Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

In 2013, Boise St. and San Diego St. will play FB in....
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
In 2013, Boise St. and San Diego St. will play FB in....
....the MWC or the BE? What do you predict? Ever since my Eagles were left out of the BE (again 03-hissyfit ), I haven't paid much attention to conference re-alignments much....but w/ the firing of meatball marinotti, and the BE possibly dissolving (for reasons like teams leaving/losing AQ status etc...), what will happen to BSU and San Diego St???

I simply want your prediction. Obviously, USM (and CUSA) fans want Boise St. and SDSU to stay in the MWC. What say you?
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 08:34 PM by TTT.)
05-08-2012 08:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
RE: In 2013, Boise St. and San Diego St. will play FB in....
I will copy/paste what I wrote in the other thread:

I really find it funny people who underestimate the BE constantly. Put it this way, UCONN women today just signed a deal with SNY that paid $1.14M per year for tier-3 rights. That's right, not tier-1 or 2 but tier-3 women's basketball game thats not part of the BE TV package. Do you honestly think FB schools can't get $7M+ on Tier-1 or 2 rights?

Also, Boise's exit fee to pull out is now $5M not $1M. The fine print where it said it AQ is gone for all the conferences, exit fee is $5M per school. When Navy agreed to join, it got raised to $10M per school. Yeah I can see Boise going back to MWC for their $2M per year media deal while paying BE $10M in exit fee.
05-08-2012 08:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
I can see this is going to go over well.
05-08-2012 08:40 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
The people CBS Sportsline Brett McMurphy speaks to @ Boise State & San Diego State say they are committed to the BIG EAST due to the pending Media deal will blow away anything the MWC or even a combined effort with C-USA can offer.

The move really wasn't about AQ according to McMurphy when speaking to people actually involved @ those two schools...it is all about the TV $$$$…not say'n juz say'n.
05-08-2012 09:17 PM
Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: WVU; Marshall
(05-08-2012 08:39 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  I will copy/paste what I wrote in the other thread:

I really find it funny people who underestimate the BE constantly. Put it this way, UCONN women today just signed a deal with SNY that paid $1.14M per year for tier-3 rights. That's right, not tier-1 or 2 but tier-3 women's basketball game thats not part of the BE TV package. Do you honestly think FB schools can't get $7M+ on Tier-1 or 2 rights?

Also, Boise's exit fee to pull out is now $5M not $1M. The fine print where it said it AQ is gone for all the conferences, exit fee is $5M per school. When Navy agreed to join, it got raised to $10M per school. Yeah I can see Boise going back to MWC for their $2M per year media deal while paying BE $10M in exit fee.

people in the northeast care about UConn women's basketball

Not sure why it's such a surprise that SNY would pay that much

even if attendance is slumping at home games, they still get more people than the vast majority of women's games and probably a lot of men's
05-08-2012 09:18 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
... Big 12, in the same division with Florida State, Clemson, and Notre Dame.
05-08-2012 09:40 PM
Advertisement

Jassbale Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
(05-08-2012 09:40 PM)Wedge Wrote:  ... Big 12, in the same division with Florida State, Clemson, and Notre Dame.

Wrong. My inside guy says it's the NFC West or bust.
05-08-2012 09:43 PM
Owls_Law Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Temple
Ivy League 03-drunk
05-08-2012 09:44 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
Big Sky
05-08-2012 10:19 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
What's so far fetched about FSU/Clemson/Notre Dame in the Big12??? (ok, maybe not notre dame...)

Back to the thread subject......so if all the football schools leave the BE simultaneously....who do they pay their exit fee's to? The basketball schools??
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 10:30 PM by TTT.)
05-08-2012 10:29 PM
PureGold Offline
1st String

that smurf field and Qualcomm Stadium. 04-cheers
05-09-2012 07:46 AM
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(05-08-2012 09:17 PM)Maize Wrote:  The people CBS Sportsline Brett McMurphy speaks to @ Boise State & San Diego State say they are committed

They should be committed.

(05-08-2012 09:17 PM)Maize Wrote:  pending Media deal will blow

Yes it will.

Forgive me if I misinterpreted any of that. I'm just a redneck from the middle of nowhere. If some fat man with a degree from the fourth best school in Providence, RI told you otherwise, then maybe he's right.
05-09-2012 08:28 AM
Mothership Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tailgating!
Big East
05-09-2012 08:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
The Big East - the firing of Meatball, all but guaranteed a proactive league that is going aggressively after the open market of the television world with all five players at the table - it's a position from the BE we haven't seen before. It appears they've wised up and are moving forward.

Big East Basketball schools make more money than any of the basketball only conferences, thanks to the television deals associated with being in a football conference. The football schools get kickback revenues from the strength of the basketball schools and are part of a conference already making more than any of the lower leagues on an expiring seven year deal - that is guaranteed to increase significantly. WHY, would either side want to give that up? You get a Commish that is neutral, that is media savvy, and who's goal is to pitch the Big East and you potentially have a winning combo for the members involved.
05-09-2012 11:52 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(05-09-2012 07:46 AM)PureGold Wrote:  that smurf field and Qualcomm Stadium. 04-cheers

Winner. 04-cheers
05-09-2012 12:03 PM
TommyC2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: BC Eagles
I understand that Boise and SD State will likely stay in the Big East because the TV revenue they will get from the NNBE will be more than what they could get in a revamped Mountain West.

My question is this: Now that the whole AQ system is gone it seems that the Big East does not need Boise's impressive computer profile to add to the BCS qualification procedure. Do you think the Big East still wants Boise State and SD State to join?

Seriously, it is unlikely that Boise can maintain a consistent top 10 national profile indefinitely. San Diego St is not a top 50 Football team. In years that Boise State loses 3 games or more, the Big East is going to be left with 2 far flung mediocre football teams that provide nothing to the conference other than frequent flyer miles.

I honestly wonder if they had it to do over again, would the Big East invite Boise and SD State? It seems to me like another example of mismangement on the part of the Big East. Boise State and San Diego St could not have less in common with the core members of the Big East; yet the conference goes out of its way to make two completely illogical additions to the conference about 6 months before the entire system of college football changes in such a way as to defeat the entire purpose of the additions. Classic Big East.
05-09-2012 12:39 PM
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(05-09-2012 12:39 PM)TommyC2 Wrote:  I understand that Boise and SD State will likely stay in the Big East because the TV revenue they will get from the NNBE will be more than what they could get in a revamped Mountain West.

My question is this: Now that the whole AQ system is gone it seems that the Big East does not need Boise's impressive computer profile to add to the BCS qualification procedure. Do you think the Big East still wants Boise State and SD State to join?

Seriously, it is unlikely that Boise can maintai

n a consistent top 10 national profile indefinitely. San Diego St is not a top 50 Football team. In years that Boise State loses 3 games or more, the Big East is going to be left with 2 far flung mediocre football teams that provide nothing to the conference other than frequent flyer miles.

I honestly wonder if they had it to do over again, would the Big East invite Boise and SD State? It seems to me like another example of mismangement on the part of the Big East. Boise State and San Diego St could not have less in common with the core members of the Big East; yet the conference goes out of its way to make two completely illogical additions to the conference about 6 months before the entire system of college football changes in such a way as to defeat the entire purpose of the additions. Classic Big East.
Adding BSU was a stopgap. They were supposed to be a bargaining chip at the BCS negotiations. So yes, I do think there is now a lot of remorse on both sides.

SDSU was an inexplicable choice when announced and I don't understand it now, either. SDSU is a good school and a decent football team but how they e ded up in the Big East is a mysteru, like fractions are to Memphis grads.
05-09-2012 01:10 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
(05-09-2012 12:39 PM)TommyC2 Wrote:  I understand that Boise and SD State will likely stay in the Big East because the TV revenue they will get from the NNBE will be more than what they could get in a revamped Mountain West.

Seriously, it is unlikely that Boise can maintain a consistent top 10 national profile indefinitely. San Diego St is not a top 50 Football team. In years that Boise State loses 3 games or more, the Big East is going to be left with 2 far flung mediocre football teams that provide nothing to the conference other than frequent flyer miles.

The term "AQ" might be leaving, but the sentiment will not be, and will likely be replaced with the term "contractual tie-in". Boise and SDSU are still wanted and needed by the BE to try to boost their football profile enough to get a contractual tie-in to one of the BCS bowls, new or otherwise. The BE also needs them to help boost the potential viewership and scope for their new TV deal. The BE stands to get much more in TV money with those two than without, and if they add #14 out west, it will be even better.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 02:50 PM by CommuterBob.)
05-09-2012 02:50 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

I Root For: Boise State
I don't think it matters anymore. The Big East will get left out just like the C-USA and MWC will. So it does not matter. They big 5 can do what they want and that is pretty apparent. That will not stop Boise and Houston from kicking their asses up and down the field when they play us.
I want in the Big 12 but it won't happen. Big East or MWC? Doesn't really matter to me In football I would rather be in the Big East but in basketball I like the MWC. Can't have tit both ways so I want the Big 12. I like high expectations I guess.
05-09-2012 03:11 PM
LSUtah Offline
1st String

I Root For: LSU
....football stadiums! Tell me I'm wrong!
05-09-2012 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.