Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More Imaginary Racism
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
More Imaginary Racism
Since we've learned from the wingnuts during the Trayvon Martin tragedy that racism is mostly an illusion of victimhood in the minds of blacks and liberals, I guess it's illustrative to see in black and white exactly what kind of pervasive racism still exists in some segments of the population.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/0...nt-page-1/
04-27-2012 07:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
RE: More Imaginary Racism
Troll much?
04-27-2012 07:54 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(04-27-2012 07:53 AM)wvucrazed Wrote:  Since we've learned from the wingnuts during the Trayvon Martin tragedy that racism is mostly an illusion of victimhood in the minds of blacks and liberals, I guess it's illustrative to see in black and white exactly what kind of pervasive racism still exists in some segments of the population.

Unleashing n word barrage on twitter - bad.
Accusing Zimmerman of being a racist - equally bad.
04-27-2012 08:15 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Wow, imagine that, racists in Boston, Mass.
04-27-2012 11:35 AM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

(04-27-2012 11:35 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  Wow, imagine that, racists in Boston, Mass.

Not surprising, is it? They are everywhere. In Florida, too.
04-27-2012 11:45 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(04-27-2012 11:45 AM)wvucrazed Wrote:  
(04-27-2012 11:35 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  Wow, imagine that, racists in Boston, Mass.

[Image: 220px-Robert_Byrd_official_portrait.jpg]
04-27-2012 01:52 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(04-27-2012 07:53 AM)wvucrazed Wrote:  Since we've learned from the wingnuts during the Trayvon Martin tragedy that racism is mostly an illusion of victimhood in the minds of blacks and liberals, I guess it's illustrative to see in black and white exactly what kind of pervasive racism still exists in some segments of the population.

Indeed. And lest anyone is under the illustion that the ability to shout racial slurs is limited to those of Caucasian descent: an example from pro baseball.

Regarding the tweets... this is a situation where a real racist act has occurred, and should be rightfully called out. Those thumbnail photos of those tweeters should be held up publicly.

That said, I don't think people believe "that racism is mostly an illusion of victimhood in the minds of blacks and liberals." Rather, there have been cases upon cases where a person or group of people is called 'raaacist!' without a shred of evidence, and as a means to kill a discussion, put the opponent immediately on defense, and obtain some supposed moral upper hand (often used in conjunction with its cousin Godwin's Law, where the Hitler/Nazi reference has been exploited beyond recognition since the invention of the interwebz). Groan-worthy race cards like this perpetuate the problem and cloud instances of real racism - like the hockey tweets.

On a side note, it's telling that even those with twitter accounts, photos and real last names are posting that. Pretty brazen. I see that kind of mindless filth polluting anonymous youtube pages and other comment sections. Also pretty telling that, if those photos are of those tweeting, that it's primarily late teens-twentysomethings. So much for being more enlightened than the "old school" Archie Bunker boomer types.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012 03:18 PM by Motown Bronco.)
04-27-2012 03:09 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

I agree. But the stereotype exists that such brazen outpouring of ugly racism is only found south of the Mason-Dixon line, far from a New England city surrounded by Ivy academia.

EDIT: A comment from the blacksportsonline site: "I also grew up in Boston. I love the Bean, but that city by far is one of the most racially divided cities in America. Still have areas that I as a black man would never dare walk into." Something to consider when a message board thread erupts about the 'racist, redneck south.'
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012 03:45 PM by Motown Bronco.)
04-27-2012 03:16 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Not surprising, is it?

Not to me, Mass is heavily Democratic. There's where you'll find racism
04-27-2012 07:35 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
The funny part to me is that dropping the N-bomb is racist but operating a website called "blacksportsonline.com" is not....03-melodramatic
04-28-2012 10:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(04-28-2012 10:16 AM)blah Wrote:  The funny part to me is that dropping the N-bomb is racist but operating a website called "blacksportsonline.com" is not....03-melodramatic
http://whitesportsonline.com/
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 10:45 AM by RobertN.)
04-28-2012 10:44 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(04-28-2012 10:16 AM)blah Wrote:  The funny part to me is that dropping the N-bomb is racist but operating a website called "blacksportsonline.com" is not....03-melodramatic

Good point.

Of course wvu's "racism" consists of sports fans insulting their opponents on the internet. Oh the travesty of it all 03-melodramatic
04-28-2012 11:05 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-28-2012 11:05 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Good point.

Of course wvu's "racism" consists of sports fans insulting their opponents on the internet. Oh the travesty of it all 03-melodramatic
http://moronsonline.com/
04-28-2012 12:02 PM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

(04-27-2012 03:09 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

Indeed. And lest anyone is under the illustion that the ability to shout racial slurs is limited to those of Caucasian descent: an example from pro baseball.

Regarding the tweets... this is a situation where a real racist act has occurred, and should be rightfully called out. Those thumbnail photos of those tweeters should be held up publicly.

That said, I don't think people believe "that racism is mostly an illusion of victimhood in the minds of blacks and liberals." Rather, there have been cases upon cases where a person or group of people is called 'raaacist!' without a shred of evidence, and as a means to kill a discussion, put the opponent immediately on defense, and obtain some supposed moral upper hand (often used in conjunction with its cousin Godwin's Law, where the Hitler/Nazi reference has been exploited beyond recognition since the invention of the interwebz). Groan-worthy race cards like this perpetuate the problem and cloud instances of real racism - like the hockey tweets.

On a side note, it's telling that even those with twitter accounts, photos and real last names are posting that. Pretty brazen. I see that kind of mindless filth polluting anonymous youtube pages and other comment sections. Also pretty telling that, if those photos are of those tweeting, that it's primarily late teens-twentysomethings. So much for being more enlightened than the "old school" Archie Bunker boomer types.

I do think there are accusations of racism that are unfounded, of course. But this knee-jerk reaction in the other direction that any suspicion of racism is to be discounted is obviously incorrect. Remember the strawman argument of many Obama opponents: "Well obviously we get called RACIST when we disagree with his policies!". That is untrue and a convenient little bit of false outrage that hides true racist tendencies. It's already been conclusively shown that the Tea Party has a racism problem, for example. And racial profiling (like the case of Trayvon Martin) is by definition racism.

It's still a huge problem in this country - that's the bottom line. Is every action against a minority a case of racism? Of course not. But folks who think that it barely exists anymore need to listen more to what folks who have to deal with it on a regular basis have to say about it; and they've all tuned out to the outrage over the Trayvon Martin case, and articles like Jonathan Capeheart's, and refuse to hear what these people are saying about their real experiences. Why is that? Some are racist themselves; some fear that the racism of others on their political side will ultimately damage their cause.

It hasn't been that long since segregation. To think that racism isn't still widespread is just stupid and naive.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 12:46 PM by wvucrazed.)
04-28-2012 12:15 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(04-28-2012 12:02 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

Good point.

When did you get a website? And did you have to panhandle to get the money to buy the url?
04-28-2012 02:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-28-2012 02:01 PM)blah Wrote:  
(04-28-2012 12:02 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

Good point.

When did you get a website? And did you have to panhandle to get the money to buy the url?
Not really sure but it seems like it is a domain that is owned by GoDaddy.com and might be available for buying. I was just letting our resident moron Torchy the link so he can buy it.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 03:41 PM by RobertN.)
04-28-2012 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.