Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

But this is OK, Funny
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
But this is OK, Funny
TV host Behar jokes that she wants to see Romney's 'house burn'

TV personality Joy Behar is attacking Mitt Romney for disagreeing with President Obama’s recent call to hire more firemen and other public-sector workers, saying she would like to see one of his homes catch fire.

“I’d like to see his house burn, one of his millions of houses burning down,” said Behar, a co-host on ABC’s “The View” daytime talk show. “Who's he going to call, the Mormon fire patrol?”

The president said Friday that the private sector was “doing fine” but local governments need to help the stagnant economy by hiring more teachers, firemen and other public-sector workers.

Romney, the GOP presidential candidate, responded by saying, “He wants to hire more government workers.

“He says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people.”

Behar, recently hired to work on Al Gore’s cable TV station Current, is a former school teacher who reportedly got started in show biz in the 1980s as a standup comic.

She has often spars on “The View” with Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the show’s only conservative co-host.

“You know what I mean?,” Behar continued during her interview with the website Mediaite. “Come on. What am I supposed to do if my apartment gets caught on fire? Am I gonna call Mitt Romney to come and put it out? See what I mean?"

Barrack ain't going to show up either. B!tch
06-13-2012 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
RE: But this is OK, Funny
I laughed...at Barack going after the thickest white chick of the bunch in the picture...
06-13-2012 10:20 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(06-13-2012 10:12 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  TV host Behar jokes that she wants to see Romney's 'house burn'

TV personality Joy Behar is attacking Mitt Romney for disagreeing with President Obama’s recent call to hire more firemen and other public-sector workers, saying she would like to see one of his homes catch fire.

“I’d like to see his house burn, one of his millions of houses burning down,” said Behar, a co-host on ABC’s “The View” daytime talk show. “Who's he going to call, the Mormon fire patrol?”

The president said Friday that the private sector was “doing fine” but local governments need to help the stagnant economy by hiring more teachers, firemen and other public-sector workers.

Romney, the GOP presidential candidate, responded by saying, “He wants to hire more government workers.

“He says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people.”

Behar, recently hired to work on Al Gore’s cable TV station Current, is a former school teacher who reportedly got started in show biz in the 1980s as a standup comic.

She has often spars on “The View” with Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the show’s only conservative co-host.

“You know what I mean?,” Behar continued during her interview with the website Mediaite. “Come on. What am I supposed to do if my apartment gets caught on fire? Am I gonna call Mitt Romney to come and put it out? See what I mean?"

Barrack ain't going to show up either. B!tch
I don't think it was an appropriate comment but I understand what she is saying. Of course the problem is that he probably has private fire protection so he doesn't have to worry about cutting firefighters.
06-13-2012 10:22 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Of course she also says he has millions of houses...so I wouldn't take it very literally.
06-13-2012 10:27 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
But when conservatives put a target on a district that means we want the incumbent there dead! EVERYTHING IS LITERAL IN AMERICAN POLITICS!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2012 10:39 AM by BleedsHuskieRed.)
06-13-2012 10:39 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(06-13-2012 10:27 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Of course she also says he has millions of houses...so I wouldn't take it very literally.

I like the dig at the "mormon fire patrol" would she have made that joke about a Muslim?
06-13-2012 10:44 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

Liberals only pay lip service to one subset of the population: A thin woman living in the city, preferably a minority, with three children by three men who can't get by without Government assistance.

A fat white women, living in an surburbs with two kids who can't get by is something a liberal heaps scorn at; and a rich, religious white businessman? That's burn down the house material.....
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2012 12:31 PM by Lord Stanley.)
06-13-2012 11:18 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(06-13-2012 10:39 AM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  But when conservatives put a target on a district that means we want the incumbent there dead! EVERYTHING IS LITERAL IN AMERICAN POLITICS!!!!!

Slight difference in that Behar is a TV blowhard/comedian, not a current or former elected official.

But I was more concerned with the "Don't retreat, reload" comment over the crosshairs/target.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2012 12:24 PM by Redwingtom.)
06-13-2012 12:23 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(06-13-2012 12:23 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(06-13-2012 10:39 AM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  But when conservatives put a target on a district that means we want the incumbent there dead! EVERYTHING IS LITERAL IN AMERICAN POLITICS!!!!!

Slight difference in that Behar is a TV blowhard/comedian, not a current or former elected official.

But I was more concerned with the "Don't retreat, reload" comment over the crosshairs/target.

Why is that ?
06-13-2012 12:33 PM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(06-13-2012 12:33 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  
(06-13-2012 12:23 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Why is that ?

Because libs don't understand metaphors.
06-13-2012 12:38 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
While you may not have liked the website, there is zero evidence to suggest that anyone, especially not the Arizona dude, did anything as a result of the depiction... Yet the meme continues.
06-13-2012 12:39 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(06-13-2012 12:39 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  While you may not have liked the website, there is zero evidence to suggest that anyone, especially not the Arizona dude, did anything as a result of the depiction... Yet the meme continues.

In what world? It lasted about a week if that.
06-13-2012 12:58 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

You just brought it up. It was talked about by leftists last time Obama said something about "enemies".
06-13-2012 03:16 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(06-13-2012 03:16 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  You just brought it up. It was talked about by leftists last time Obama said something about "enemies".

No, see Post #5.
06-13-2012 04:04 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

(06-13-2012 04:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(06-13-2012 03:16 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  You just brought it up. It was talked about by leftists last time Obama said something about "enemies".

No, see Post #5.

That doesn't change the fact that it was brought up in this thread and brought up in response to obamas enemies list. You certainly defended the comment despite the fact that nobody shot at anyone as a result of the site... Yet you were concerned about the don't retreat comment. Really? Why? Has anyone shot, much less reloaded at a politician as a result of it?

Or are you mentioning something that is just fluff rather than substance (by palin)
06-13-2012 05:42 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
This thing about liberals bashing conservatives is getting to me. A middle aged tea party type is called a violent racist when he has done nothing wrong, but violent liberals who burn cars and buildings over crap they disagree with are ok because they have free speech rights and are victims of the rich.
06-13-2012 07:08 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(06-13-2012 10:44 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(06-13-2012 10:27 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Of course she also says he has millions of houses...so I wouldn't take it very literally.

I like the dig at the "mormon fire patrol" would she have made that joke about a Muslim?

That's what this forum is for.
06-13-2012 08:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.