UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scarbo: If Bobby Petrino goes, will Arkansas come after UAB's Garrick McGee?
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Scarbo: If Bobby Petrino goes, will Arkansas come after UAB's Garrick McGee?
04-10-2012 07:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

RE: Scarbo: If Bobby Petrino goes, will Arkansas come after UAB's Garrick McGee?
We need to stop some of our threads so that Scarbinsky will have to come up with his own topics for articles.
04-10-2012 07:40 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Scarbo: If Bobby Petrino goes, will Arkansas come after UAB's Garrick McGee?
He's already got next weeks articles lined up

"Should athletes be allowed unlimited access to Twitter"

And

"who are the most likely celebrities to die in 2012"
04-10-2012 07:45 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Do you think Haase will recruit that Bob Stone guy?
04-10-2012 08:25 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Stone has a brother who is 6'-8" 265lbs.
04-10-2012 08:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

McGee is really not qualified for the SEC. He hasn't failed in the NFL yet. Furthermore, I believe he has too much integrity and class to end up in the SEC.
04-10-2012 08:50 AM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
How do you know he has integrity and class? Because he coaches at UAB?
04-10-2012 09:00 AM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2012 08:50 AM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  McGee is really not qualified for the SEC. He hasn't failed in the NFL yet. Furthermore, I believe he has too much integrity and class to end up in the SEC.

You do realize he was hired OUT of the SEC, right?
04-10-2012 09:09 AM
ICB Offline
Heisman

McGee also has to think about 2 staffs should the opportunity come available to him. Arkansas' current staff, in which he says he thinks highly of, and also the one here, which he thinks highly of. Should he go, he can't have them all, Arkansas would be looking for continuity and UAB will not be obligated to keep any of theirs past this upcoming season, and could go in a totally different direction.

I personally don't want to belabor the issue until there is an actual vacancy.
04-10-2012 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
(04-10-2012 09:00 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  How do you know he has integrity and class? Because he coaches at UAB?

I having biting my tongue, on this particular issue, during the course of this discussion over Petrino but I have to agree with MB on this one.

I know that we all WANT to give McGee the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his character AND WE SHOULD. He has given us to NO REASON to believe anything to the contrary.
BUT, let's stop putting him up on this pedestal. He does have some things from his past (like we all do) that could be considered bad judgement.
Building someone human up into this infallible image, who can do no wrong, is exactly why our public figures get the mind set that it's true.
And then we get left disappointed because our expectation doesn't match reality.

He's our coach. Let's pull for him, offer our support and encouragement and leave it at that.

At the end of the day he is human like all the rest of us and therefore has the potential to make mistakes.
04-10-2012 09:18 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I was thinking last night that if one of our previous or current head coaches in any sport did what Petrino did, would I want the program to keep this person?

I could not think of any coach that I would want to back or have them stay on as coach if they had done this.
04-10-2012 09:27 AM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

None of our previous coaches had us in the top 5 in the country. 03-lmfao
04-10-2012 09:32 AM
Southside Blazer 82 Offline
Special Teams

(04-10-2012 09:14 AM)ICB Wrote:  McGee also has to think about 2 staffs should the opportunity come available to him. Arkansas' current staff, in which he says he thinks highly of, and also the one here, which he thinks highly of. Should he go, he can't have them all, Arkansas would be looking for continuity and UAB will not be obligated to keep any of theirs past this upcoming season, and could go in a totally different direction.

Would Tyson Helton become Interim HC since he has been here the longest?
04-10-2012 09:45 AM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
(04-10-2012 09:45 AM)Southside Blazer 82 Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 09:14 AM)ICB Wrote:  McGee also has to think about 2 staffs should the opportunity come available to him. Arkansas' current staff, in which he says he thinks highly of, and also the one here, which he thinks highly of. Should he go, he can't have them all, Arkansas would be looking for continuity and UAB will not be obligated to keep any of theirs past this upcoming season, and could go in a totally different direction.

Would Tyson Helton become Interim HC since he has been here the longest?

I sure as hell hope not.
04-10-2012 09:52 AM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2012 09:27 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I was thinking last night that if one of our previous or current head coaches in any sport did what Petrino did, would I want the program to keep this person?

I could not think of any coach that I would want to back or have them stay on as coach if they had done this.

Well, considering that most of us didn't want the last coach at all, and were wanting Watson run out of town for a while, I don't think that would've been an issue.
04-10-2012 09:53 AM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(04-10-2012 09:00 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  How do you know he has integrity and class? Because he coaches at UAB?

You completely missed my sarcasm. It was meant to be a dig at the SEC.
04-10-2012 09:57 AM
Advertisement

KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(04-10-2012 09:09 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 08:50 AM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  McGee is really not qualified for the SEC. He hasn't failed in the NFL yet. Furthermore, I believe he has too much integrity and class to end up in the SEC.

You do realize he was hired OUT of the SEC, right?

Of course I do. It was sarcasm.
04-10-2012 09:59 AM
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
Is Coach McGee leaving for Ark, noone know if this is even in the works, but a plan B is what makes good AD great AD's.
Look if you are a young unproven coach and you start at thet top where do you have to go when fall, we all know the answer, down down down, now how long would it take to reach the summit again.

I believe if Ark current coach is fired, an asst, currently on the staff will take over in the interim, this way the University has time to evaluate McGee, Ark current staff and any coach on the radar who may currently be unavailable.
My guess is there are people behind the scene trying to wait until the smoke blows over to see which way the wind of firing or retaining is blowing.
Remember Petrino is to Ark, what Saban is to Alabama, Rick Pitino is to Louisville, and in the world of big time money boosters, lying to the AD and getting caught isn't like lying to the NCAA and getting caught, because the punishment affects the program differently.

Unlike Penn St, this is an individual where the victim is loyalty and trust to the family unit to the principle of character, the individual who ultimately betrayed a trust with his wife and family who are the real victim of his (Petrino's) lack of character.
The marriage, the wife and husband respect and love for eachother, the destruction of the family unit are the victims.
Razorback football program is a sideshow that is being played out in the public domain, but behind the scene a family is dealing with lost respect, loyalty and questions about love and honesty on a completely different level.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 11:38 AM by Rebounder2u.)
04-10-2012 10:31 AM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
I had a nice talk with Eli and Stan about that this morning. I'm so stoked about the upcoming season, I can't imagine Coach McGee leaving after having built up all this good will with the emerging and previously disenfranchised fan base, not to mention all the players and their families that he's visited with on the recruiting trail. His hypothetical departure will either galvanize or serve to further erode fan and team morale/confidence.

I'm thinking that Coach McGee will be an exception to the rule in relation to the trend of football coaches making sudden, unexpected transitions that has pulverized the landscape as we know it...
04-10-2012 11:00 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
It's the SEC where you throw the moral compass into the ocean. Petrino will be retained and spanked by the AD. He wins the SEC and National Championship and they will erect a statue of him riding bareback on a hog and I am not talking about a Harley.
04-10-2012 11:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.