Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CBS Miami--FSU and the BIG XII?
buckaineer Offline
Banned

I Root For: WV Mountaineers
CBS Miami--FSU and the BIG XII?
excerpt:

TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami) – The wheels of conference realignment may not be finished spinning. Rumors continue to percolate to the top that the Big XII may have its eyes on a very big prize, the Florida State Seminoles...

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/08/fsu...e-big-xii/
05-08-2012 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

curtis0620 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt
RE: CBS Miami--FSU and the BIG XII?
(05-08-2012 02:05 PM)buckaineer Wrote:  excerpt:

TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami) – The wheels of conference realignment may not be finished spinning. Rumors continue to percolate to the top that the Big XII may have its eyes on a very big prize, the Florida State Seminoles...

03-puke
05-08-2012 02:17 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
04-cheers
05-08-2012 02:22 PM
EERSFAN Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU

Someone needs to tell them WVU fans made all of this up.
05-08-2012 02:23 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
If there's any truth to this I wish the B12 would pull the damn trigger already. It's getting ridiculous at this point. Reminds me of this.
[Image: 220px-Brainthatwouldntdie.jpg].....
05-08-2012 02:26 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
Look another thread that brings nothing new to the table.
05-08-2012 02:27 PM
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
(05-08-2012 02:27 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Look another thread that brings nothing new to the table.

That's uncalled for. Its a new news piece. You're right in the sense it could have gone in one of the other 16,000 threads on this.
05-08-2012 02:29 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Somebody please make it stop. It's like Groundhog Day. Keep repeating the same rumor over and over with the same result.
CJ
05-08-2012 02:32 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
Conference realignment news is not broken by local broadcast TV news stations - they only report what gets viewers, which is typically salacious rumors and only bits and pieces of real information. Big deal that the CBS affiliate in Miami is picking up on a rumor. The CBS affiliate in Orlando had UCF in the Big East in 2009.
05-08-2012 02:38 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Neinas has said there would be no further expansion while he was on the job. Cease all Big XII speculation until June 15. :)
05-08-2012 02:40 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(05-08-2012 02:32 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Somebody please make it stop. It's like Groundhog Day. Keep repeating the same rumor over and over with the same result.
Sorry, CJ. You're doomed to suffer this over and over until you get it right... 03-nerner
05-08-2012 04:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina

WAIT just a minute.
Louisville and Florida State? What happened to FSU and Clempson?
05-08-2012 05:19 PM
fsugrad99 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FSU
Frankly, I'd give The Dude (when we're not laughing at him/her/shim) more credibility than this
05-08-2012 05:23 PM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
(05-08-2012 05:19 PM)XLance Wrote:  

WAIT just a minute.
Louisville and Florida State? W
What happened to FSU and Clempson?

FSU and Louisville make a lot more sense when you think about it. Clemson isn't in a major media market like Louisville and does not bridge the conference together.

The ramifications would likely be the ACC to 14/15 with Notre Dame parking there in non football sports. Uconn, Rutgers, Cincinnati to the ACC. BE adds Army and upgrades Nova in football. Xavier and Butler added to the basketball side.

I don't see much opportunity here for CUSA schools to upgrade unless the western frontier returns to the MWC.
05-08-2012 05:30 PM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I would agree, i don't really see why the big 12 and clemson would want each other...other than the big 12 using clemson as bait to get other school's. THe big 12 really only needs FSU to rebrand itself, all other school's don't really matter. I think jumping to 12 with Lville and FSU would be enough (lville trumps clemson). Adding one of BYU or Tulane makes sense if jumping to 14 since either of those school's could be paired with the 4 texas and 2 ok school's for a division. As for the other division, ku, ksu, isu, lville, wvu and FSU....it really doesn't matter who team 14 is, could be cincy, miami or clemson. Or how about this, the big 12 adds cincy, lville, rutgers, FSU and byu for full membership with the combo of sd state (football only + ND no football)

A: texas, texas tech, tcu, baylor, OU, OK state, sd state/nd combo, BYU

B: Ku, ksu, isu, cincy, FSU, lville ,WVU, Rutgers

Thus, the big 12 would hit texas, FL, CA, OH, and NY/NJ...don't see it happening
05-08-2012 06:06 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(05-08-2012 06:06 PM)bluesox Wrote:  I would agree, i don't really see why the big 12 and clemson would want each other...other than the big 12 using clemson as bait to get other school's. THe big 12 really only needs FSU to rebrand itself, all other school's don't really matter. I think jumping to 12 with Lville and FSU would be enough (lville trumps clemson). Adding one of BYU or Tulane makes sense if jumping to 14 since either of those school's could be paired with the 4 texas and 2 ok school's for a division. As for the other division, ku, ksu, isu, lville, wvu and FSU....it really doesn't matter who team 14 is, could be cincy, miami or clemson. Or how about this, the big 12 adds cincy, lville, rutgers, FSU and byu for full membership with the combo of sd state (football only + ND no football)

Thus, the big 12 would hit texas, FL, CA, OH, and NY/NJ...don't see it happening

I would agree with the posters suggesting that there is little difference between UL and Clemson from the perspective of the B12. FSU, though, is a big fish. This new article, though, reads like pure speculation.
05-08-2012 06:42 PM
Advertisement

Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
It is disturbing how limited so many people are. This conversation proves it.
05-08-2012 06:57 PM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I don't really believe any acc would jump to the big 12 but its fun speculation. I actually think any combo of FSU or Miami would be enough for the big 12 to rebrand itself if it could pull an ACC school

A: Texas, texas tech, tcu, baylor, OU, Ok state, BYU

B: KU, kSu, ISU, Cincy, Lville, WVU, team X

team x is Miami or FSU. Option B could be team X is ND, than find a football only school like sd state to pair with ND. Option C might be just add cincy + Lville for full membership with maybe byu and sd state as football only invites. My guess is the big 12 jumps to 12 with Lville and BYU, rutgers or cincy within a year.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 07:55 PM by bluesox.)
05-08-2012 07:53 PM
TyBull Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF / GA Tech
Ok i got it....

L'Ville & FSU to the Big 12

then

USF to the ACC...... Excellent.....

Not holding my breath
05-08-2012 08:50 PM
Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: WVU; Marshall
(05-08-2012 06:42 PM)orangefan Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 06:06 PM)bluesox Wrote:  I would agree, i don't really see why the big 12 and clemson would want each other...other than the big 12 using clemson as bait to get other school's. THe big 12 really only needs FSU to rebrand itself, all other school's don't really matter. I think jumping to 12 with Lville and FSU would be enough (lville trumps clemson). Adding one of BYU or Tulane makes sense if jumping to 14 since either of those school's could be paired with the 4 texas and 2 ok school's for a division. As for the other division, ku, ksu, isu, lville, wvu and FSU....it really doesn't matter who team 14 is, could be cincy, miami or clemson. Or how about this, the big 12 adds cincy, lville, rutgers, FSU and byu for full membership with the combo of sd state (football only + ND no football)

I would agree with the posters suggesting that there is little difference between UL and Clemson from the perspective of the B12. FSU, though, is a big fish. This new article, though, reads like pure speculation.

little difference?

there's a huge difference between Clemson and Louisville

Clemson is a respected football school and Louisville isn't
05-08-2012 09:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.