Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tom Jurich doing some backtracking
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
Tom Jurich doing some backtracking
Quote:Eric Crawford ‏@ericcrawford
#UofL athletic director Tom Jurich said he never told the #BigEast UofL wanted out. Only told them that he'd talk to others if chance arose.

Jurich said of #UofL's conference situation, "We've done everything we can." Says he'll work to improve #UofL's program and the #BigEast.

Sounds like the words of a man who has just realized his place in the world.
06-05-2012 12:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
RE: Tom Jurich doing some backtracking
Come on, we're all in this together, until somebody leaves. You don't think UCF would go to the B12, or the ACC, if they were invited? I know Memphis would. Memphis campaigned for years to get out of C-USA, rightfully so. I have no issue with UL doing the same.

Looks like things might be settling down in realignment, and they're still here. So they're a part of the BE, maybe for another year, maybe for a long time. Until then, it seems better to go after other conferences, rather than teams in our own conference, other than normal game trash talking. JMO. I know there are two sides to that debate.
06-05-2012 12:50 PM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
You're both correct.
06-05-2012 12:52 PM
Blackhawk-eye Offline
1st String

I Root For: B&G Hawks
If our AD's aren't doing their absolute best to better the position of their respective institutions at all times, they should be fired.
06-05-2012 12:53 PM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(06-05-2012 12:50 PM)TripleA Wrote:  Come on, we're all in this together, until somebody leaves. You don't think UCF would go to the B12, or the ACC, if they were invited? I know Memphis would. Memphis campaigned for years to get out of C-USA, rightfully so. I have no issue with UL doing the same.

Looks like things might be settling down in realignment, and they're still here. So they're a part of the BE, maybe for another year, maybe for a long time. Until then, it seems better to go after other conferences, rather than teams in our own conference, other than normal game trash talking. JMO. I know there are two sides to that debate.

I agree as well. I never truly believed that he said that in the first place. Not the definitively strong statement that was rumored on twitter. So, I don't believe he was backtracking at all.

Despite the obvious interest Louisville posters have in wanting to better their conference affiliation, that desire is mostly shared by all, and is not exclusive to just Louisville.

When the dust settles, I think most will be suprised at how well the Big East will have faired. This conference has a lot going for it, and it will be proven over the next 6 months despite what agenda filled talking heads have to say.
06-05-2012 12:58 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
Add this one, too:

Quote:@ericcrawford Eric Crawford
He'd told Marinatto that #UofL would listen if others offered. He told board the same thing once Marinatto was out.

So Katz's story from last month wasn't just a repeat of Jurich's comments made from last December. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...unresolved

I agree that AD's should be doing all they can to promote their schools. I'm actually refreshed by the honesty that Jurich displays here and wish others would follow his lead.

But correct me if I am wrong, but the reports from last month specifically said:

Quote:Tom Jurich told the Big East board of directors that the Cardinals want to be in the Big 12 or the ACC, opting for transparency by making members aware of his school's true intentions.

not that they would "listen if others offered." Those are two different sentiments.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 01:07 PM by CommuterBob.)
06-05-2012 01:04 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
No new news hear believe what you want to believe . Crawford is repeating old news, plus he is the last guy in Louisville that Jurich would tell anything to. 07-coffee3
06-05-2012 01:12 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
OK!!

Enough of this denegrating Louisville crap. They ARE still a BE member.

People who continue to stir this crap up will get either warnings or forum bans.
06-05-2012 01:15 PM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

(06-05-2012 01:15 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  OK!!

People who continue to stir this crap up will get either warnings or forum bans.

Can Memphis fans still bash Louisville (regardless of what the subject is about)? Pretty sure that is our birthright...
06-05-2012 01:42 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
(06-05-2012 01:42 PM)Lord2FLI Wrote:  

Can Memphis fans still bash Louisville (regardless of what the subject is about)? Pretty sure that is our birthright...

I almost feel like you guys should get to on message boards since beating UofL on the court or field hasn't happened much for you guys recently!
06-05-2012 01:47 PM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

(06-05-2012 01:47 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  

I almost feel like you guys should get to on message boards since beating UofL on the court or field hasn't happened much for you guys recently!

03-banghead :muttering: 05-mafia
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 01:55 PM by Lord2FLI.)
06-05-2012 01:55 PM
Advertisement

TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis

You guys keep running away from us. Now, there's nowhere left for you to run!
06-05-2012 02:18 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Nothing to see here run along boys. All our schools would bail if a better offer came along,till then we are committed to Big East
06-05-2012 02:31 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(06-05-2012 12:41 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  
Quote:Eric Crawford ‏@ericcrawford
#UofL athletic director Tom Jurich said he never told the #BigEast UofL wanted out. Only told them that he'd talk to others if chance arose.

Jurich said of #UofL's conference situation, "We've done everything we can." Says he'll work to improve #UofL's program and the #BigEast.

Sounds like the words of a man who has just realized his place in the world.

I am not sure what you would expect Tom Jurich to say?

Unless the the 4 'super conferences' swell up to 16 teams each there are going to be a lot of very good athletic departments and universities left out. I think everyone realizes this and they are not going to close any doors but at the same time understand that if there is a possibility that will be in their current situation for the longterm it makes no sense to burn and bridges or be irresponsible in what they say publicly. (See Oliver Luck)
06-05-2012 02:49 PM
HtownOrange Offline
All American

I Root For: Syracuse
(06-05-2012 02:31 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  Nothing to see here run along boys. All our schools would bail if a better offer came along,till then we are committed to Big East

At this time, I agree, CB. However, if each AD does his duty to improve his school, the Big East will improve overall. If this group can stay together for 10-15 years, I see some heated rivalries developing and 2-4 schools are perennial powers, schools may not be in such a hurry to leave.
06-05-2012 03:04 PM
k5james Offline
1st String

I Root For: SDSU
Well, we are in June. Isn't this when we were told by Ville "insiders" here that the big "announcement" was coming?
06-05-2012 03:23 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

If you plan to do that, I hope you will ban the people that post another one of those UL will be in the B12 threads.

We all know UL got their invite by end of March 2012. Oh wait, maybe it was March, 2030. Maybe I got my date mixed.

That being said, UL is doing it no different than any other school. If a better offer comes, the school will consider it.
06-05-2012 03:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!

Ok smart guy, FedEx owns UPS! Suck it!05-stirthepot
06-05-2012 05:20 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
The question is simple. And it can be answered with a FOIA request.

Did Louisville give notice to the Big East in order to start the clock ticking on the notice-requirement?
06-05-2012 06:24 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(06-05-2012 06:24 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  The question is simple. And it can be answered with a FOIA request.

Did Louisville give notice to the Big East in order to start the clock ticking on the notice-requirement?
No. I don't think they ever did that. Urban legend.
06-05-2012 07:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.