Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New coal plants effectively outlawed?
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
New coal plants effectively outlawed?
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2012/03/...werplants/

On this trajectory we'll be a 3rd world nation in 20 years. That's not hyperbole.
03-28-2012 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
RE: New coal plants effectively outlawed?
I heard about his yesterday. Apparently the existing plants are grandfathered in and there is a 12 month exception for plants currently under construction. This will result in higher energy prices for everyone.
03-28-2012 09:45 AM
DrTorch Offline

(03-28-2012 09:45 AM)ImMoreAwesomeThanYou Wrote:  I heard about his yesterday. Apparently the existing plants are grandfathered in and there is a 12 month exception for plants currently under construction. This will result in higher energy prices for everyone.

Hardest on the elderly poor. Of course that will mean gov't should step in...
03-28-2012 09:54 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-28-2012 09:54 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(03-28-2012 09:45 AM)ImMoreAwesomeThanYou Wrote:  I heard about his yesterday. Apparently the existing plants are grandfathered in and there is a 12 month exception for plants currently under construction. This will result in higher energy prices for everyone.

Hardest on the elderly poor. Of course that will mean gov't should step in...
Can you please go "help yourself"? THat will be a good way to save on energy use.
03-28-2012 10:33 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(03-28-2012 09:40 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2012/03/...werplants/

On this trajectory we'll be a 3rd world nation in 20 years. That's not hyperbole.

When I read the story, I immediately thought rolling blackouts. Add in hyperinflation and we're a 3rd world country.
03-28-2012 06:24 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Coal is a natural resource and we have a shitload of it. This could impact a shitload of union workers and workers-to-be.
03-28-2012 07:14 PM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
It's just cap and trade through regulation instead of legislation. Congress said no and now the EPA is doing Obama's bidding.

"You know, when I was asked earlier about the issue of coal, uh, you know — Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, uh, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers."
Thats a direct quote from Obama. I guess he has kept one promise afterall.

Why does this administration keep insiting on forcing us to rely on alternative energy sources that aren't developed enough to support this country?
03-28-2012 07:33 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

How does this help us reduce our dependence on foreign anything?
03-28-2012 09:05 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(03-28-2012 09:05 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  How does this help us reduce our dependence on foreign anything?

In the administrations warped mind, higher energy prices will lead to break throughs in alternative energy that will free us from foreign oil and end the terrible global warming. Or at least thats what they want all of us to think their agenda is.
At the same time it will drive the price of all goods up, causing more individuals to end up on govt assistance and strengthen their voter base.
03-29-2012 06:39 AM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
I have two words for you "natural gas" That is all you may now resume the knuckle draggers convention
03-29-2012 12:24 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Isn't there some sort of magical green energy company where you can open an account, pay a monthly fee, and presto
everything is peachy?
03-29-2012 12:37 PM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(03-29-2012 12:37 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Isn't there some sort of magical green energy company where you can open an account, pay a monthly fee, and presto
everything is peachy?

GoreCo.
03-29-2012 12:42 PM
DrTorch Offline

(03-29-2012 12:24 PM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  I have two words for you "natural gas" That is all you may now resume the knuckle draggers convention

More lies from peanut. Seriously pathalogical he is.
03-29-2012 12:44 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(03-29-2012 12:24 PM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  I have two words for you "natural gas" That is all you may now resume the knuckle draggers convention

Sweet punctuation skills.
03-29-2012 02:01 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

Notice how the release of this coincided with the SCOTUS Health care oral arguments.
03-29-2012 09:23 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(03-29-2012 09:23 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Notice how the release of this coincided with the SCOTUS Health care oral arguments.

Kinda made this invisible, didnt it? Shrewd.
03-29-2012 10:11 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

(03-29-2012 10:11 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(03-29-2012 09:23 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Notice how the release of this coincided with the SCOTUS Health care oral arguments.

Kinda made this invisible, didnt it? Shrewd.

Obaffoon's open mike moment to the Russians became invisible as well.
03-30-2012 05:40 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(03-28-2012 07:33 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  It's just cap and trade through regulation instead of legislation. Congress said no and now the EPA is doing Obama's bidding.

Bingo. Spot on.

(03-28-2012 07:33 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  "You know, when I was asked earlier about the issue of coal, uh, you know — Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, uh, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers."

Why does this administration keep insiting on forcing us to rely on alternative energy sources that aren't developed enough to support this country?

This administration is committed ideologically to push that alternative energy issue as hard as it can. They want to damage the fossil fuel industry so badly that it will die. But even they know that alternatives are not anywhere near market ready. But their inexperience allows them to try to pick tech business winners and losers with taxpayer money and their track record is horrendous. In their stupidity, they believe that simply pouring more $$ into research will greatly speed up progress. (Kind of like duping the public into pouring more and more $$ into the failing public school systems in the belief that it would improve performance).

Part of the problem that this administration has is that there is precious little business experience in the entire administration. Most all of their policy wonks come from the crusty halls of academia and few if any have any REAL WORLD experience with business. It's all theory and they are finding out that a lot of what sounds great on paper doesn't really work in the real world.

These subsidies are also another way to "spread the wealth around" among Obama's political backers. Taxpayer $$ for all (who support me). Between their favorite crony capitalists and the unions, this administration has a campaign $$ feedback loop all set to go. In fact, it never stops, really.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 06:24 PM by MileHighBronco.)
03-30-2012 06:21 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-30-2012 06:21 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
(03-28-2012 07:33 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  It's just cap and trade through regulation instead of legislation. Congress said no and now the EPA is doing Obama's bidding.

Bingo. Spot on.

(03-28-2012 07:33 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  "You know, when I was asked earlier about the issue of coal, uh, you know — Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, uh, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers."

This administration is committed ideologically to push that alternative energy issue as hard as it can. They want to damage the fossil fuel industry so badly that it will die. But even they know that alternatives are not anywhere near market ready. But their inexperience allows them to try to pick tech business winners and losers with taxpayer money and their track record is horrendous. In their stupidity, they believe that simply pouring more $$ into research will greatly speed up progress. (Kind of like duping the public into pouring more and more $$ into the failing public school systems in the belief that it would improve performance).

Part of the problem that this administration has is that there is precious little business experience in the entire administration. Most all of their policy wonks come from the crusty halls of academia and few if any have any REAL WORLD experience with business. It's all theory and they are finding out that a lot of what sounds great on paper doesn't really work in the real world.

These subsidies are also another way to "spread the wealth around" among Obama's political backers. Taxpayer $$ for all (who support me). Between their favorite crony capitalists and the unions, this administration has a campaign $$ feedback loop all set to go. In fact, it never stops, really.
You watch way too much Fox News.
03-31-2012 01:55 AM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
(03-29-2012 12:44 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

More lies from peanut. Seriously pathalogical he is.

The TVA had a proposal on the board at their Allen Steam Plant in Memphis to improve and upgrade the 50 year old coal fired facility but have now all but scrapped that plan in favor of a new cleaner burning state of the art natural gas fired plant for roughly half the price. Natural gas is so plentiful and inexpensive now that many companies are capping wells and ceasing production.
03-31-2012 07:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.