Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

At least we're moving forward..
Bookmark and Share
atsKnight Offline
Banned

I Root For: UCF
At least we're moving forward..
However slowly. A season of firsts, best finish in CUSA tournament yet and we at least made it to the NIT, which I consider better than our auto-bid tournament appearances.

Plus, the team should be better next year. We improve at the guard position. A healthy Sykes that we know how to use. I've become more pessimistic about Spurlock than others but I see a lot of promise in Wilson.

Lots of improvement and we have a good crop of freshman that should have at least one standout. I'm feeling better about the program already.
03-16-2012 09:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
RE: At least we're moving forward..
Yep.
03-16-2012 03:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Golden Jedi Knight Offline
Heisman

There were far too many distractions this season. Rompza's suspension. Coach Jones' suspension. McCombs and Jeff Jordan leaving the team. It was too much to overcome. I think everyone will learn from this season's experiences and be better for it. We will get to the NCAA Tournament next season.
03-17-2012 11:31 PM
Heisman

Hey, TampaKnight, you root for Ball State? Did you go to school there also? My wife is a Ball State grad.
03-17-2012 11:32 PM
atsKnight Offline
Banned

We definitely imploded a little bit this year. Keith is our best player, but he doesn't seem like he wants to be the team leader.

I don't hate Rompza like TampaKnight does, but I think he hurt us as many times as he helped, though we would have been screwed with both him and Jeff gone.

I was surprised about how much losing Jeff hurt us. Once he was gone and Sykes got hurt, it became very easy for teams to gameplan for us.
03-18-2012 07:47 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

Rompza was a contributor to this team, but I hope whoever starts at point guard next season will be a big improvement for us. Rompza's size (or lack thereof) made him a liability at times. I do have to give Rompza his due, though, for some of the big shots he hit in his career and his ability to make steals and make some sweet passes.

Some other players have got to step up. We can't rely on just Marcus, Keith, and/or Isaiah to score points. The team also has to move past all of the distractions from this season. We cannot afford to have players leaving in the middle of the season, or getting suspended, or whatever. The Big East is waiting for us; it would be a good idea to leave C-USA on a high note.
03-19-2012 09:17 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

(03-17-2012 11:32 PM)Golden Jedi Knight Wrote:  Hey, TampaKnight, you root for Ball State? Did you go to school there also? My wife is a Ball State grad.

I have a friend who is a CS major there. That's the one MAC school I do root for over the others.
03-20-2012 12:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heisman

(03-20-2012 12:21 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  
(03-17-2012 11:32 PM)Golden Jedi Knight Wrote:  Hey, TampaKnight, you root for Ball State? Did you go to school there also? My wife is a Ball State grad.

I have a friend who is a CS major there. That's the one MAC school I do root for over the others.

Cool. I watched UCF play Ball State in Muncie in 2004 during O'Leary's first year. I've never heard the end of it . . . LOL. I think I was the only UCF fan in the entire stadium.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2012 10:56 AM by Golden Jedi Knight.)
03-21-2012 10:56 AM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

(03-21-2012 10:56 AM)Golden Jedi Knight Wrote:  
(03-20-2012 12:21 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  

Cool. I watched UCF play Ball State in Muncie in 2004 during O'Leary's first year. I've never heard the end of it . . . LOL. I think I was the only UCF fan in the entire stadium.

Love it. I'm pretty young, so I've only really got to witness UCF's 2009, 2010, and 2011. Got to see a bowl loss, bowl win, and slump season.

One thing I need to see is a home game versus ECU or Southern Miss, which I have YET to go see. Those games are intense. 03-phew
03-21-2012 10:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.