Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What should the SBC do expansion wise?
Stick at 10 football 12 basketball
Add Appalachian State and Georgia Southern
Add New Mexico State and 1 of App State/Ga Southern
Add NMSU and Idaho
Add Liberty and 1 other team.
[Show Results]

The Great SunBeltBBS Who should we add poll
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
The Great SunBeltBBS Who should we add poll
Because Im curious to see what the overall opinion is.

2 Assumptions

1. Texas Arlington will be officially announced this week.

2. Missouri State is off the table because of their administrations non interest
05-06-2012 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: The Great SunBeltBBS Who should we add poll
I probably left a couple expansion options off. Im going on the hunch that the only candidates are the ones that we have heard rumors about.
05-06-2012 11:55 AM
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
Not listed option-

Add NMSU and both App. State and Ga. Southern
05-06-2012 12:20 PM
BankerCajun Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UL
Code:
[quote='bluephi1914' pid='7858857' dateline='1336324813']
Not listed option-

Add NMSU and both App. State and Ga. Southern
[/quote]

I would add all three.
05-06-2012 12:26 PM
WestEndRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
Has Furman ever been mentioned in any of these realignment discussions? From what I can remember, they always seem to be a very competitive FCS team and would give us a team in South Carolina, which would still fit the Sun Belt's southern geographical footprint. I'm sure somebody will shoot this down, with reasons of why they would be a bad addition, but just from the top of my head (admittedly, not giving it too much thought), do they at least sound like a reasonable option?
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 12:57 PM by WestEndRaider.)
05-06-2012 12:55 PM
ULCajunRagin Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: LOUISIANA CAJUN
Appalachian State and Georgia Southern is a NO BRAINER. This is all about football and these two programs make Sun Belt football better. Adding New Mexico State to a southwest Sun Belt Division is also a good move. That gives the conference a second charter member of 1-A (BCS)football, New Mexico State along with Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. Also something special about watching the Cajuns play at 2' below sea level "The Swamp" and once every four years at 3,333' in Boone North Carolina.
05-06-2012 12:57 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
SoCon 2.0: The Rising
05-06-2012 04:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
(05-06-2012 12:55 PM)WestEndRaider Wrote:  Has Furman ever been mentioned in any of these realignment discussions? From what I can remember, they always seem to be a very competitive FCS team and would give us a team in South Carolina, which would still fit the Sun Belt's southern geographical footprint. I'm sure somebody will shoot this down, with reasons of why they would be a bad addition, but just from the top of my head (admittedly, not giving it too much thought), do they at least sound like a reasonable option?

The problem I see with Furman is that they're a private school. Typically (on-campus and traditional students only count IMO), these schools have lower enrollments, fewer alumni, and less support by those in their communities. Its well within the footprint and is a good school. I question its commonality with our other universities though.
05-06-2012 04:58 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(05-06-2012 12:55 PM)WestEndRaider Wrote:  Has Furman ever been mentioned in any of these realignment discussions? From what I can remember, they always seem to be a very competitive FCS team and would give us a team in South Carolina, which would still fit the Sun Belt's southern geographical footprint. I'm sure somebody will shoot this down, with reasons of why they would be a bad addition, but just from the top of my head (admittedly, not giving it too much thought), do they at least sound like a reasonable option?

Furman, Elon, Wofford, Samford will never move up to IA. There is only 2 schools that could move up tomorrow and thats Montana and Appy. Others such as G. Southern, Montana State, Deleware, James Madison could move up but it would take them a few years to get up to speed.
05-06-2012 05:12 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama

I really hope that by the time the SBC (or whatever Benson changes the name to) "gets down" to needing Furman, South Alabama is in another conference.
05-06-2012 06:07 PM
Saint3333 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
A lot of hate coming App's way from the newest Belt member. Why does every other Belt fan base approve except for the newbie?
05-06-2012 08:48 PM
Advertisement

stAtecamera13 Offline
Beltbbs stAte Football INsider

I Root For: Arkansas State
(05-06-2012 08:48 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  A lot of hate coming App's way from the newest Belt member. Why does every other Belt fan base approve except for the newbie?

i think the hate is directed at southern.
05-06-2012 08:58 PM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia State
(05-06-2012 08:48 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  A lot of hate coming App's way from the newest Belt member. Why does every other Belt fan base approve except for the newbie?

I think App State will make a great new member of the Sun Belt. A little proven on the field mixed with the market adds seems like a big plus.

Southern, however, even says in their feasibility study that they are not ready for FBS. With a 40% increase in their budget they will be able to make the jump but will still be significantly lower than current Sun Belt members.
05-06-2012 09:01 PM
GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

(05-06-2012 09:01 PM)Tuscon Wrote:  

I think App State will make a great new member of the Sun Belt. A little proven on the field mixed with the market adds seems like a big plus.

Southern, however, even says in their feasibility study that they are not ready for FBS. With a 40% increase in their budget they will be able to make the jump but will still be significantly lower than current Sun Belt members.

Yeah...I'm liking the idea of App too.

Would like to see the SBC finish up with App, UTA, and NMSU.
05-06-2012 09:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

Its more shock than hate. I dont think we got to savor a full 72 hours before swamp thing (Southern) reared their heads. At this point I am pretty numb and would not be surprised if NMSU ends up out and GaSo ponzi schemes their way in. I have a feeling we're going to lose our MBB coach.
05-06-2012 09:10 PM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

(05-06-2012 09:10 PM)panama Wrote:  Its more shock than hate. I dont think we got to savor a full 72 hours before swamp thing (Southern) reared their heads. At this point I am pretty numb and would not be surprised if NMSU ends up out and GaSo ponzi schemes their way in. I have a feeling we're going to lose our MBB coach.

Not with the way the CAA is looking. If VCU and Georgia Mason leave, and UTA joins the belt, he'll look at this move as a move to a conference with a lot of upside. UTA, WKU, MT, NMSU... us. This could turn into a pretty good basketball league.
05-06-2012 09:12 PM
Advertisement

GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

(05-06-2012 09:10 PM)panama Wrote:  Its more shock than hate. I dont think we got to savor a full 72 hours before swamp thing (Southern) reared their heads. At this point I am pretty numb and would not be surprised if NMSU ends up out and GaSo ponzi schemes their way in. I have a feeling we're going to lose our MBB coach.

Wha...? Huh? Are you saying if GaSo joins Hunter might leave? Why?
05-06-2012 09:20 PM
Hammer 22 Offline
Special Teams

I wouldn't mind having App State in the conference. They are a quality school academically and they are in a state that the SBC is not in right now. I also mentioned NMSU as being a good thing for the SBC and everyone was against it. But, those two schools would be good for the Sun Belt.
05-06-2012 09:26 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(05-06-2012 09:20 PM)GaStPanthers Wrote:  

Wha...? Huh? Are you saying if GaSo joins Hunter might leave? Why?

No no, not specifically because of them in particular. But the guy came to coach in the CAA. The last couple of times I have heard him interviewed it sounded like he was trying to convince himself that he's ok with conference move. We need desperately to improve our conference RPI. UTA and NMSU do that. I could see a scenario down the road once his son is a Sr where he is made an offer and if certain things do not change he finds that offer enticing.
05-06-2012 09:35 PM
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Neil Young
I think everyone here is greatly underestimating Liberty University and what we would bring to a conference like the Sun Belt.
05-06-2012 10:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.