Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What will UCFs record be this Fall?
Bookmark and Share
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
What will UCFs record be this Fall?
It's close enough to do our season prediction and I'm curious as to what other fans believe.
06-14-2012 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Inigo Offline
You killed my father. Prepare to die.

I Root For: UCF Knights
RE: What will UCFs record be this Fall?
8-4
06-14-2012 02:42 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
Here's how I rated us in a previous thread and I'm sticking to it:

@Akron - win by 15,, but not as much as we should win by
@tOSU - lose by 10, we'll keep it close for a while, but they'll break us
FIU - win big
Mizzou - lose in a squeaker, I have no faith that Leary can win this game
ECU - win by 10
USM - win in a squeaker
@Memphis - win, but not by as much as we should
@Marshall - win in a squeaker
SMU - win in a squeaker
@UTEP - lose in a squeaker, we'll do something stupid and lose this one
@Tulsa - win in a squeaker or lose by a touchdown
UAB - win, but not by as much as we should

So either 9-3 and in the CCG, or 8-4 and probably in the CCG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
06-14-2012 03:03 PM
MWD1001 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Penn State
I suspect UCF will lose to the usual suspects (big conference teams, So. Miss, Tulsa) and have at least 1 or 2 bad games where they blow it due to unforced errors like stupid turnovers, penalties, lack of 3rd down conversions, missed FG's/XP's, etc. That will lead to another 7-5 or at best 8-4 season.
06-15-2012 01:56 PM

Pittstoner74 Offline
Water Engineer

If our QB play is decent we go 9-3....if our defense is lights out 10-2....if either of those dont happen we could go 6-6.
06-16-2012 10:57 AM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

UCF usually has at least one or two catastrophic failure or let down each year. Why is there no news or lack of excitement this year during off season.
06-16-2012 07:00 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The American
(06-16-2012 07:00 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  UCF usually has at least one or two catastrophic failure or let down each year. Why is there no news or lack of excitement this year during off season.

We don't want to eat crow like we did last year.

This time last year everyone was like AWWW YEAH BCS BOWL HERE WE COME.

Even I was entertaining the thought of an undefeated Houston versus undefeated UCF in the CCG (well I was half right).

I'd like to say we've wisened as a fanbase. I'm cautiously optimistic. I know many that are cautiously or outright pessimistic. There are few that are like last year. Those special teams fu@k ups really threw a wrench in our plans.
06-16-2012 07:52 PM

Delin Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF & THFC
(06-16-2012 07:52 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(06-16-2012 07:00 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  UCF usually has at least one or two catastrophic failure or let down each year. Why is there no news or lack of excitement this year during off season.

We don't want to eat crow like we did last year.

This time last year everyone was like AWWW YEAH BCS BOWL HERE WE COME.

Even I was entertaining the thought of an undefeated Houston versus undefeated UCF in the CCG (well I was half right).

I'd like to say we've wisened as a fanbase. I'm cautiously optimistic. I know many that are cautiously or outright pessimistic. There are few that are like last year. Those special teams fu@k ups really threw a wrench in our plans.

I should have learned long ago to stop getting so excited about the season following our winning seasons (my first year at UCF coincided with GOL's first year), last year I thought would be different because we were coming off our first two back-to-back winning seasons in GOL's entire tenure. I let myself be optimistic. Not going to do that again. Not as long as GOL is in charge.
06-18-2012 07:53 AM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

This is truly sad that every real UCF fan knows not to get excited about football season because of the inevitable heartbreak. We have such a unique fanbase, but it is an unfortunate statement for the status of our team. Some day he will be gone and we can have some sort of winning consistency.
06-18-2012 10:01 AM
atsKnight Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-18-2012 10:01 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  This is truly sad that every real UCF fan knows not to get excited about football season because of the inevitable heartbreak. We have such a unique fanbase, but it is an unfortunate statement for the status of our team. Some day he will be gone and we can have some sort of winning consistency.

I don't remember much winning consistency even before He-who-shall-not-be-named's tenure.

I think that the fans have been trained over the last few years to expect disappointment when we are excited, victory when we are pessimistic, and disappointment when we are neutral.

Our first visit to the CUSA title game was so surprising it won He-who-shall-not-be-named a COY. Our first championship came after the beatdown-that-shall-not-be-named and our fans collectively giving up on the season. I also remember telling anyone who asked that I expected to get trashed in our Liberty Bowl v. UGA.

This year, I'm neutral. It feels like an 8-4 year with a St. Pete bowl win that lifts our spirits.
06-18-2012 10:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.