Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big East Main Board / Charlie Strong Thread.
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Big East Main Board / Charlie Strong Thread.
What a bunch of p-hucking morons on the main board. Believe anything they read because they saw it on the internet. The quality of that board has dropped almost as far as the quality of the programs that will soon make up this conference.

Adam Lefkoe does not work for ESPN or host an ESPN Radio program. Lefkoe works for the local ABC affiliate in Louisville, WHAS. The station that happens to be the flagship station of the Cardinal Sports Network.

Charlie's ban is directed primarily at the print media in Louisville and the NBC affiliate (that broadcasts UK football on a delayed basis in Louisville; usually 1AM Sunday morning) and the CBS affiliate.

The ban has nothing to do with Louisville's Final Four press. Charlie is pi$$ed about the nut hunging the local media did of UK during the NCAA tournament. For what it's worth the majority of Louisville fans love the fact he is sticking up for football the way big mouth Rick has been tooting the basketball horn.

Most Louisville fans know this is more symbolic than anything and it's not the first time this has happened. Coach Schnellenberger used to ban the media all the time in the 80's. There just wasn't an internet for some idiot in Orlando to comment about it.
CJ
04-10-2012 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
RE: Big East Main Board / Charlie Strong Thread.
That board was the first time I heard of it. Blew it off. Trolls are pickin' at Bones these days for anything.
04-10-2012 04:03 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(04-10-2012 04:00 PM)3rdandBlunder Wrote:  LOVED THE RACIST, CLOSED-MINDED RETARDED COMMENT BY "SUPER MODERATOR" BJUnklFkr TOO. HEY BJ, GO SCREW YOURSELF YOU PRICK!

Not that I give a damn about what 3rdandBlunder thinks, I feel the need to set the record straight with the other UL supporters.

My post was a lighthearted jab at a video clip where Strong couldn't even string together a complete sentence. I'm sure you've all seen it. I would have made fun of it if the guy was white. I commented on the way the guy talked - hardly a thing to do with race.

Anyway, if what I posted offends any other UL fan (3rdandBlunder I could care less), please let me know and I will delete it.

3rdandBlunder, you have one final warning, to stay the hell away from me. And I'll be watching your attitude towards everyone else too.
04-10-2012 04:42 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Its’ just all that love the CDOA teams had for us coming out. They need us in the Big East for it to survive as a BCS quality conference and to get a good TV contract. They are afraid of this even more, that BYU, Louisville, Rutgers and Cincinnati all go to the Big 12. Cincinnati fans fear it is only going to be Louisville and BYU. You can smell the fear from them! Rutger fans still believe the Big 10 will take them. UConn and South Florida fans feel left behind and see us in a very bad light! 04-cheers
04-10-2012 04:42 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Trying to get yourself banned is the wrong way to go bout things my friend. We had a few issues in the past but always felt you was a solid poster. Didn't exactly read what you said. Hope you stick around man.
04-10-2012 04:43 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

Too late.
04-10-2012 04:48 PM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

Changed it to a month. Card fans would do well to talk sense into the guy between now and then.
04-10-2012 05:11 PM
LaBradfordsTWill Offline
Special Teams

I've had him on ignore for a couple of months now. He got nasty with me over my pro Big East position (which is fine, but I don't have to read his comments). I don't get why some people get so bent out of shape over stuff on a message board. If one person likes the Big XII and one person likes the Big East, why would you care if they don't see things like you do? Just agree to disagree and move on or at the worst debate civilly about it.
04-10-2012 11:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Smack talks one thing but personal attacks have no place on here. Sorry it came to that.
04-11-2012 03:55 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(04-10-2012 11:57 PM)LaBradfordsTWill Wrote:  I've had him on ignore for a couple of months now. He got nasty with me over my pro Big East position (which is fine, but I don't have to read his comments). I don't get why some people get so bent out of shape over stuff on a message board. If one person likes the Big XII and one person likes the Big East, why would you care if they don't see things like you do? Just agree to disagree and move on or at the worst debate civilly about it.

Civil discord went out the window when Al Gore invented the internet. If you pay attention you can usually tell how old some one is when they post based on their attitude toward people. Dad told me a long time ago. Don't ever say anything to a man on the phone that you wouldn't say to his face. I believe that applies here as well. Half the posters here would be more cordial if they had to say what they post to some ones face. For instance they guy in the thread that called Charlie an idiot. I would pay good money to see him do that in person.
CJ
04-11-2012 04:09 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Jim, I agree that being invisible on the internet makes many bold, especially if they are drinking or tripping, also. It is quiet different when they have to look you in the eyes and say it. 07-coffee3
04-11-2012 08:00 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
IMO civil discord started it's downhill slide when dueling was outlawed. If somebody was able to take enough offense to legally kill you, you tended to think about the consequences long before you open your mouth - or send confrontational messages...
04-11-2012 08:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LaBradfordsTWill Offline
Special Teams

(04-11-2012 08:07 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  IMO civil discord started it's downhill slide when dueling was outlawed. If somebody was able to take enough offense to legally kill you, you tended to think about the consequences long before you open your mouth - or send confrontational messages...

Yeah but it would have wiped out the population in states like Kentucky and West Virginia. We look for reasons to duel.03-lmfao
04-11-2012 10:11 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Nobody would mess with those who survived... 05-mafia
04-11-2012 01:23 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(04-11-2012 10:11 AM)LaBradfordsTWill Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 08:07 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  IMO civil discord started it's downhill slide when dueling was outlawed. If somebody was able to take enough offense to legally kill you, you tended to think about the consequences long before you open your mouth - or send confrontational messages...

Yeah but it would have wiped out the population in states like Kentucky and West Virginia. We look for reasons to duel.03-lmfao

I have family in Cabell and Kanawha County West Virginia, in Johnson and Pike County Kentucky and in most counties in between.

Contrary to popular belief mountain folks are peace loving folks. I still remember my papaw bringing the hired hands in from the field everyday and feeding them like family when they were at the house plowing the tobacco base.

The reality is the folks in the hills don't have much but what they have they are willing to share. Just don't try to take it or you might end up on the business end of a shot gun.
CJ
04-11-2012 07:11 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

My maternal grandmother was born in Huntington, and I grew up near Charleston. I've got family from the Ohio Amish country through Pike County, KY, and all over WV. I know exactly where you're coming from, CJ...
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 09:17 AM by bitcruncher.)
04-12-2012 09:17 AM
Advertisement

cardshouse Offline
UofL 4 Playoff!

I Root For: UofL Cardinals
My grandfather's side of the family are from WV....Damn good people to unless you piss them off.
04-18-2012 11:11 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

It's a small world...
04-19-2012 08:24 AM
cardshouse Offline
UofL 4 Playoff!

I Root For: UofL Cardinals
Yes it is Bit....When I found out a few years ago that my relatives are from WV...I was stunned...LOL. Then they worked their way into VA then NC.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 03:53 PM by cardshouse.)
04-19-2012 03:52 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I was born in Ohio. But that situation was quickly rectified when my family moved to West Virginia when I was 3...
04-19-2012 06:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.