Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I have a message for FIU and UNT!!!!!
Bookmark and Share
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
I have a message for FIU and UNT!!!!!
FIU and UNT can leave the Belt, but know this! ASU, WKU, ULL, and Troy can still kick your but all over a football field. We will still be the better teams. Also when USA and GSU start recruiting FBS players they will become stronger than both FIU and UNT. It will be fun watching ECU and USM slaughter you on Saturdays. Maybe one day we'll meet in a bowl game but I doubt either of you will be in one any time soon.
04-12-2012 08:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
RE: I have a message for FIU and UNT!!!!!
From an outsiders perspective, you sound jealous.

Just calling it like I see it.
04-12-2012 08:48 AM
BMcKitchup Offline
Banned

I Root For: CUSA
(04-12-2012 08:48 AM)GaSouthern Wrote:  From an outsiders perspective, you sound jealous.

This.
04-12-2012 08:50 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(04-12-2012 08:48 AM)GaSouthern Wrote:  From an outsiders perspective, you sound jealous.

Not jealous. Just pisses me off that the Belt is just starting to gain ground and FIU and UNT are gonna jump ship to a depleted conference. They think they are the big boys now, but in reality they are still the same teams ASU, ULL, Troy and WKU can kick the crap out of on the football field. The Belt will still be strong as long as these four teams stick together. I also still see the Belt continuing its winning record against CUSA.
04-12-2012 08:55 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
All they're doing is setting their own football programs back more years. They just get a foundation with facilities and for FIU a taste of success, then bolt for what on the front end might be deemed better. For North Texas, potential instate rivalries depending on the direction things go, and for FIU, well i don't really know why they're leaving the Sun Belt yet. They would have the opportunity in the SBC to recruit Florida athletes and be at or near the top three in the league yearly. In a C-USA setting, ECU and Southern Miss will own them, Tulsa is usually pretty competitive and Marshall will get to a high level again. Not to mention UTEP always has potential, and if Paul Bryant Jr. ever dies or gets caught with an Arkansas volleyball player then the Blazers should be able to build something. I get the move and why they think they should do it, I just think their timing is wrong, setting them up for the potential to be a perennial 4-8 program.
04-12-2012 09:04 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(04-12-2012 08:55 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  

Not jealous. Just pisses me off that the Belt is just starting to gain ground and FIU and UNT are gonna jump ship to a depleted conference. They think they are the big boys now, but in reality they are still the same teams ASU, ULL, Troy and WKU can kick the crap out of on the football field. The Belt will still be strong as long as these four teams stick together. I also still see the Belt continuing its winning record against CUSA.

And you think the remaining C-USA schools don't feel the exact same way about the schools that left us each time it happened? You aren't exclusive to that feeling. That's just the way this stuff goes. The poop rolls downhill, and the chain reaction of the BE getting raided has lead to this happening. No one is happy about it.
04-12-2012 09:05 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
The move makes little sense for FIU especially since their profile is not going to be increased that much. They lose FAU as a travel partner/rival and all of sudden their nearest rival is what? UAB? SoMiss? Is ECU going to fill that many more sets in the Cage than Louisiana? Everyone has to do what they have to do but it just doesnt make much sense unless youre going to get Double or Triple the TV Money.
04-12-2012 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(04-12-2012 08:46 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  FIU and UNT can leave the Belt, but know this! ASU, WKU, ULL, and Troy can still kick your but all over a football field. We will still be the better teams. Also when USA and GSU start recruiting FBS players they will become stronger than both FIU and UNT. It will be fun watching ECU and USM slaughter you on Saturdays. Maybe one day we'll meet in a bowl game but I doubt either of you will be in one any time soon.

07-coffee3
04-12-2012 09:11 AM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT

And Arkansas State wouldn't if invited ? Get real. Each school looks after their own interest. Does Arkansas State care more about the conference than themselves ? Don't think so.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 09:14 AM by MG61.)
04-12-2012 09:13 AM
slappycajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
These guys are going for the potential to make more money. Bottom line. And that is completely ok in my book.
04-12-2012 09:16 AM
Jaggernaut Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: USA Jags

First of all, you should flatly ignore what anything Georgia Southern or any other satellite FCS posters have to say about a SBC posters' opinion is. It's really and truly irrelevant. They don't understand the differance between jealousy and frustration.
04-12-2012 09:23 AM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(04-12-2012 09:23 AM)Jaggernaut Wrote:  

First of all, you should flatly ignore what anything Georgia Southern or any other satellite FCS posters have to say about a SBC posters' opinion is. It's really and truly irrelevant. They don't understand the differance between jealousy and frustration.

Really? See this is the message board logic and hierarchy. When you're angry to the group above you it's jealousy and to you it's frustration. Don't you think the Georgia Southern and App fans aren't just feeling the same level of frustration you are feeling? When it's from someone who is perceived "beneath" you it's jealousy and butt hurt though. ECU fans are frustrated by how this is going, and the BE fans say we are just "butt hurt." So it's just a matter of where you are sitting and the perspective you have on the situation.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 09:28 AM by b0ndsj0ns.)
04-12-2012 09:27 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

ECU should come on over to the Belt and Bring USM with you. Then we would have a team in every state that the SEC does. I can see it now.

East

ECU
FAU
MTSU
GSU
WKU
LATech

WEST

ASU
ULL
ULM
USM
TROY
USA
04-12-2012 09:41 AM
laxtonto Offline
1st String

I Root For: LAX
(04-12-2012 09:04 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  All they're doing is setting their own football programs back more years. They just get a foundation with facilities and for FIU a taste of success, then bolt for what on the front end might be deemed better. For North Texas, potential instate rivalries depending on the direction things go, and for FIU, well i don't really know why they're leaving the Sun Belt yet. They would have the opportunity in the SBC to recruit Florida athletes and be at or near the top three in the league yearly. In a C-USA setting, ECU and Southern Miss will own them, Tulsa is usually pretty competitive and Marshall will get to a high level again. Not to mention UTEP always has potential, and if Paul Bryant Jr. ever dies or gets caught with an Arkansas volleyball player then the Blazers should be able to build something. I get the move and why they think they should do it, I just think their timing is wrong, setting them up for the potential to be a perennial 4-8 program.

When the belt can offer teams closer than Tulsa or that are culturally similar to UNT like UTEP and Rice, let me know. The entire problem is that UNT has been the geographic outlier for a long time in the west. It might be nice to actually have multiple games on you schedule that are reasonable trips for a fanbase.

DFW to

SunBelt
ASU 467
WKU 744
ULL 428
FIU 1355
ULM 321
Troy 768
MTSU 715
FAU 1305
GSU 818

Potential Pod members
Rice 282
UTEP 637
Tulsa 271
Tulane 544
LT 290
UTSA 302

Rest of the CUSA
USM 525
Marshall 1018
ECU 1297
UAB 673

UNT fans have never complained about the travel, especially considering the close proximity that several schools are to each other at the center of the conference. But you can not fault UNT for wanting to play in a division that potentially could have 4 teams in it that are closer than the closest Sun Belt competitor. To go a step further playing Texas teams will be a huge boost for attendance. It is what it is, UNT is in Texas and histrionically when they play Texas teams you see a large spike in interest.

FIU on the other hand, I am not sure that this will not end up killing what ever momentum they have in athletics due to the travel. That potential move is harder to understand.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 09:47 AM by laxtonto.)
04-12-2012 09:45 AM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia State
(04-12-2012 09:41 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  ECU should come on over to the Belt and Bring USM with you. Then we would have a team in every state that the SEC does. I can see it now.

East

ECU
FAU
MTSU
GSU
WKU
LATech

WEST

ASU
ULL
ULM
USM
TROY
USA

That, sir, is a thing of beauty.
04-12-2012 09:46 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(04-12-2012 09:41 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  ECU should come on over to the Belt and Bring USM with you. Then we would have a team in every state that the SEC does. I can see it now.

East

ECU
FAU
MTSU
GSU
WKU
LATech

WEST

ASU
ULL
ULM
USM
TROY
USA

That's not how this works. These are the same kinds of ideas C-USA fans had when the BE got down to 5 schools. We all said they should just join us. It's not the way this stuff works. There are members of C-USA they didn't want to associate with (all small market teams) so they just took the ones they wanted. We'll do the same. It's not pretty or nice but that's the way it is. USM would rather be with UAB and Tulane than any member of the Sun Belt. ECU would rather be with Marshall and USM than any member of the Sun-Belt. Tulane would rather drop all it's sports than be in a league with ULM.
04-12-2012 09:53 AM
Advertisement

FIUFan Offline
All American

(04-12-2012 09:45 AM)laxtonto Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 09:04 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  All they're doing is setting their own football programs back more years. They just get a foundation with facilities and for FIU a taste of success, then bolt for what on the front end might be deemed better. For North Texas, potential instate rivalries depending on the direction things go, and for FIU, well i don't really know why they're leaving the Sun Belt yet. They would have the opportunity in the SBC to recruit Florida athletes and be at or near the top three in the league yearly. In a C-USA setting, ECU and Southern Miss will own them, Tulsa is usually pretty competitive and Marshall will get to a high level again. Not to mention UTEP always has potential, and if Paul Bryant Jr. ever dies or gets caught with an Arkansas volleyball player then the Blazers should be able to build something. I get the move and why they think they should do it, I just think their timing is wrong, setting them up for the potential to be a perennial 4-8 program.
When the belt can offer teams closer than Tulsa or that are culturally similar to UNT like UTEP and Rice, let me know. The entire problem is that UNT has been the geographic outlier for a long time in the west. It might be nice to actually have multiple games on you schedule that are reasonable trips for a fanbase.
UNT fans have never complained about the travel, especially considering the close proximity that several schools are to each other at the center of the conference. But you can not fault UNT for wanting to play in a division that potentially could have 4 teams in it that are closer than the closest Sun Belt competitor. To go a step further playing Texas teams will be a huge boost for attendance. It is what it is, UNT is in Texas and histrionically when they play Texas teams you see a large spike in interest.
FIU on the other hand, I am not sure that this will not end up killing what ever momentum they have in athletics due to the travel. That potential move is harder to understand.

Nobodies going to 'own' anybody. Marshall lost to UCF and beat USM. We lost to Marshall and beat UCF. Our recruiting class is getting stronger every year as the program experiences more and more success. USM, ECU and Marshall are strong, mature programs, however, we feel we are on the right track to compete with almost anybody. The rankings and indexes which rank football schools do mean something. Good FCS can compete with middle to lower non-AQ's and lower non-AQ's can make significant jumps year-over-year into the 40's and 50's range (making the Boise or TCU kind of jump is quite a bit tougher, however Bowling Green and Miami OH proved it's possible).

Also, FIU is ambivilant toward the travel aspect of either conference. We play our six home games and then we travel; whether it's 200 miles to UCF or USF, or hundreds more miles to our SBC away games. A few hundred miles either way makes no difference and has no bearing on any momentum we may or may not have.
04-12-2012 10:22 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(04-12-2012 08:46 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  FIU and UNT can leave the Belt, but know this! ASU, WKU, ULL, and Troy can still kick your but all over a football field. We will still be the better teams. Also when USA and GSU start recruiting FBS players they will become stronger than both FIU and UNT. It will be fun watching ECU and USM slaughter you on Saturdays. Maybe one day we'll meet in a bowl game but I doubt either of you will be in one any time soon.

[Image: violin.gif] [Image: sign0023.gif]

Someone's got their feelings hurt. And you are awful arrogant and cocky to be a fan of a school thats had 2 winning seasons since moving up to IA. And your 10-2 team got beat down in the bowl game by a MAC school by 18 points.

BTW I hope we take Middle Tenn. also.
04-12-2012 10:30 AM
FIU4Ever Offline

(04-12-2012 10:22 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  

Nobodies going to 'own' anybody. Marshall lost to UCF and beat USM. We lost to Marshall and beat UCF. Our recruiting class is getting stronger every year as the program experiences more and more success. USM, ECU and Marshall are strong, mature programs, however, we feel we are on the right track to compete with almost anybody. The rankings and indexes which rank football schools do mean something. Good FCS can compete with middle to lower non-AQ's and lower non-AQ's can make significant jumps year-over-year into the 40's and 50's range (making the Boise or TCU kind of jump is quite a bit tougher, however Bowling Green and Miami OH proved it's possible).

Also, FIU is ambivilant toward the travel aspect of either conference. We play our six home games and then we travel; whether it's 200 miles to UCF or USF, or hundreds more miles to our SBC away games. A few hundred miles either way makes no difference and has no bearing on any momentum we may or may not have.
+1.
04-12-2012 10:31 AM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
(04-12-2012 10:22 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  

Just don't claim superiority and that you're going to walk through the league in your first season and you'll probably do fine.
04-12-2012 10:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.