Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

White kid set on fire by 2 black kids. Nation is silent
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Police are investigating a possible race hate attack after a 13-year-old boy was doused in gasoline and set on fire.

The teenager, who suffered first degree burns to his face and hands, is white and his two attackers black.

His mother Melissa Coon said the attackers told her son 'This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy'.

Police in Kansas City, Missouri said they are investigating the alleged assault as a possible hate crime.

Investigators said the assault took place as the teen walked home from East High School.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1q8FgNIav

I wonder why this didnt spark any nation wide protests
03-25-2012 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
RE: White kid set on fire by 2 black kids. Nation is silent
If true, the boys that set him on fire were charged or were going to be charges(didn't read the whole thing) and likely with a hate crime. Not sating it shouldn't have got attention but this is a bit different. In this case(Martin case) the man was not even charged with anything and very little was investigated by the police.

Btw, why is it that outside of the KC local media, it was only rightwing sites that posted the story?
03-25-2012 10:48 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
1. The kid wasn't killed.

2. The attackers didn't get away with it.

That is why this isn't getting as much attention.
03-25-2012 10:51 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Is the victims mother's name really Mrs. Coon or are Robert and Max just making that up?
03-25-2012 10:52 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(03-25-2012 10:51 AM)Fitbuddy Wrote:  1. The kid wasn't killed.

valid points
03-25-2012 11:00 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(03-25-2012 10:52 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Is the victims mother's name really Mrs. Coon or are Robert and Max just making that up?
I didn't make anything up. I didn't even mention the family's name and Max didn't even post in this thread so how can we be making anything up? 01-wingedeagle
03-25-2012 11:04 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(03-25-2012 11:00 AM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

valid points

I disagree. This is a brutal crime, blatant in its racism. The media make much more of stories that aren't as clear, or may not even exist (burning of black churches in the 1990s). The silence here speaks volumes.
03-25-2012 11:04 AM
rantanamo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(03-25-2012 11:04 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

valid points

I disagree. This is a brutal crime, blatant in its racism. The media make much more of stories that aren't as clear, or may not even exist (burning of black churches in the 1990s). The silence here speaks volumes.

again, people are being punished. Stop this victimhood BS.
03-25-2012 11:12 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(03-25-2012 11:04 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(03-25-2012 10:52 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Is the victims mother's name really Mrs. Coon or are Robert and Max just making that up?
I didn't make anything up. I didn't even mention the family's name and Max didn't even post in this thread so how can we be making anything up? 01-wingedeagle

I'd say play dumb, but...
03-25-2012 11:14 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(03-25-2012 11:04 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

valid points

nobody's saying this isn't blatant racism. They're saying that the aftermath of the crime is vastly different than the trayvon martin case. Both crimes are terrible and probably fueled by racism, but the reason people are up in arms about the martin case is because the cops haven't tried to prosecute the murderer.

Do I think some of this was brought on black people by their blind acceptance of their peers' ghetto lifestyle and general irresponsibility and constant blaming of everyone else? Yes, but that's besides the point.
03-25-2012 11:23 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
Quote: I wonder why this didnt spark any nation wide protests

This is why:

Quote:Police are investigating a possible
03-25-2012 11:40 AM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(03-25-2012 11:40 AM)Max Power Wrote:  

This is why:

Are you saying there was no investigation in Florida? Or are you saying that when you don't agree with the results of an invesitigation you get to *****, whine and cry until the cops change their mind?
03-25-2012 11:55 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

This is why:

The State Attorney is convening a grand jury, they are taking it very seriously in Florida. A jury will decide if there is enough evidence to go after Zimmerman. It is the right move in a case that is this volatile. To say that the police and the prosecutors aren't doing anything in Florida is simply not true. I expect Zimmerman to be charged if the facts support it.
03-25-2012 11:59 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(03-25-2012 11:59 AM)Jugnaut Wrote:  

This is why:

The State Attorney is convening a grand jury, they are taking it very seriously in Florida. A jury will decide if there is enough evidence to go after Zimmerman. It is the right move in a case that is this volatile. To say that the police and the prosecutors aren't doing anything in Florida is simply not true. I expect Zimmerman to be charged if the facts support it.
Thats nice. When did this killing happen? Did they convene(or even consider) a grand jury BEFORE the media coverage? Nope.
03-25-2012 12:08 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
Quote:Fitbuddy Wrote:
1. The kid wasn't killed.

Nope, sorry. The narrative has been set by the left in this country that the crime itself is not the issue, but the race of the victim.

Al Sharpton didn't head to Florida because a shooter wasn't prosecuted for the killing of a 15 year old kid.

The media hasn't hyped this story because a shooter wasn't prosecuted for the killing of a 15 year old kid.

Obama didn't inject himself into the story because a shooter wasn't prosecuted for the killing of a 15 year old kid.

All of these occurred because the victim was black. Had he been anything but black this would not have been a blip on any of the above's radar.

Since the institutional left in this country has made things like this about race, a story like this very much has connection. And it is the left that has decided to make those links. It's just in situations like this the left isn't as outraged.

(03-25-2012 11:59 AM)Jugnaut Wrote:  The State Attorney is convening a grand jury, they are taking it very seriously in Florida. A jury will decide if there is enough evidence to go after Zimmerman. It is the right move in a case that is this volatile. To say that the police and the prosecutors aren't doing anything in Florida is simply not true. I expect Zimmerman to be charged if the facts support it.

I actually think the political pressure to charge him will outweigh the facts of the case. They may not go for full on manslaughter but they may go murder 2.

But if I'm Zimmerman's defense attorney it should not be difficult to argue it's impossible for him to get a fair trial given the media portrayal of this.
03-25-2012 12:09 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
The police are actually doing their job. How is this the same?

Innocent black kids get killed in this country all the time, the outrage over Martin is due to the fact the police completely failed at their job.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2012 12:34 PM by HuskieFan84.)
03-25-2012 12:33 PM
Advertisement

UM2001GRAD Offline
Humble to a Fault

I Root For: The Tea Party
The racist right-wingers around here just can't help themselves. Never let them tell you they care about justice. They don't. They want to be able to gun down black people with impunity. They want their own racist fears to be justification enough to use deadly force against black people. They don't want the police to do their jobs when it's a black person being gunned down (unless the shooter is also black). Right-wingers think they own the justice system, so naturally it should serve them however they want. Just look at how irritated they are that Americans actually demand the justice system also work fairly for young black men. They tells you all you need to know. And them they run around wondering why minorities won't vote for right-wingers.
03-25-2012 01:20 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(03-25-2012 01:20 PM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  The racist right-wingers around here just can't help themselves. Never let them tell you they care about justice. They don't. They want to be able to gun down black people with impunity. They want their own racist fears to be justification enough to use deadly force against black people. They don't want the police to do their jobs when it's a black person being gunned down (unless the shooter is also black). Right-wingers think they own the justice system, so naturally it should serve them however they want. Just look at how irritated they are that Americans actually demand the justice system also work fairly for young black men. They tells you all you need to know. And them they run around wondering why minorities won't vote for right-wingers.

Holy crap! We want to gun down black people with impuntiy. Tell me, who commits more crimes against black people; Whites, blacks, or Eskimos?
03-25-2012 01:32 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
(03-25-2012 01:20 PM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  The racist right-wingers around here just can't help themselves. Never let them tell you they care about justice. They don't. They want to be able to gun down black people with impunity. They want their own racist fears to be justification enough to use deadly force against black people. They don't want the police to do their jobs when it's a black person being gunned down (unless the shooter is also black). Right-wingers think they own the justice system, so naturally it should serve them however they want. Just look at how irritated they are that Americans actually demand the justice system also work fairly for young black men. They tells you all you need to know. And them they run around wondering why minorities won't vote for right-wingers.

You so funny.
03-25-2012 01:39 PM
UM2001GRAD Offline
Humble to a Fault

I Root For: The Tea Party
(03-25-2012 01:32 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Holy crap! We want to gun down black people with impuntiy. Tell me, who commits more crimes against black people; Whites, blacks, or Eskimos?

Today's right-wing is getting fairly close to being the modern-day Klan. There is virtually no minority issue where the right-wing comes down on the side of minorities. Now the right-wing would rather defend a guy who gunned down an unarmed black kid than call for justice to be done and would rather defend an asinine law that allows such shootings to be classified as legal. Yep, the right-wing definitely wants to be able to gun down minorities with impunity because the right-wing thinks their racist fears are justification enough.
03-25-2012 01:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.