Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football TV games
Bookmark and Share
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Exclamation Football TV games
So here are the current games scheduled to be nationally televised...

ESPN/ESPN2
Louisiana @ North Texas
Arkansas State @ Louisiana
Arkansas State @ Nebraska
Baylor @ ULM

ESPNU
Arkansas State @ Florida International
Western Kentucky @ Troy
Middle Tennessee @ Western Kentucky
ULM @ Arkansas State
Florida International @ Florida Atlantic
Louisville @ Florida International

ESPN3
Memphis @ Arkansas State
Florida International @ Duke
Louisiana @ Troy
South Alabama @ N.C. State
Mississippi State @ Troy
Navy @ Troy
Southern Miss @ Western Kentucky

SEC Network
Troy @ Tennessee

CBS Sports
Florida Atlantic @ Navy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not too shabby, considering CSS hasn't even come out with their TV schedule for the Sun Belt yet. It looks like we're going to be able to see most of our games.

I remember 3 years ago it was a pain just trying to find any live feeds of un-televised SBC games. Now ESPN3 or ESPNU is carrying them.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 01:54 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
06-09-2012 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
RE: Football TV games
(06-09-2012 01:11 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  So here are the current games scheduled to be nationally televised...

ESPN/ESPN2
Louisiana @ North Texas

ESPNU
Western Kentucky @ Troy
ULM @ Arkansas State

ESPN3
Memphis @ Arkansas State
Louisiana @ Troy
Mississippi State @ Troy
Navy @ Troy
Louisville @ Florida International (or ESPNU)

not too shabby, considering CSS hasn't even come out with their TV schedule for the Sun Belt yet. It looks like we're going to be able to see most of our games.

I remember 3 years ago it was a pain just trying to find any live feeds of un-televised SBC games. Now ESPN3 or ESPNU is carrying them.

You forgot Baylor @ ULM on ESPN2
06-09-2012 01:13 PM

(06-09-2012 01:13 PM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 01:11 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  So here are the current games scheduled to be nationally televised...

ESPN/ESPN2
Louisiana @ North Texas

ESPNU
Western Kentucky @ Troy
ULM @ Arkansas State

ESPN3
Memphis @ Arkansas State
Louisiana @ Troy
Mississippi State @ Troy
Navy @ Troy
Louisville @ Florida International (or ESPNU)

You forgot Baylor @ ULM on ESPN2

Fixed, I didn't see it on the Sun Belt composite schedule.
06-09-2012 01:19 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Arkansas State at Oregon is likely ending up somewhere, but just where isn't resolved. Pac-12 TV was lobbying to move it to the Thursday before Labor Day and apparently ASU and/or Oregon balked.
06-09-2012 01:39 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
When did the Nebraska game get announce as National TV? I knew it was possible because of the Big 10's lovely 11am TV slot with ESPN, but I hadnt seen it...
06-09-2012 02:01 PM
Advertisement

Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
I'm not impressed.
06-09-2012 02:47 PM
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(06-09-2012 02:47 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  I'm not impressed.

I am sure that more games will be added as the season goes on. Besides, whatever is not picked up is available for Cox/CSS. Either way, we will have a lot of exposure this season. In turn, I see UNT only has one listed game so far. Doesn't really matter much, your out of the SBC after this season.
06-09-2012 03:04 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(06-09-2012 03:04 PM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  

I am sure that more games will be added as the season goes on. Besides, whatever is not picked up is available for Cox/CSS. Either way, we will have a lot of exposure this season. In turn, I see UNT only has one listed game so far. Doesn't really matter much, your out of the SBC after this season.

I really wanted to see as many of our away games as possible. The one game we have is a Tuesday night game. Not a good T.V. schedule for UNT.
06-09-2012 03:59 PM

(06-09-2012 02:01 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  When did the Nebraska game get announce as National TV? I knew it was possible because of the Big 10's lovely 11am TV slot with ESPN, but I hadnt seen it...

According to this LINK on the Sun Belt's website, it is supposed to be on either ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU. It's also listed on THIS website the same way.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 04:31 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
06-09-2012 04:31 PM
Advertisement

TXSTCAT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bobcats

Hmmm...03-confused
Wasn't the whole we have a large TV market a case for more TV dollars. Seems ESPN didn't get that memo. We have 3 or 4 TV games unsure if they will be on ESPNU or ESPN3 just yet but that's still 2x what UNT and UTSA will have combined. I don't get it.
06-09-2012 05:04 PM

(06-09-2012 05:04 PM)TXSTCAT Wrote:  

Hmmm...03-confused
Wasn't the whole we have a large TV market a case for more TV dollars. Seems ESPN didn't get that memo. We have 3 or 4 TV games unsure if they will be on ESPNU or ESPN3 just yet but that's still 2x what UNT and UTSA will have combined. I don't get it.

It's all about which teams are playing best. That's why you see less of Washington State, Duke, Vanderbilt, Iowa State, etc. on TV and more of Alabama, Michigan, USC, Penn State, etc...

This is why Troy, Arkansas State, Louisiana, and FIU have more games being broadcast because they have had lots of success recently or are expected to be a hot team. If UNT had a season like ASU had last year, I'd be willing to bet they'd have more games being broadcast this year.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 05:28 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
06-09-2012 05:27 PM
chiefsfan Offline

TV games in the SBC go to the teams that might draw the most interest among viewers. ASU went 10-2 last year and has made news in the offseason with the Malzahn hire. ULL is moving up in the world. FIU is moving to CUSA and has been good for a few years. Troy is still the most tradition rich program in the league.

UNT's last big run was 8 years ago, and they havent exactly made national news recently, outside of joining 5 other schools in moving to CUSA. Thats not going to get them TV.
06-09-2012 05:40 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(06-09-2012 05:40 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  FIU is moving to CUSA and has been good for a few years.

Not a few....just 2 years.
06-09-2012 07:17 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(06-09-2012 07:17 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 05:40 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  FIU is moving to CUSA and has been good for a few years.

I dont think FIU was that great even last year. Ya they got 4th in the Conference but WKU Deserved the bowl more than they did....Look at it this way, TROY SUCKED last year but FIU had to take TROY into 2OT to beat us....
06-09-2012 07:23 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(06-09-2012 07:23 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

I dont think FIU was that great even last year. Ya they got 4th in the Conference but WKU Deserved the bowl more than they did....Look at it this way, TROY SUCKED last year but FIU had to take TROY into 2OT to beat us....

FIU however beat Louisville and had TY Hilton. They got more national attention.
06-09-2012 07:53 PM
ntmeangreen11 Offline
Banned

I Root For:
We had like 5 or 6 games on espn3 last year, most of them didn't get picked up until the week of the game. Don't see how anyone makes a connection to our TV market over that. We have state of the art amenities for the video crews, plenty of games will be on TV at Apogee this season and in the future.
06-09-2012 08:13 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU

I heard we weren't good the year before as well, when we scored 52 on y'all. I don't know about you, but I think a team that spends good money to have a lower div team come to their house and whoop their ass shouldn't be pissed at a team that won 3 of 4 OOC games (none played against FCS to pad stats, unlike some belt members).
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 08:59 PM by FIU4Ever.)
06-09-2012 08:51 PM
Advertisement

SOT1977 Offline
1st String

(06-09-2012 05:27 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  This is why Troy, Arkansas State, Louisiana, and FIU have more games being broadcast because they have had lots of success recently or are expected to be a hot team. If UNT had a season like ASU had last year, I'd be willing to bet they'd have more games being broadcast this year.

I don't think Troy is being shown four times on TV because they are Troy. They're being shown because they're the team that Mississippi State, WKU, ULL, and Tennessee happen to be playing at the time and it works out well for TV placement.

After the 2011 season, Troy ain't on TV for being Troy. If they do well in 2012, then the opposite might be true in 2013.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 09:13 PM by SOT1977.)
06-09-2012 09:11 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(06-09-2012 08:51 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  

I heard we weren't good the year before as well, when we scored 52 on y'all. I don't know about you, but I think a team that spends good money to have a lower div team come to their house and whoop their ass shouldn't be pissed at a team that won 3 of 4 OOC games (none played against FCS to pad stats, unlike some belt members).

I never said FIU wasnt good the year before...At the beginning of the season 2010 I had my doubts, but thats only because you guys were never good before that...But near the end of the season I knew other wise.
I would also like to add FIU came to Troy at a GOOD time. Troy was at its worst when we played South Carolina and FIU. I never saw a team just give us as I did then...If FIU played Troy and the end of the season (2010) It would have been a different game I assure you. We may have still lost BUT it would have been damn close
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 09:22 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
06-09-2012 09:19 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(06-09-2012 08:13 PM)ntmeangreen11 Wrote:  We had like 5 or 6 games on espn3 last year, most of them didn't get picked up until the week of the game. Don't see how anyone makes a connection to our TV market over that. We have state of the art amenities for the video crews, plenty of games will be on TV at Apogee this season and in the future.

I'm curious how many games Fox clears nationally. With the sports package on ATT I always prefer that it not be many so I have more games to pick from.
06-09-2012 09:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.