Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tim Brando and Tony Barnhart say C-USA & MWC will have just as much power as the BE
Bookmark and Share
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
Tim Brando and Tony Barnhart say C-USA & MWC will have just as much power as the BE
On the Tim Brando show today Tim had Tony Barnhart on and asked him if he thinks C-USA and the MWC will have just as much power as the new Big East. Tony said yes becuase when you look at the teams left in C-USA and the MWC he doesn't see anyway the two leagues won't have just as much power and say as the Big East when you look at who will be playing football in that league. Tim Brando agreed and said he thinks Boise State and SDSU will never play a down in the Big East when all is said and done.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 04:22 PM by Bleeds_Purple.)
05-14-2012 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Tim Brando and Tony Barnhart say C-USA & MWC will have just as much power as the BE
This thread will be fun.
05-14-2012 04:25 PM
coogrfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
RE: Tim Brando and Tony Barnhart say C-USA & MWC will have just as much power as the BE
Well, that settles that.
05-14-2012 04:27 PM
BMcKitchup Offline
Banned

I Root For: CUSA
Zero = Zero = Zero. CUSA, the MWC and the BE will all have zero power. I am not sure that any has any power now, except the BE gets to send a 7-5 team to a BCS game and embarrass the entire system in doing so.
05-14-2012 04:32 PM
herdfan2013 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
(05-14-2012 04:32 PM)BMcKitchup Wrote:  Zero = Zero = Zero. CUSA, the MWC and the BE will all have zero power. I am not sure that any has any power now, except the BE gets to send a 7-5 team to a BCS game and embarrass the entire system in doing so.

This.
05-14-2012 04:35 PM
Yes I Am A Pirate Offline
200 years too late

I Root For: East Carolina
(05-14-2012 04:25 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  This thread will be fun.

[Image: tCp90.gif]
05-14-2012 04:41 PM
Advertisement

PureGold Offline
1st String

(05-14-2012 04:32 PM)BMcKitchup Wrote:  Zero = Zero = Zero. CUSA, the MWC and the BE will all have zero power. I am not sure that any has any power now, except the BE gets to send a 7-5 team to a BCS game and embarrass the entire system in doing so.
End the thread.
05-14-2012 04:43 PM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
CUSA vs MWC vs Big East is just a match to see who is the tallest midget. Until all conferences have an equal distribution of power, that's how it will be.
[Image: i-have-a-feeling-midget-fight-demotivati...831479.jpg]
05-14-2012 04:46 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(05-14-2012 04:46 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  CUSA vs MWC vs Big East is just a match to see who is the tallest midget. Until all conferences have an equal distribution of power, that's how it will be.
[Image: i-have-a-feeling-midget-fight-demotivati...831479.jpg]

Well CUSA certainly did not move up this round but I think any non Kool Aid drinking fan knows that the Big East has officially joined the ranks of biggest midget battle. They will be ahead on points based on their TV contract but seasoned midgets like CUSA and MWC know how to deal the new Big Least some knock out blows.
05-14-2012 04:57 PM
PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina

Yup.

And wherever the ACC falls, it will will be better than BEv3/CUSA/MWC.

Which begs the question (maybe). Could the BEST of BE/CUSA/MWC be just as competitive as the ACC in one conference, like the ramblings a few months back?
05-14-2012 05:00 PM
UCF-ENG Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
The nBE is essentially the best of the best from the old CUSA and MWC. The MWC and CUSA just backfilled with a bunch of start-up programs, further increasing the disparity. Yet the three are somehow on the same level!?!?

LMAO... This thread needs a reality check.
05-14-2012 05:04 PM
Advertisement

EdisonDoyle Offline
1st String

I Root For: AAC
They're basically correct. The BE plays better ball than we do right now, but has no inherent advantages. They'll get a better TV deal, but nothing like the $10 Mill minimum per/per they're trying to sell to putative members.
It would be a different story if they had that AQ status that they enjoyed for a decade plus, but now they actually have to market themselves on their merits.

I don't know if Boise or SDS will play ball there or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't. Just don't see the money differential warranting it.

And that's not to say that C-USA teams wouldn't leave for the BE if invited. Hopefully, we have a large buyout to stop that. But if we don't, they probably would leave because of the competition...or fear of competition if that team stays and others leave.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 05:10 PM by EdisonDoyle.)
05-14-2012 05:08 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(05-14-2012 05:04 PM)UCF-ENG Wrote:  The nBE is essentially the best of the best from the old CUSA and MWC. The MWC and CUSA just backfilled with a bunch of start-up programs, further increasing the disparity. Yet the three are somehow on the same level!?!?

The best of the best from the old CUSA? 03-lmfao

SMU....I mean really. Has never won the conference in anything. Terrible in basketball. Decent at best in football. Don't even field a baseball team.

UCF....one of the better football programs despite a bad year last year. Annual underachievers in basketball. Can't beat us in anything. Baseball was not good until this year.

Houston....one of the better football programs, but hasn't won conference since 2006. Bad at basketball. Bad at baseball.
05-14-2012 05:11 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

Just be thankful you reside in large markets, fans of defectors. That is your only saving grace.
05-14-2012 05:12 PM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

The Big East football members should break away from the basketball schools assuming Lousville is gone that would give them 12 members for football. Then add the top 6 schools from C-USA and the MWC. That would be ECU, USM. Tulsa from C-USA and Air Force, Fresno State, Colorado State from the MWC. Form two 9 team divisions and become the first super conference. Beat the SEC and the rest to the punch. This would give the league a CLEAR advantage over C-USA MWC and the rest of the lesser leagues plus ensure they keep Boise State. But the Big East doing something smart? NAH!
05-14-2012 05:16 PM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

(05-14-2012 05:04 PM)UCF-ENG Wrote:  The nBE is essentially the best of the best from the old CUSA and MWC. The MWC and CUSA just backfilled with a bunch of start-up programs, further increasing the disparity. Yet the three are somehow on the same level!?!?

Really?? Check your record vs ECU and Southern Miss.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 05:28 PM by Bleeds_Purple.)
05-14-2012 05:26 PM
Advertisement

BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

Well.....

Since 2005:

C-USA Football Championships:

Schools leaving: 3
Schools staying: 4

yep. The best of the best.
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(05-14-2012 05:24 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  
(05-14-2012 05:11 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  

The best of the best from the old CUSA? 03-lmfao

SMU....I mean really. Has never won the conference in anything. Terrible in basketball. Decent at best in football. Don't even field a baseball team.

UCF....one of the better football programs despite a bad year last year. Annual underachievers in basketball. Can't beat us in anything. Baseball was not good until this year.

Houston....one of the better football programs, but hasn't won conference since 2006. Bad at basketball. Bad at baseball.

Don't forget Memphis. 05-stirthepot

Too easy.
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA

It's truly mind-blowing how many nBE fans (and CUSA fans) can't wrap their minds around this. The new BCS will treat the nBE exactly the same as MWC and CUSA because..........

YOU AREN'T PART OF THE OLD MONEY BIG REVENUE GENERATING PROGRAMS!!!! This country club is made up of Pac12, Big10, Big12, SEC and yes...even the ACC. It doesn't matter who (if anyone) the ACC loses, they'll just raid the **** out of the Big East taking anybody they want and they'll still be looked at as superior to the elites that control this crap.

That's all this amounts to and anybody that thinks the BCS PAYOUTS has anything to do with who's stronger on the field is an idiot. It has absolutely ZERO to do with earning it on the field. The ACC, nBE, MWC and CUSA will each have a small window to get into the playoff but only one will receive an equal payout to the real "Big 4". Does the BCS give a **** that the ACC sucks ass in BCS bowls??? HELL NO, because they've got more fans, more money and more political pull than the nBE, MWC and CUSA does combined probably. 03-banghead

Once again, just another pissing match because you don't get it.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 05:32 PM by blunderbuss.)
05-14-2012 05:30 PM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

UCF, Houston, SMU vs ECU, Southern Miss, Tulsa? Memphis was a basketball thing I don't even count them.
05-14-2012 05:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.