UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ark hasn't started search
uabblazer2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Ark hasn't started search
The UA AD sent this tweet just under an hour ago https://twitter.com/#!/jefflongUA/status...3591704578
04-11-2012 11:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

RE: Ark hasn't started search
(04-11-2012 11:15 PM)uabblazer2012 Wrote:  The UA AD sent this tweet just under an hour ago https://twitter.com/#!/jefflongUA/status...3591704578

Is this the same guy that hired Petrino with three games still remaining in the Falcon's season?
04-11-2012 11:24 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-11-2012 11:15 PM)uabblazer2012 Wrote:  The UA AD sent this tweet just under an hour ago https://twitter.com/#!/jefflongUA/status...3591704578

Please. You know how the game is played. He hasn't spoken to anyone. But he probably has had people speaking to people on his behalf.

Long is as big a con man as Petrino
04-11-2012 11:30 PM
BTR Offline
The Royal Order of Rooster

I Root For: UAB!!!

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardDonators
He hasn't but the lawyers and agents are finalizing the details of the contract now...
04-12-2012 06:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
(04-11-2012 11:30 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  

Please. You know how the game is played. He hasn't spoken to anyone. But he probably has had people speaking to people on his behalf.

Long is as big a con man as Petrino

THAT.
04-12-2012 07:21 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Someone is lying. McGee has been offered. The question is will he accept. Well, I guess that's not really a question.......... When should be the question.
04-12-2012 07:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I am guessing that he knows that he will leave after the spring game.
While the "deal" has not been made, no contacts been made, etc., it is probably a done deal.
He needs to man up & go ahead & leave if that is the case.
No reason for him to stay around for our spring game when he plans on walking out afterwards.

That would be worse than just leaving now.

When he does leave, tell him to be sure to watch out for ol' Paul (Petrino) cause I'm sure Paul would like the HC job as well.
04-12-2012 07:40 AM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

This sucks.
04-12-2012 07:42 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-12-2012 07:40 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I am guessing that he knows that he will leave after the spring game.
While the "deal" has not been made, no contacts been made, etc., it is probably a done deal.
No reason for him to stay around for our spring game when he plans on walking out afterwards.

When he does leave, tell him to be sure to watch out for ol' Paul (Petrino) cause I'm sure Paul would like the HC job as well.

Maybe he is coaching thru the spring game as a favor to Mackin. It makes the transition a little smoother for both Arkansas and UAB and it gives Mackin some extra time to figure out what to do before the spotlight is on him.
04-12-2012 07:44 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

A possibility, but I think it is more a deal where McGee doesn't want it to appear that he is jumping ship on the team.

Mackin already knows what he wants to do. Either Brohm or Johnson will be promoted to head coach & we will move on.

If McGee allows this to build & he leaves after the spring game, then Arkansas has trained him well.
04-12-2012 07:47 AM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

(04-12-2012 07:44 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 07:40 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I am guessing that he knows that he will leave after the spring game.

Maybe he is coaching thru the spring game as a favor to Mackin. It makes the transition a little smoother for both Arkansas and UAB and it gives Mackin some extra time to figure out what to do before the spotlight is on him.

A Favor? 03-nutkick

Thanks!

How 'bout do us a favor and stick around thru next season?
04-12-2012 07:48 AM
Advertisement

Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

(04-12-2012 07:47 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  A possibility, but I think it is more a deal where McGee doesn't want it to appear that he is jumping ship on the team.

Mackin already knows what he wants to do. Either Brohm or Johnson will be promoted to head coach & we will move on.

If McGee allows this to build & he leaves after the spring game, then PETRINO has trained him well.

FIFY
04-12-2012 07:48 AM
UAB?IAB Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB_ASDD

If that is the case then Mackin has regressed as an AD, if he knows that McGee is leaving, then Mackin should insist that he leaves immediately. Because neither McGee nor Arkansas needs to do UAB any favors, stab me in the back and then put a band-aid on it, no thanks.
04-12-2012 07:50 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

(04-12-2012 07:50 AM)UAB?IAB Wrote:  

If that is the case then Mackin has regressed as an AD, if he knows that McGee is leaving, then Mackin should insist that he leaves immediately. Because neither McGee nor Arkansas needs to do UAB any favors, stab me in the back and then put a band-aid on it, no thanks.

Exactly. Be a man McGee & make a decision one way or the other.

The team & coaches here deserve an answer.
04-12-2012 07:51 AM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

(04-12-2012 07:50 AM)UAB?IAB Wrote:  

For real!
04-12-2012 07:52 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

Most jobs want you to put in a two week Notice. I am sure Mackin and McGee have talked with all the rumors swirling. If he has informed Mackin of his decision, then it's up to Mackin to set the departure time. I just think its best for the team that he stay thru the spring game. Because the fans want this fiasco to be over as soon as possible is not a priority.
04-12-2012 07:53 AM
Advertisement

UAB?IAB Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB_ASDD
(04-12-2012 07:53 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Most jobs want you to put in a two week Notice. I am sure Mackin and McGee have talked with all the rumors swirling. If he has informed Mackin of his decision, then it's up to Mackin to set the departure time. I just think its best for the team that he stay thru the spring game. Because the fans want this fiasco to be over as soon as possible is not a priority.

I respectfully disagree, all McGee has to do is type the words "effective immediately" on his resignation letter. Having him coach through the spring game, if he is indeed leaving, is unfair to the players, the staff, the administration, and the fans.
04-12-2012 07:58 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Coaching jobs are different than regular jobs in the 2 weeks notice deal.

If it was the same, then a 2 weeks notice would be publicly announced like it would for a job like mine.

Hanging around for 2 more weeks just to fulfill obligations isn't gonna cut it.

Once again, I think Mackin would ask him to move on now so that we can move on.

UAB is in good hands with the assistant coaches.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 08:00 AM by the_blazerman.)
04-12-2012 08:00 AM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I think the new coach, assuming McGee is leaving of course, needs as much time as he can get to help the team make the transistion and get over being dumped. A lot of this game is psychological and him leaving is going to hurt all the guys who he has been asking to give 110%.
It's not about what the fans want - it is about whats best for the team.
What's he going to do here for the next week?
Plan his strategy for UA and help his wife pack house?
If he wants the job, let him take it and move on.
04-12-2012 08:01 AM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA

Again I will float the notion that perhaps Coach McGee is keeping silent as a favor to Arkansas, providing them with a smoke screen to conduct their search more privately. Perhaps Mackin is also playing along.
04-12-2012 08:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.