Liberty University Makes FBS Intentions Official
Bookmark and Share
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Neil Young
Liberty University Makes FBS Intentions Official
http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?P...ewsID=9058

Jerry Falwell, Jr., - Liberty University Chancellor and President
"Competing at the highest levels of collegiate competition has been the vision for Liberty University since its founding in 1971. It is exciting to watch the fulfillment of that dream taking shape as Liberty now has the financial resources, facilities, academic support and athletics professionals necessary to move forward."

Jeff Barber - Liberty University Director of Athletics
"The announcement of our intentions to move to FBS football is a giant step toward realizing the University's goal of becoming a major institution. There has always been great commitment from our University to our NCAA Division I athletics programs and everything we have done has been with intent and purpose. Our University and athletics program have gone through tremendous transformation during the past five years and because of this, we are ready for FBS football."

Bill Carr, Principal of Carr Sports Consulting, LLC.
"Liberty has made giant strides in every phase of their athletics program and especially in football. They are the best prepared for FBS advancement of all universities for whom we have conducted similar studies over the past 21 years. We believe that their exemplary level of funding for athletics, the strength of their football coaching staff and the exceptional quality of their support facilities demonstrate the university's unquestioned commitment to excellence. Liberty is definitely on the move!"
05-12-2012 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: Liberty University Makes FBS Intentions Official
All these IAA programs wanting to go IA and no conference to go to.
05-12-2012 12:24 PM
lmckay92 Offline
Straight cash, homie.

I Root For: Marshall
Isn't that school bankrupt? I seriously thought I had heard something about that. I know their biology degrees are pretty valuable.
05-12-2012 12:24 PM
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

Haha you might be thinking of Liberty University circa....1992.

Assets approaching 1 billion with 500 million cash on hand. Our athletics budget is bigger than some current CUSA schools.
05-12-2012 12:25 PM
cyc46 Offline
Eagle for Life!

I Root For: Southern Miss
Not exactly a school I Would want in conference.
05-12-2012 12:26 PM
Yes I Am A Pirate Offline
200 years too late

I Root For: East Carolina
(05-12-2012 12:24 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  Isn't that school bankrupt? I seriously thought I had heard something about that. I know their biology degrees are pretty valuable.

[Image: 6b0bcorigiseewhatyoudid.jpg]
05-12-2012 12:27 PM
Advertisement

Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

FYI our baseball team went 2-1 against the Thundering Herd this year.
cyc46 Offline
Eagle for Life!

Yeah you rich and led by a racist bigot and a lot of other names I would throw out.
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
Holly crap Charlotte ODU Liberty App State Ga State and Ga Southern all have or either want to go FBS!
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2012 12:30 PM by Bleeds_Purple.)
05-12-2012 12:28 PM
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

Also our current AD did a lot of good stuff for ECU... so be careful how many cheap shots you take.

Jeff Barber -

Barber got his start in collegiate athletic administration at his alma mater as the Assistant Director of East Carolina’s Pirate Club in 1987. While serving four years with the Pirates, Barber participated in the receipt of annual giving of $4 million to the Pirate Club, while organizing and managing Pirate Club actions and Pirate Pro-Am fundraisers.

Before joining the staff at East Carolina, Barber served three years in major and minor league baseball as he was the Assistant General Manager of the Columbia Mets in Columbia, S.C. (1985-86) and Director of Operations for the Montreal Expos Spring Training Camp in West Palm Beach, Fla. (1986-87).

After graduating from East Carolina, Barber served as a health and physical education teacher in Columbia, S.C. for four years (1981-85), while coaching football and basketball.

Barber graduated *** laude at East Carolina in 1981 with a bachelor of science degree in health, physical education and recreation. In 1997, he continued his education with a degree from the Sports Management Institute, graduating as class spokesman
05-12-2012 12:29 PM
200 years too late

(05-12-2012 12:25 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  Haha you might be thinking of Liberty University circa....1992.

Assets approaching 1 billion with 500 million cash on hand. Our athletics budget is bigger than some current CUSA schools.

Wikipedia is never wrong. (link)

Endowment just over 50 million.
Advertisement

cyc46 Offline
Eagle for Life!

(05-12-2012 12:27 PM)Yes I Am A Pirate Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 12:24 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  Isn't that school bankrupt? I seriously thought I had heard something about that. I know their biology degrees are pretty valuable.

[Image: 6b0bcorigiseewhatyoudid.jpg]

You'd be amazed at their science museum on campus.
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

(05-12-2012 12:27 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  FYI our baseball team went 2-1 against the Thundering Herd this year.

Not anything to brag about. I have said for years that Marshall should drop baseball.
05-12-2012 12:30 PM
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

Pirate - don't confuse endowment with total assets or cash. Check Liberty University 990's, as any educated person would to see real, legitimate financial information.
05-12-2012 12:32 PM
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

(05-12-2012 12:30 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 12:27 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  FYI our baseball team went 2-1 against the Thundering Herd this year.

Not anything to brag about. I have said for years that Marshall should drop baseball.

2nd year swimming program takes down Marshall at Marshall, without the aid of diving

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?P...&TeamID=16

If I keep checking our website I am sure I could find some other scores.
05-12-2012 12:34 PM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
(05-12-2012 12:29 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  Also our current AD did a lot of good stuff for ECU... so be careful how many cheap shots you take.

Jeff Barber -

Barber got his start in collegiate athletic administration at his alma mater as the Assistant Director of East Carolina’s Pirate Club in 1987. While serving four years with the Pirates, Barber participated in the receipt of annual giving of $4 million to the Pirate Club, while organizing and managing Pirate Club actions and Pirate Pro-Am fundraisers.

Before joining the staff at East Carolina, Barber served three years in major and minor league baseball as he was the Assistant General Manager of the Columbia Mets in Columbia, S.C. (1985-86) and Director of Operations for the Montreal Expos Spring Training Camp in West Palm Beach, Fla. (1986-87).

After graduating from East Carolina, Barber served as a health and physical education teacher in Columbia, S.C. for four years (1981-85), while coaching football and basketball.

Barber graduated *** laude at East Carolina in 1981 with a bachelor of science degree in health, physical education and recreation. In 1997, he continued his education with a degree from the Sports Management Institute, graduating as class spokesman
No Jeff Barber is a good guy and will one day be AD at ECU.
05-12-2012 12:35 PM
Advertisement

mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU

cool, glad you care more about a non revenue sport than we do...
05-12-2012 12:35 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
eww... no need of this on the CUSA board.... the day we share a conference with Liberty is the day I decide the leave the car on with the garage door closed
05-12-2012 12:36 PM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
(05-12-2012 12:34 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 12:30 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  

2nd year swimming program takes down Marshall at Marshall, without the aid of diving

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?P...&TeamID=16

If I keep checking our website I am sure I could find some other scores.

wow... swimming COGS
05-12-2012 12:37 PM
200 years too late

(05-12-2012 12:32 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  Pirate - don't confuse endowment with total assets or cash. Check Liberty University 990's, as any educated person would to see real, legitimate financial information.

I stand (somewhat) corrected. While y'all have over $800+ million coming in, you also have over $200 million going out. Assets are around $600 million, but cash on hand is only $36 million. The majority of your assets are PPE.
05-12-2012 12:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.