Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FIRE BILLY GODWIN!
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
FIRE BILLY GODWIN!
The players have quit on him and he's producing mediocre results. Get an up and comer who knows how to manage a game and his coaching staff
05-26-2012 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

RE: FIRE BILLY GODWIN!
(05-26-2012 09:19 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  The players have quit on him and he's producing mediocre results. Get an up and comer who knows how to manage a game and his coaching staff

Never really been one to beat the drum of firing a coach but I must say I do not see BG getting our program where we want to be.

Not trying say I told you so but I said it just a couple of years after BG was hired....He is the worst kind of coach to have. He wins just enough to make it hard to justify firing him but is just not good enough to sustain or elevate the program.

When you hire a coach you actually want to to be homerun or a absolute dud so the program does not flounder for years waiting for something special to happen.

Sadly I see a similar trend coming about with ECU football as well...
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2012 10:25 AM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
05-26-2012 10:24 AM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

(05-26-2012 10:24 AM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  
(05-26-2012 09:19 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  The players have quit on him and he's producing mediocre results. Get an up and comer who knows how to manage a game and his coaching staff

Never really been one to beat the drum of firing a coach but I must say I do not see BG getting our program where we want to be.

Not trying say I told you so but I said it just a couple of years after BG was hired....He is the worst kind of coach to have. He wins just enough to make it hard to justify firing him but is just not good enough to sustain or elevate the program.

When you hire a coach you actually want to to be homerun or a absolute dud so the program does not flounder for years waiting for something special to happen.

Only difference there is that ECU boosters will not allow that in football. I think Ruff is walking a fine line here, and if he doesn't produce this season, he may be out. But he's doing such a great job recruiting... it's tough.
05-26-2012 10:27 AM
Yes I Am A Pirate Offline
200 years too late

I Root For: East Carolina
He's had his chance and then some. Bye.
05-26-2012 10:27 AM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

We forget that he's a baseball coach. What does a new guy do that he hasn't? Is it just a motivation thing?
05-26-2012 10:32 AM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(05-26-2012 10:27 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  
(05-26-2012 10:24 AM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  

Only difference there is that ECU boosters will not allow that in football. I think Ruff is walking a fine line here, and if he doesn't produce this season, he may be out. But he's doing such a great job recruiting... it's tough.

You are probably right..Hopefully Coach Ruff turns the corner this year. These decisions are never easy unless someone is John Thompson bad.

With all that said I do believe it is time for a change in leadership of our Baseball Program. I know who I would love to have but sadly I think ECU may have burned that bridge several years ago.
05-26-2012 10:35 AM
Advertisement

ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising

[Image: 6066499.jpeg]

BRING ECU ALUM, VINCE MCMAHAN, IN TO DO IT.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2012 10:39 AM by ECUPirated.)
05-26-2012 10:36 AM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(05-26-2012 10:32 AM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  We forget that he's a baseball coach. What does a new guy do that he hasn't? Is it just a motivation thing?

I guess people are lookin for a more consistent program that can compete and wins against the best in the country like we have in the past. In my opinion ECU is one of those jobs that even a bad coach can have moderate success but with the right coach we can be a consistent Top 15 program and contend for a berth in the CWS.
05-26-2012 10:37 AM
Yes I Am A Pirate Offline
200 years too late

I Root For: East Carolina
(05-26-2012 10:37 AM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  
(05-26-2012 10:32 AM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  We forget that he's a baseball coach. What does a new guy do that he hasn't? Is it just a motivation thing?

I guess people are lookin for a more consistent program that can compete and wins against the best in the country like we have in the past. In my opinion ECU is one of those jobs that even a bad coach can have moderate success but with the right coach we can be a consistent Top 15 program and contend for a berth in the CWS.

Yep. We have great facilities and a dedicated fanbase plus a good recruiting area. BG just can't get over the hump, it's been what, 7 or 8 years? We need a new skipper.
05-26-2012 10:39 AM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

How does someone judge a good baseball coach for us. They ALL do the same things.
05-26-2012 10:46 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(05-26-2012 10:39 AM)Yes I Am A Pirate Wrote:  

Yep. We have great facilities and a dedicated fanbase plus a good recruiting area. BG just can't get over the hump, it's been what, 7 or 8 years? We need a new skipper.

Believe its his 7th season....as ECU has a CUSA record of 92-74 in CUSA Conf play (regular season) under him.
05-26-2012 10:47 AM
Advertisement

mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU

how about we make a trade. you can have ours if we can have yours... 04-deal
St. Patrick Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:

ECU has everything in place to be that kind of program.
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

We should be like Rice. Hosting almost every year, in the battle for a national seed, making Super Regionals, legit chance at CWS, ect
05-26-2012 10:58 AM
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

Earlier this season, we were the beneficiary of alot of 1 run victories. As the season progressed, we found ourselves on the losing side of alot of 1 run losses. I listened on the radio, kept updated on gametracker or went to the games, so I think I can say with a degree of certainty that BG got outcoached/outmanaged in those latter games. What is unacceptable is to play teams like UCF, RICE, UNC, NCSTATE, etc. tight and having a chance to win and/or actually winning, but getting whupped by teams that we're expected to beat. It's not a matter of simply losing, but losing baaaaddd. We were especially bad in midweek games. Why? I have no clue. Players can put to much pressure on themselves and BG has mentioned that many times after losses in the last part of the season, but I haven't heard or read him say one time, "maybe its the coaches". "Maybe we're not managing the game right". I see an entire team basically in a month long slump, but it's relatively the same lineup each game. I mentioned in another post on the ECU board, that maybe BG could have switched up the lineup. Put the number #6 guy hitting leadoff for example. Try anything. Game after game, it's been the same schtick. In the end, you can't get rid of the players...........so who's left?
05-26-2012 11:16 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
The change will be made. This is a top 30 job in the country. We will get who we need.
05-26-2012 11:21 AM
Advertisement

ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I just checked out Warrennolan.com.

Team in danger - Clemson 33-25 with 16-19 record against teams in Top 50 and a #5 SOS and RPI #22

ECU 34-22 - RPI 29. SOS #23 and 7-10 against Top 50

Who deserves a regional?
05-26-2012 11:22 AM
Stephen Igoe Offline
1st String

I Root For: .
(05-26-2012 11:22 AM)ECUPirated Wrote:  I just checked out Warrennolan.com.

Team in danger - Clemson 33-25 with 16-19 record against teams in Top 50 and a #5 SOS and RPI #22

Who deserves a regional?

Probably Clemson. They have a weekend series win against FSU and are 3-1 against the No. 1 Seminoles overall. They also took a series from Miami.

The only ECU series win over a tournament team is Stony Brook.
05-26-2012 11:26 AM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

Clemson's SOS is inflated by the ACC other then that pretty even.

Therefore Clemson gets in because they play in the ACC
05-26-2012 11:26 AM
St. Patrick Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(05-26-2012 11:22 AM)ECUPirated Wrote:  I just checked out Warrennolan.com.

Who deserves a regional?

I can assure you that Clemson is safe. I think that ECU and their resume will be compared to some of the MVC teams or even some SLC teams for the final bids. I think that ECU must win today. 0-3 doesn't look good and a loss might drop their rpi into the 30's.
05-26-2012 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.