Special Teams

I Root For: ULM, Tulane
ULM Sent to Baton Rouge Regional
Not too surprising

#1 LSU
#4 ULM

#2 Oregon St.
#3 Belmont

LSU is the #7 seed overall in the entire tournament.
05-28-2012 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
RE: ULM Sent to Baton Rouge Regional
With all the conference talk how down Belt baseball was this year got over looked
05-28-2012 11:30 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Yikes that is a very difficult draw for ULM.
05-28-2012 11:53 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(05-28-2012 11:53 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Yikes that is a very difficult draw for ULM.

Agreed. LSU A&M is always tough at home. Go Hawks! Rep the SBC!
05-28-2012 02:16 PM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
Well we figured we would have a tough draw. I was betting either LSU or Baylor regional. Either one would be tough. We did play Baylor twice this year, losing 5-7 and 7-8 so hopefully that bodes well. It is baseball and who knows what happens. Silver lining is that LSU is 5-5 in their last games and the Warhawks have played some thrillers and should have confidence. To quote Annie Savoy from Bull Durham...."hit 'em where they ain't"
05-28-2012 02:54 PM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

LSU's advantage is Alex Box Stadium. Like Tiger Stadium it has its own atmosphere and large crowds in purple and gold. It's a tenth man on the field for the Tigers.

We played overall #4 seed Baylor in two close games so #7 seed LSU is not going to put much, if any, fear into our team. We'll just go play 'em and whatever happens, happens.
05-28-2012 03:46 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Kick some tigger tail!!!
05-28-2012 06:53 PM
featherhead Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ulm
(05-28-2012 03:46 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  LSU's advantage is Alex Box Stadium. Like Tiger Stadium it has its own atmosphere and large crowds in purple and gold. It's a tenth man on the field for the Tigers.

We played overall #4 seed Baylor in two close games so #7 seed LSU is not going to put much, if any, fear into our team. We'll just go play 'em and whatever happens, happens.

We also have a fairly good record this year against other occ opponents having beaten Tennessee twice, Tulane twice, Memphis twice and Southern Mississippi once. In the case of Tennessee, we took two of three in a weekend series and in the case of Southern Miss. we took one of two games we played against them (one in Monroe and the other in Hattiesburg). I don't know exactly what the out-of-conference wins mean (we also had some losses ex. Nichols State and Northwestern), but it might mean something for the team's confidence in addition to our performance against good Sun Belt competition late in the season.

--featherhead
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2012 07:17 PM by featherhead.)
05-28-2012 07:14 PM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
It feels dirty to say this...but beat the kitties ULM.
05-29-2012 08:29 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
GL Warhawks in your regional.

To paraphrase:

"Help us Obi Wan ULM, you're our only hope."
05-29-2012 08:40 AM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-29-2012 08:29 AM)cajunhawk Wrote:  It feels dirty to say this...but beat the kitties ULM.

Cajunhawk. How many showers did you take after typing that?! 03-lmfao

Thanks and hopefully we will do some good. God I hate LSU!! 04-cheers
05-29-2012 08:56 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(05-29-2012 08:56 AM)InjunJohn Wrote:  
(05-29-2012 08:29 AM)cajunhawk Wrote:  It feels dirty to say this...but beat the kitties ULM.

Some of your fans might have a hard time deciding who to root for. A very large percentage of them in Bowling Green were sporting ULM gear with an LSU Football hat, or a ULM hat with an LSU shirt.

Of course you guys werent the only one. One of the parents of one of the South Alabama players had an Alabama National Championship hat that apparently had been autographed by Nick Saban that he seemed really proud of.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2012 10:48 AM by chiefsfan.)
05-29-2012 10:47 AM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Troy
(05-29-2012 10:47 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Some of your fans might have a hard time deciding who to root for. A very large percentage of them in Bowling Green were sporting ULM gear with an LSU Football hat, or a ULM hat with an LSU shirt.

Of course you guys werent the only one. One of the parents of one of the South Alabama players had an Alabama National Championship hat that apparently had been autographed by Nick Saban that he seemed really proud of.

This is so embarrassing. It happens w/ TROY fans as well. I am sure it happens at every school in the SBC.
05-29-2012 10:58 AM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-29-2012 10:47 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Some of your fans might have a hard time deciding who to root for. A very large percentage of them in Bowling Green were sporting ULM gear with an LSU Football hat, or a ULM hat with an LSU shirt.

Oh most of the schools in Louisiana suffer from this problem which is why a lot of us are almost militant in our hatred for LSU. I don't cheer for anything having to do with LSU and I give anyone who purports to be a ULM fan a ration of 01-rivals if I seen them wearing that purple and gold crap.
05-29-2012 11:07 AM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns

Too many to count...felt like I was in "The Crying Game" and just saw the chick's dong. Make the Sun Belt proud.
05-29-2012 11:47 AM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana

Well I have a slightly different take on it. I had three sons, two went to LSU and one to UL. Both my LSU sons supported UL at the New Orleans Bowl wearing UL gear. They were a little ticked off at a UL fan wearing Bama gear. Sometimes they ask me to attend a Tiger game with them in Baton Rouge, and I will go because I love my sons, and I will wear a purple shirt on those days, not an LSU shirt.

Never wear LSU gear though, and never would even consider wearing LSU gear at anything having UL involved, or another SBC school. No doubt if I were in Baton Rouge, I would find some type of ULM gear to support them.
05-29-2012 01:03 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(05-29-2012 01:03 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  

Well I have a slightly different take on it. I had three sons, two went to LSU and one to UL. Both my LSU sons supported UL at the New Orleans Bowl wearing UL gear. They were a little ticked off at a UL fan wearing Bama gear. Sometimes they ask me to attend a Tiger game with them in Baton Rouge, and I will go because I love my sons, and I will wear a purple shirt on those days, not an LSU shirt.

Never wear LSU gear though, and never would even consider wearing LSU gear at anything having UL involved, or another SBC school. No doubt if I were in Baton Rouge, I would find some type of ULM gear to support them.

Every SBC school has this problem. I really dont care for Arkansas, but most of my family is a diehard razorback fan. I get free tickets fairly often, so I will occasionally attend their games, but I always wear an ASU shirt when I do so and I then decide from there who to cheer for.

It irks me to no end when I see an ASU fan wearing razorback gear. No ones saying you have to hate them, but dont wear their gear to our games...
05-29-2012 01:31 PM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

It wouldn't bother me at all to see someone in Cajun gear at the ULM-LSU game or in another similar situation. I would view that as someone who is supporting a team who's a member of the same conference that their own team is from. I'd be very cool with that.
05-29-2012 02:00 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(05-29-2012 02:00 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  

It wouldn't bother me at all to see someone in Cajun gear at the ULM-LSU game or in another similar situation. I would view that as someone who is supporting a team who's a member of the same conference that their own team is from. I'd be very cool with that.

Never would do that, not going to represent UL at an LSU function unless the Cajuns are involved. I would support ULM with some of their gear. Otherwise it could be viewed as my being there for an undetermined purpose. No, no it would be ULM or nothing for me. Just saying.
05-29-2012 03:58 PM
featherhead Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ulm

What you saw is embarrassing, but not surprising. Even as a grad of both ULM and LSU, maroon always comes way ahead of purple for me. I will admit that being called "tiger bait" at ULM/LSU games by idiots who have never spent an hour in a class at LSU or anywhere else does irk me a bit. Difficult as it may be, what's important is for all of us to win as many games as possible against these "flagship" institutions so that our fan bases don't have to be confused about where their loyalties should lie. It will take time.

--featherhead
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2012 05:23 PM by featherhead.)
05-29-2012 05:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.