03-18-2012 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
RE: TSA starts stopping people on US highways without warrants or probable cause

03-18-2012 10:44 PM
TheJimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: TSA starts stopping people on US highways without warrants or probable cause
I find it amusing that you rail on civil liberties and you have an Abe Lincoln quote as your sig.

03-19-2012 10:20 AM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsDonators
(03-19-2012 10:20 AM)TheJimmy Wrote:  I find it amusing that you rail on civil liberties and you have an Abe Lincoln quote as your sig.

Did you even read the quote and not even realize the opposition to Government intervention?

03-19-2012 11:50 AM
b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators
I'm not sure your people know who they're supposed to be pissed at. TSA was started under bush so it's a good thing. Then again, obama's the president now and this is taking away our rights while under bush it was security. Give them a hint chris.

03-19-2012 03:24 PM
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
(03-19-2012 03:24 PM)b Wrote:  I'm not sure your people know who they're supposed to be pissed at. TSA was started under bush so it's a good thing. Then again, obama's the president now and this is taking away our rights while under bush it was security. Give them a hint chris.
Welcome to "The Great Leap Forward", lead by Chairman Barak.

03-19-2012 05:27 PM
Advertisement

beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Homeland security, just ask King George.

03-19-2012 05:44 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsDonators
When 9/11 happened, it appeared that something like TSA was needed for the safety of air travel. But then, under whose auspices I don't know, TSA started expanding exponentially and expanding their empire and their imposition into each and every air traveler to the point that they are are universally seen as required, but also hated. Now with the start of the interstate travel inspections, it seems to have gone about 4 steps too far. I hate to compare it to anything that I am aware of, but it is reminiscent of travel in the former Soviet Union where internal passports were required of all the citizens. I sure as hell hope that this doesn't really come to fruition.

Maybe it is time to begin to check the trucking industry better than has been done in the past, but please God, don't allow the sonsabitches to start with each and every private automobile on the highway!

03-19-2012 05:55 PM
b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators
That slippery slope started before obama took office. How many of you were bitc#ing about the Patriot act, TSA, and our rights before BHO? This is a lesson in not following everything that one's party introduce. Obama inherited that power and he's gonna run with it. And so will the next guy.

The only time we stand up is when they f@#k with our internet.

03-19-2012 06:57 PM
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Well, nobody ******* about dui checkpoints, which I think are an invasion of our rights. YOU draw the line.

03-19-2012 08:44 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsDonators
(03-19-2012 08:44 PM)beck Wrote:  Well, nobody ******* about dui checkpoints, which I think are an invasion of our rights. YOU draw the line.

Well I, as a too many times late night beer drinker, don't have a problem with the check points. Better to arrest 100, than to have one innocent killed by a DUI driver.

03-19-2012 10:32 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(03-19-2012 08:44 PM)beck Wrote:  Well, nobody ******* about dui checkpoints, which I think are an invasion of our rights. YOU draw the line.

?? Checkpoints are very controversial.

03-20-2012 04:51 AM
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Agreed , Fly, but Chris..they are okay? "TSA starts stopping people on US highways without warrants or probable cause ".

Same thing.

03-20-2012 07:03 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(03-20-2012 07:03 AM)beck Wrote:  Agreed , Fly, but Chris..they are okay? "TSA starts stopping people on US highways without warrants or probable cause ".

Same thing.

I don't know anything about the trucking industry, weigh stations etc.
The video on this thread is about random searches at weigh stations, which to me is the same as random searches at shipping ports and freight. Seems ok to me I guess.

03-20-2012 08:22 AM
TheJimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-19-2012 11:50 AM)ctipton Wrote:  
(03-19-2012 10:20 AM)TheJimmy Wrote:  I find it amusing that you rail on civil liberties and you have an Abe Lincoln quote as your sig.

Did you even read the quote and not even realize the opposition to Government intervention?

Lincoln is quite possibly the most opportunistic politician in this country's history. Anything he said about 'freedom' or 'liberty' is pretty much worthless. His actions have proved that he's destroyed civil liberties arguably more than any other President in the history of this country.

03-20-2012 08:31 AM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsDonators
I believe it is time for your nap.

03-20-2012 08:36 AM
Advertisement

TheJimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-20-2012 08:36 AM)ctipton Wrote:  I believe it is time for your nap.

I could list some of the things he did for me if you want. I'll have about a half hour to type it out this afternoon. .. after my nap.

03-20-2012 10:52 AM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsDonators
Jimmy, take your childish shit to someone who cares. I don't and I'm too old to play with kids. Just leave me the fuck alone.

03-20-2012 12:15 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(03-20-2012 12:15 PM)ctipton Wrote:  Jimmy, take your childish shit to someone who cares. I don't and I'm too old to play with kids. Just leave me the fuck alone.

How come when I use this word I get a negative rating?

03-21-2012 08:59 AM
TheJimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-20-2012 12:15 PM)ctipton Wrote:  Jimmy, take your childish shit to someone who cares. I don't and I'm too old to play with kids. Just leave me the fuck alone.

OK, nevermind. All you have to is read a little bit. I'm just saying the guy was the closest thing we've had to a dictator in this country.

That's all.

03-21-2012 06:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.