Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MT Men's Hoops gets NC State transfer
Bookmark and Share
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
MT Men's Hoops gets NC State transfer
05-31-2012 11:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
RE: MT Men's Hoops gets NC State transfer
:ugaexams:
06-01-2012 12:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
We keep getting Houston transfers. Im not sure whats going on down in Houston, but we picked up I believe our 3rd former Cougar the other day. We did hire one of their assistants last year...who knows.
06-01-2012 11:01 AM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(06-01-2012 11:01 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  We keep getting Houston transfers. Im not sure whats going on down in Houston, but we picked up I believe our 3rd former Cougar the other day. We did hire one of their assistants last year...who knows.

Monte Towe, current MT assistant (also former UNO head coach), was on the NC State staff when this player was signed by the wolfpack, and a former MT assistant is on the current NC State staff.
06-01-2012 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(06-01-2012 12:03 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  
(06-01-2012 11:01 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  We keep getting Houston transfers. Im not sure whats going on down in Houston, but we picked up I believe our 3rd former Cougar the other day. We did hire one of their assistants last year...who knows.

Monte Towe, current MT assistant (also former UNO head coach), was on the NC State staff when this player was signed by the wolfpack, and a former MT assistant is on the current NC State staff.

translation: not good enough to play in the acc but good enough to play in the sun belt.
06-03-2012 07:01 PM
RidgeRunner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GSU
(06-03-2012 07:01 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

translation: not good enough to play in the acc but good enough to play in the sun belt.
Not necessarily. One thing that is that a player finds that he is a sub until his junior or senior year so to get more playing time they transfer. Of course NCSt could have miss-recruited.
06-03-2012 08:07 PM
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Offline
All American

(06-03-2012 08:07 PM)RidgeRunner Wrote:  

Not necessarily. One thing that is that a player finds that he is a sub until his junior or senior year so to get more playing time they transfer. Of course NCSt could have miss-recruited.

Could be just a case of a player recruited under the former staff not feeling the love from the new coach. Or maybe just wants a change of scenery. Could be he's not good enough to start as well. I don't think any sun belt school can claim they have never taken a transfer from a power conference program looking for PT. Lots of coming and going at a lot of Sun Belt schools. Could say that about transfers from the Big East, say uconn, not good enough to play there, but good enough to play in the Sun Belt.
06-03-2012 09:19 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(06-03-2012 09:19 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  

Could be just a case of a player recruited under the former staff not feeling the love from the new coach. Or maybe just wants a change of scenery. Could be he's not good enough to start as well. I don't think any sun belt school can claim they have never taken a transfer from a power conference program looking for PT. Lots of coming and going at a lot of Sun Belt schools. Could say that about transfers from the Big East, say uconn, not good enough to play there, but good enough to play in the Sun Belt.

all i was referencing was one player. your guy was not good enough to play in the acc. he's good enough....maybe....to play in the sun belt. we won't know until we see him.

and i'd love you to find any post where i've said anything about bradley from uconn. he WASN'T good enough to play there his freshman year on the national champs. he was hurt his second year. his numbers in high school were less than impressive. i'll go watch him this summer but still won't make my mind up about him until i see him play in real games. i place very little stock in summer pickup games. very little dee played in them.

there are tons of txfers every year. kids have had people on their nutsack since they were 12 years old telling them they're the next jordan....or bron-bron. then they get on campus and there's 13 guys that have been told the same thing. and reality smacks them in the face.

the same coach that told them how special they were during recruiting is now an @sshole that's screaming if they don't play college defense or learn how to quit jacking up 3 point scuds 5 seconds into the shot clock they won't see the floor.

kids are too impatient. most freshmen aren't going to make a huge impact unless they're a tony mitchell type and we rarely get them in the sun belt.

this kid could be good. he was recruited to an acc school. but for the moment....he wasn't good enough to play there.....at all from his numbers. i honestly have no idea how good nc state was last year or who he had in front of him.
06-04-2012 08:39 AM
TexasWarhawkBrother Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM,FSU,UNC
dang too bad i dont have any D1 eligibility left
06-04-2012 09:38 AM
MT FAN Offline
All American

(06-04-2012 08:39 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(06-01-2012 12:03 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  Monte Towe, current MT assistant (also former UNO head coach), was on the NC State staff when this player was signed by the wolfpack, and a former MT assistant is on the current NC State staff.

all i was referencing was one player. your guy was not good enough to play in the acc. he's good enough....maybe....to play in the sun belt. we won't know until we see him.

and i'd love you to find any post where i've said anything about bradley from uconn. he WASN'T good enough to play there his freshman year on the national champs. he was hurt his second year. his numbers in high school were less than impressive. i'll go watch him this summer but still won't make my mind up about him until i see him play in real games. i place very little stock in summer pickup games. very little dee played in them.

there are tons of txfers every year. kids have had people on their nutsack since they were 12 years old telling them they're the next jordan....or bron-bron. then they get on campus and there's 13 guys that have been told the same thing. and reality smacks them in the face.

the same coach that told them how special they were during recruiting is now an @sshole that's screaming if they don't play college defense or learn how to quit jacking up 3 point scuds 5 seconds into the shot clock they won't see the floor.

kids are too impatient. most freshmen aren't going to make a huge impact unless they're a tony mitchell type and we rarely get them in the sun belt.

this kid could be good. he was recruited to an acc school. but for the moment....he wasn't good enough to play there.....at all from his numbers. i honestly have no idea how good nc state was last year or who he had in front of him.

He was a true freshman on a NC State team that went to the sweet 16 and barely loss to Kansas by 3. How much playing time did you expect him to get? I sense a little animosity from you.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 03:52 PM by MT FAN.)
06-04-2012 10:41 AM
TexasWarhawkBrother Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM,FSU,UNC
he is a 6-4 195lbs. SG
here are some #s

Season

GP

MPG

PPG

FG%

3FG%

FT%

APG

RPG

BPG

SPG

2011-12

apparently left the program due to lack of playing time
06-04-2012 11:45 AM
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(06-04-2012 10:41 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 07:01 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  translation: not good enough to play in the acc but good enough to play in the sun belt.

He was a true freshman on a NC State team that went to the sweet 16 and barely loss to Kansas by 3. How much playing time did you expect him to get? I sense a little animosity from you.

my original statement that he was not good enough to play in the acc stands as fact.

it doesn't matter if he's a 12 year old doogie howser going to college early true freshman....he wasn't good enough to play. he's prolly good enough to play in the sun belt but we won't know for 2 years.

fact: not good enough to play acc ball.
06-04-2012 10:33 PM
MT FAN Offline
All American

(06-04-2012 10:33 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 10:41 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 08:07 PM)RidgeRunner Wrote:  Not necessarily. One thing that is that a player finds that he is a sub until his junior or senior year so to get more playing time they transfer. Of course NCSt could have miss-recruited.

my original statement that he was not good enough to play in the acc stands as fact.

it doesn't matter if he's a 12 year old doogie howser going to college early true freshman....he wasn't good enough to play. he's prolly good enough to play in the sun belt but we won't know for 2 years.

So you are saying all the true freshman sitting on the benches of ACC teams right now that will surely play in the future are not good enough for the ACC? That doesn't make sense. Have you even seen him play?
06-05-2012 07:40 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(06-05-2012 07:40 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 10:33 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  my original statement that he was not good enough to play in the acc stands as fact.

So you are saying all the true freshman sitting on the benches of ACC teams right now that will surely play in the future are not good enough for the ACC? That doesn't make sense. Have you even seen him play?

i made no statements about any other true freshmen in the acc. where did i say that?

i referenced one guy that wasn't good enough to play. your guy.

i have not seen him play. since he only saw 2.5 minutes per game in 11 games i'd say nobody on this board has seen him play.

i have not said he was bad. i've said he wasn't good enough to play in the acc.

he apparently has sought the proper level of play to ensure (he hopes) playing time.
06-05-2012 07:55 AM
MT FAN Offline
All American

(06-05-2012 07:55 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 10:33 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  my original statement that he was not good enough to play in the acc stands as fact.

i made no statements about any other true freshmen in the acc. where did i say that?

i have not seen him play. since he only saw 2.5 minutes per game in 11 games i'd say nobody on this board has seen him play.

i have not said he was bad. i've said he wasn't good enough to play in the acc.he apparently has sought the proper level of play to ensure (he hopes) playing time.

He may not be good enough to play in the ACC or the Sun Belt for that matter. I just don't see how you can make a judgment like that based off amount of playing time he received as a TRUE FRESHMAN at a NCAA tournament quality NC State team. Where did it say that he transferred because he was not good enough for the ACC? I must have missed that in the article. I am confident that if he were transferring to WKU you would be on here praising his abilities and talking about how good he is.
06-05-2012 08:18 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(06-05-2012 08:18 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  

i have not said he was bad. i've said he wasn't good enough to play in the acc.he apparently has sought the proper level of play to ensure (he hopes) playing time.

He may not be good enough to play in the ACC or the Sun Belt for that matter. I just don't see how you can make a judgment like that based off amount of playing time he received as a TRUE FRESHMAN at a NCAA tournament quality NC State team. Where did it say that he transferred because he was not good enough for the ACC? I must have missed that in the article. I am confident that if he were transferring to WKU you would be on here praising his abilities and talking about how good he is.

your confidence would be unfounded. i'm not a cheerleader. i keep it real. go back and read me for the last several years. you might be new to the board or something.

i can make a judgement like 'he wasn't good enough for the acc' because he played ~25 minutes FOR THE YEAR.

he wasn't good enough to play. doesn't matter if it's because he was a 'true freshman' which is a ridiculous argument about a basketball player anyway. you don't see the redshirting in hoops like you do in football anyway so drop the 'true' part off.

bottom line.....not ready for prime time.
06-05-2012 08:42 AM
Advertisement

MTPiKapp Offline
Socialist

(06-05-2012 08:42 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 08:18 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  

your confidence would be unfounded. i'm not a cheerleader. i keep it real. go back and read me for the last several years. you might be new to the board or something.

i can make a judgement like 'he wasn't good enough for the acc' because he played ~25 minutes FOR THE YEAR.

he wasn't good enough to play. doesn't matter if it's because he was a 'true freshman' which is a ridiculous argument about a basketball player anyway. you don't see the redshirting in hoops like you do in football anyway so drop the 'true' part off.

bottom line.....not ready for prime time.

I agree with both of you to an extent. If he was truly ACC ready, he would have gotten more playing time last year, but just because he wasn't ACC ready as a freshman, doesn't mean he doesn't have ACC level talent. I have no idea what the situation was as far as the talent ahead of him and/or the incoming talent that perhaps was better than he was.
06-05-2012 01:09 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
I'll say this.......

Beed will criticize his own, if it warrants it.

I don't see him as a rah-rah type of dude. Tells it like it is.
06-05-2012 02:05 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(06-05-2012 02:05 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  I'll say this.......

to be honest amigo....i try to never criticize our players openly. i will make statements about the team. what it's not doing right.

i will openly criticize an idiot coach like mcdummy as he was making 350 thousand dollars per year in a very public job.

i didn't even slam this new guy. i just said he wasn't good enough for the acc. which would include the majority of the sun belt players. most players in the acc were not down to unc and western and decided at the last minute....awwww what the hell....imma be a tar heel.

we have to get the tweeners or really focus on getting great guards and hoping for a txfer like you guys got with dendy last year.

we have people on our board that openly criticize current players and it's a free country and all and you can do that. people say the players shouldn't read the board and though that may be true any kid is gonna do it.

just a personal choice of mine.

i like our txfer from uconn....bradley. but he hasn't done anything in college hoops yet. we're taking a shot on a kid because jim calhoun saw him big east capable when he recruited him. ray thinks he can help and right now i'm on the ray train. unless he goes mcdummy on me he has my full support.
06-06-2012 05:56 AM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(06-06-2012 05:56 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 02:05 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  I'll say this.......

to be honest amigo....i try to never criticize our players openly. i will make statements about the team. what it's not doing right.

i will openly criticize an idiot coach like mcdummy as he was making 350 thousand dollars per year in a very public job.

i didn't even slam this new guy. i just said he wasn't good enough for the acc. which would include the majority of the sun belt players. most players in the acc were not down to unc and western and decided at the last minute....awwww what the hell....imma be a tar heel.

we have to get the tweeners or really focus on getting great guards and hoping for a txfer like you guys got with dendy last year.

we have people on our board that openly criticize current players and it's a free country and all and you can do that. people say the players shouldn't read the board and though that may be true any kid is gonna do it.

just a personal choice of mine.

i like our txfer from uconn....bradley. but he hasn't done anything in college hoops yet. we're taking a shot on a kid because jim calhoun saw him big east capable when he recruited him. ray thinks he can help and right now i'm on the ray train. unless he goes mcdummy on me he has my full support.

To judge any player by his minutes per game, and especially a freshman is using narrow search. I do not know who he was playing behind? Was it a couple of all ACC guys? Maybe all ACC second team guys. His points per game meaningless. His shooting percentage and freee throw percentage even skewed due to lack of minutes.

Indeed he may be a bust at any level, but to say he could not play for an ACC team is just silly. He did play for an ACC team and since you do not know who on his team he was competing with for time you do not know what he might have done in his career. You do know that he was not a strong enough freshman to take the job.
06-06-2012 06:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.