Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I cant hate the Big 12 or WVU
FriarTuck420 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Providence
I cant hate the Big 12 or WVU
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...it-at-sec/

This article was pretty interesting and I keep thinking it may have all been for nothing when the PAC 12 goes to 16.

ACC still is my least favorite conference, but they are not making up the rules as they go. 2 points for being a gentlemen.
03-18-2012 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
RE: I cant hate the Big 12 or WVU
(03-18-2012 03:58 PM)FriarTuck420 Wrote:  http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...it-at-sec/

This article was pretty interesting and I keep thinking it may have all been for nothing when the PAC 12 goes to 16.

ACC still is my least favorite conference, but they are not making up the rules as they go. 2 points for being a gentlemen.

Maybe the ACC is being a gentlemen this time because it certainly wasn't the first time around. However, if it was a real gentlemen, it would not have raided the Big East for a second time. I still am not a fan of the ACC. They are also my least favorite conference but the Big 12 is joining their club.
03-18-2012 10:23 PM
Stookey57 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UConn, BC
the acc sux pond water a classless league with donna disco shalala the boss whore.
03-18-2012 11:22 PM
cardshouse Offline
UofL 4 Playoff!

I Root For: UofL Cardinals
The ACC would have added more regardless of what anyone did in expansion. They hate the fact that the Big East is better in basketball and on par in football...The first round for the ACC were the football schools Va. Tech, Boston College & Miami. The second time it was basketball related with Cuse & Pitt. No question in my mind that the ACC is trying to destroy the Big East by taking the flagship programs. Nothing gentle about it. The good thing is the ACC does not have much more room to get bigger so when we prove with the current and new teams that we are still better they will end up being the laughing stock.
03-19-2012 12:43 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I no longer care about the ACC. It's always been irrelevant in the BCS picture...
03-19-2012 08:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(03-19-2012 08:11 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I no longer care about the ACC. It's always been irrelevant in the BCS picture...

Yep. ACC I think they said if top 4 playoff was in place would have had 1 school in it. Big East would have had that just in the last 4 years- even with the conference being generally almost all in down cycles. ACC just is so overrated- both football and basketball...
03-19-2012 08:16 AM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(03-18-2012 03:58 PM)FriarTuck420 Wrote:  http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...it-at-sec/

Anyone that keeps clinging to this thought is going to get crushed in conference realignment over the next decade. Texas needs control, control and more control over money. It keeps getting displayed in their actions over and over and over again. Could they end up ditching the Big 12? I guess anything is possible in the sense that Notre Dame joining a conference is possible, but anyone banking on that as *likely* is fooling themselves.

Besides, even if Texas left the Big 12, we have learned that s**t ALWAYS rolls down hill in conference realignment. If there's some type of hope of a silver lining that the Big East will get more powerful in the event that the Big 12 gets raided, well, we saw what just happened this past fall. We could extend this further with the Alliance partisans that keep hoping that the Big East gets raided and thinking that they'll get their defectors running back to them. Those people are willfully blind. If the Big 12 gets raided again, then they'll raid the Big East again, who will then raid the Alliance again. Anyone that thinks that pecking order is going to change is wishing for a reality that doesn't exist.
03-19-2012 09:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
The Pac-16 may happen someday. But unless Texas decides it values money even more than control it sure as hell won't include them and thus aren't bloody likely to include Okie, Okie Lite and Tech.
03-19-2012 10:20 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Frank, I think if Texas ever does ditch the Big XII, it's because they feel themselves ready to compete independently, a la Notre Dame...
03-19-2012 11:08 AM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
(03-19-2012 11:08 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Frank, I think if Texas ever does ditch the Big XII, it's because they feel themselves ready to compete independently, a la Notre Dame...

I agree with this statement.
03-19-2012 11:20 AM
Advertisement

SteveAztec Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
I don't hate the Big 12 or WVU...

But I do despise the Pac-Whatever.
03-19-2012 11:25 AM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(03-19-2012 11:08 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Frank, I think if Texas ever does ditch the Big XII, it's because they feel themselves ready to compete independently, a la Notre Dame...

I agree - that seems more likely to me than them joining the Pac-16 or another conference. I still don't think it would happen (as I seriously believe they get the most satisfaction and perceived power out of having control over a bunch of plebeians), but at least financially, independence is more their style as opposed to taking an equal share of Pac-16/Big Ten/ACC money.
03-19-2012 01:18 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Texas will never get a better conference deal than they have right now...
03-20-2012 09:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.