Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

if ND "other sports" go to B12 is that good for the BE?
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
if ND "other sports" go to B12 is that good for the BE?
if the Big 12 adds ND Olympic Sports and does a scheduling agreement...will Big 12 expansion end?

if it does...would that not be a good thing for the BE?

it would suck to lose ND...but it would be even worse if ACC schools are taken and the ACC responds by raiding the BE. (and we lose all sports members like UConn and Rutgers)

the question is...will the Big 12 be happy with 10 all-sports members and ND Olympic sports long term?
06-21-2012 01:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mtyler Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MEMPHIS
RE: if ND "other sports" go to B12 is that good for the BE?
I think it would suck to lose Notre dame, but at the end of the day their Olympic sports don't carry weight anywhere close to their football. If it brought stability then it would be well worth it. I don't think losing Notre Dame Olympic sports would hurt the perception of the league anymore than it already is.
06-21-2012 09:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Comet Offline
All American

I Root For: SMU
If it guaranteed that Louisville (and/or other Big East teams) don't leave to the Big XII, I think it's a loss worth taking.
06-21-2012 09:49 PM
TRest3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UConn
Having been a BE fan since the conference's inception, I will miss Syracuse and WVU far more than a potential loss of ND. They have never felt like a natural fit IMO, and I don't believe have become any other school's rival.
06-21-2012 10:17 PM
Advertisement

bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
No, it wouldn't be good but I would rather lose the Irish than another all sports member.
06-21-2012 11:15 PM
Jeffkills Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Boise State
If they leave maybe it opens the door for BSU if the big west refuses to be reasonable....

In all reality, BSU is running out of options and the nBe can't afford to lose us....
06-21-2012 11:22 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(06-21-2012 11:22 PM)Jeffkills Wrote:  If they leave maybe it opens the door for BSU if the big west refuses to be reasonable....

In all reality, BSU is running out of options and the nBe can't afford to lose us....

That pic of Moore makes him look like a special needs kid...just sayin.
06-21-2012 11:30 PM
Advertisement

Jeffkills Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Boise State
(06-21-2012 11:30 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(06-21-2012 11:22 PM)Jeffkills Wrote:  If they leave maybe it opens the door for BSU if the big west refuses to be reasonable....

That pic of Moore makes him look like a special needs kid...just sayin.

Well, Okay....

:dirtyvegas:
06-21-2012 11:45 PM
monty Offline

I Root For: SDSU
I see it the other way, getting ND other sports would be the signal they are going to get bigger and quick, but maybe it would be enough for texas to just say we're done now.
06-22-2012 01:47 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
There are various possible scenarios:

It may well help the Big 12 snag a couple of ACC teams like FSU and Clemson.

On the other hand, it may end up FSU for all sports, ND for other sports and BYU for just football.

Finally, it may cause the Big 12 to add FSU, Louisville for a traveling partner for WVU (all sports) and ND for other sports.

Any of those possibilities could end up with the ACC raiding the BE again.

Who knows? I am not even sure that ND moves its other sports to the Big 12. Time will tell.
06-22-2012 06:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
NO.
06-22-2012 06:58 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(06-22-2012 06:38 AM)TerryD Wrote:  There are various possible scenarios:

It may well help the Big 12 snag a couple of ACC teams like FSU and Clemson.

On the other hand, it may end up FSU for all sports, ND for other sports and BYU for just football.

Finally, it may cause the Big 12 to add FSU, Louisville for a traveling partner for WVU (all sports) and ND for other sports.

Any of those possibilities could end up with the ACC raiding the BE again.

Who knows? I am not even sure that ND moves its other sports to the Big 12. Time will tell.
But if the B12 wants to add FSU and UL, they can do it, whether ND comes in Olympic sports, or not. I don't see the connection.

Same for leaving the BE. I think it hurts the BE to lose ND, even for Olympic sports, and I don't see how losing ND would make it any more or less likely that the B12 would take anybody else. Don't see how the BE is more stable by losing ND.

I think what it boils down to is that Texas would like ND for Oly sports, b/c they think it makes it easier to get them in FB later, and/or it sets Texas up to go indy, too, if they so chose.

But as was reported recently, the only B12 expansion candidate with unanimous approval is ND. The others haven't been invited yet, b/c they just don't have enough votes.
06-22-2012 08:44 AM
Frank the Tank Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
The Big East with Notre Dame for basketball is still worth more than the Big East without Notre Dame for basketball, so no, ND leaving wouldn't be good for the Big East. As Triple A stated, I don't think ND moving its Olympics sports really means anything with respect to the Big 12 going after Florida State or any further domino effect if the ACC gets raided (which in turn could further raid the Big East).
06-22-2012 09:07 AM
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
I was just tossing out the various "conquer the world" scenarios discussed by the Big 12 folks.
06-22-2012 09:13 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(06-22-2012 09:13 AM)TerryD Wrote:  I was just tossing out the various "conquer the world" scenarios discussed by the Big 12 folks.
How can you even keep up with all of them? 03-lmfao

Pretty ironic, considering that league almost imploded the last two years in a row.
06-22-2012 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.