ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VCU to get Football on the back of the Redskins?
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
VCU to get Football on the back of the Redskins?
Washington moving training camp to Richmond... does it help VCU get football.

Redskins moving training camp to Richmond...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foot..._blog.html
06-06-2012 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

monarchman Offline
1st String

RE: VCU to get Football on the back of the Redskins?
Very interesting.

I would imagine they'd select City Stadium as a natural location (for many logistical reasons). According to the article, the state was involved in this move and provided $3M, I would find it hard to believe that VCU would not entertain this possibility.
06-06-2012 11:27 AM
MonarchManiac Online
Heisman

I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell that VCU picks up football now.

They are really thin on cash - just paid huge exit fee, lost revenue from excellence pool, and entry fee to A-10. Shaka salary is very large...not to mention they moved to a conference that does not even sponsor football...where would their team play? Stadium? Donors?

I don't think it's even a remote possibility at this point.
06-06-2012 12:39 PM
Advertisement

Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
Too bad they didn't add football when we did they might have taken Charlottes place in the CUSA.
06-06-2012 12:50 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

This was news on the VCU boards about a year ago, I believe. Funny to see it come up again.

While I loathe VCU's fanbase with every fiber in my being, they are quite passionate and support their premier program. With a stadium available, young and energized fanbase, and alums that are doing pretty well (except the budding Van Gogh's of the world), I would think the economics for a 1-AA team are doable.

Unlike UR, the average VCU fan does not need either a walking catheter or Depends to get through a 3 hour football game. And there would be no need for provisions for their alum to park rascal scooters in front of City Stadium.

Have always said that an ODU/VCU football tailgate would be off the hook.

Tsk, tsk, will probably never happen.
06-06-2012 03:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.