RE: Horton to transfer?
Not surprising in my mind.
04-13-2012 01:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: campbell
(04-13-2012 01:26 PM)Statman101 Wrote:  Not surprising in my mind.

this is a surprise to me! why would this not be a surprise,he seemed to be a big part of our plan!
04-14-2012 08:12 PM
campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

(04-14-2012 08:12 PM)campbellbulldog Wrote:  

this is a surprise to me! why would this not be a surprise,he seemed to be a big part of our plan!

i was counting on his outside shooting next year! maybe one of the newcomers will fill that roll.
04-15-2012 06:57 AM
camels7778 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Campbell
I thought he might transfer. His playing time was spotty last year and seemed to decrease throughout the year as Lorne got healthier. I also think that he was probably being recruited over.
04-15-2012 12:43 PM
campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

(04-15-2012 12:43 PM)camels7778 Wrote:  I thought he might transfer. His playing time was spotty last year and seemed to decrease throughout the year as Lorne got healthier. I also think that he was probably being recruited over.

you may be right about that. some talent is coming in this class
04-15-2012 01:26 PM
Advertisement

Statman101 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: N/A
No offense to Anthony but he brought one thing to the floor and even then sometimes that was spotty. I figured he would transfer for a number of reasons. The biggest being with transfers sitting out his playing time wasn't going to increase. He can only score facing up and was a liability on both the defensive and rebounding side of things.

I wish him luck, but he was in over his head. If you want to see how good the young man truly is, keep an eye on what level of basketball he ends up playing with a redshirt year in hand (Meaning he could still play two years of DI ball if anyone wants him).
04-16-2012 10:09 AM
toley2345 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-15-2012 06:57 AM)campbellbulldog Wrote:  
(04-14-2012 08:12 PM)campbellbulldog Wrote:  

i was counting on his outside shooting next year! maybe one of the newcomers will fill that roll.

Any word on the upcoming recruiting class so far we only have two commits.
04-18-2012 08:55 PM
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

The biggest addition will be Darius Leonard who had to sit out last season. He could be a big time player at CU.

After that you have three seniors leaving and now Anthony Horton. So the team has signed two (Jordan Faciane out of GA and DJ Mason from NC). So that leaves two schollys by my count. We'll see but between Coach Laing and his staff I think we might see a JUCO addition or two. The Camels have had very good success with JUCO Talent over the last seven years or so.
04-19-2012 09:30 AM
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

(04-15-2012 12:43 PM)camels7778 Wrote:  I thought he might transfer. His playing time was spotty last year and seemed to decrease throughout the year as Lorne got healthier. I also think that he was probably being recruited over.

Here is the reason he left...

http://www.vcuramnation.com/2009/09/reco...ooses-vcu/

Someone is coming home to NC!
04-21-2012 11:36 AM
OrangeCamel Offline

Thanks for the link, Statman!

So, McCarter was recruited in HS by 4 ACC schools, chose VCU, didn't see much playing time in Shaka Smart's system and now is coming to Campbell?

Sounds like even more athleticism. Assume he'll have to sit-out a year and will have two years remaining?
04-22-2012 04:21 PM
Advertisement

Statman101 Offline
2nd String

(04-22-2012 04:21 PM)OrangeCamel Wrote:  Thanks for the link, Statman!

So, McCarter was recruited in HS by 4 ACC schools, chose VCU, didn't see much playing time in Shaka Smart's system and now is coming to Campbell?

Sounds like even more athleticism. Assume he'll have to sit-out a year and will have two years remaining?

Depending on the reason for the transfer, they could appeal the NCAA for immediate eligibility. Regardless he still has a redshirt so he will have 3 to play.
04-22-2012 05:07 PM
campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

(04-22-2012 05:07 PM)Statman101 Wrote:  
(04-22-2012 04:21 PM)OrangeCamel Wrote:  Thanks for the link, Statman!

Depending on the reason for the transfer, they could appeal the NCAA for immediate eligibility. Regardless he still has a redshirt so he will have 3 to play.

mcarter along with trey and darius leonard will make us as athletic as anyone in big south. now we got to learn how to finish out a year! our recruiting is awsome for our level aat this time. coaches say pay no attention to espn rankings for our two freshmen coming in, they say they can flat out play and are good kids! they are excited! hopefully they are right. go camels!
04-22-2012 06:40 PM
campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

mcarter along with darius leonard and trey make us as athletic as anyone in bigsouth! two recruits coming in next year are better than espn rankings the coaches say. they are excited and say they can flat out play and are good kids! horton had no where to play for us. we are set up over next couple of years to be more talented than ever before. guys will be stronger next year and will be able to finish the year out! i am very excited for our programs! baseball is better than ever ,soccer is solid,football is young but we have night ball now,basketball may be at its best now and all other programs are very comp.in the big south. we do have to finish our baseball stadium and football stadium over next couple of years! lets go camels!!!
04-22-2012 06:46 PM
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

(04-22-2012 06:46 PM)campbellbulldog Wrote:  mcarter along with darius leonard and trey make us as athletic as anyone in bigsouth! two recruits coming in next year are better than espn rankings the coaches say. they are excited and say they can flat out play and are good kids! horton had no where to play for us. we are set up over next couple of years to be more talented than ever before. guys will be stronger next year and will be able to finish the year out! i am very excited for our programs! baseball is better than ever ,soccer is solid,football is young but we have night ball now,basketball may be at its best now and all other programs are very comp.in the big south. we do have to finish our baseball stadium and football stadium over next couple of years! lets go camels!!!

Don't forget Darren White. 48' vertical probably makes him the most athletic out of the group.
04-23-2012 08:45 AM
toley2345 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-23-2012 08:45 AM)Statman101 Wrote:  
(04-22-2012 06:46 PM)campbellbulldog Wrote:  mcarter along with darius leonard and trey make us as athletic as anyone in bigsouth! two recruits coming in next year are better than espn rankings the coaches say. they are excited and say they can flat out play and are good kids! horton had no where to play for us. we are set up over next couple of years to be more talented than ever before. guys will be stronger next year and will be able to finish the year out! i am very excited for our programs! baseball is better than ever ,soccer is solid,football is young but we have night ball now,basketball may be at its best now and all other programs are very comp.in the big south. we do have to finish our baseball stadium and football stadium over next couple of years! lets go camels!!!

Don't forget Darren White. 48' vertical probably makes him the most athletic out of the group.

Do we know for sure he is going to play this year? That would be a fun team to watch anyone know of any other transfers coming in next year? I also keep hearing the Darius Leonard has a great all around game I wish I could see some highlights on him.
04-23-2012 03:26 PM
Advertisement

Statman101 Offline
2nd String

(04-23-2012 03:26 PM)toley2345 Wrote:  
(04-23-2012 08:45 AM)Statman101 Wrote:  

Do we know for sure he is going to play this year? That would be a fun team to watch anyone know of any other transfers coming in next year? I also keep hearing the Darius Leonard has a great all around game I wish I could see some highlights on him.

We won't know for certain till ruled on by the NCAA. I would figure he (McCarter) would be the only Division 1 transfer. You might see some more JUCO's. I think they have a couple more to give.
04-24-2012 10:03 AM
toley2345 Offline
Bench Warmer

McCarter looks Good!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ4MSPgwYBg.

I hope we get a guy that can help us on the boards this year. I think if we can become a better rebounding team and stop turning the ball over, we got a chance to go to the tournament. What do you guys think?
04-25-2012 03:32 PM
camelsinthecreek Offline
Water Engineer

[/quote]
Do we know for sure he (Reco McCarter) is going to play this year?
[/quote]

According to http://www.gocamels.com, McCarter will be eligible to play immediately.

In addition, to losing Horton, Rico Ferguson is listed as a starter who in not returning at:

http://www.gocamels.com/sports/mbkb/mbb_quickfacts.pdf
06-17-2012 01:54 PM
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

Do we know for sure he (Reco McCarter) is going to play this year?
[/quote]

According to http://www.gocamels.com, McCarter will be eligible to play immediately.

In addition, to losing Horton, Rico Ferguson is listed as a starter who in not returning at:

http://www.gocamels.com/sports/mbkb/mbb_quickfacts.pdf

[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed he had been added a few weeks back to CBS's list of transfers. I think Rico much like Horton realized the writing on the wall with McCarter getting eligible immediately.

From my understand, Darien Hooker can flat out play and will push Freeman to be better at the point (which is a good thing). He also can shoot which will be needed.

This team will be long, lean, athletic and very explosive. I personally like it.
06-19-2012 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.