Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

For you flat landers
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
For you flat landers
No and I were in Arizona two weeks ago this Tuesday.

Couple days outside Pheonix, couple days in Sedona, couple days at the Grand Canyon and pool side in Tempe to fly out.

Saved a couple shekals, got a deal on air fare, took advantage of low occupancy due to the surging economy and treated No.

Wig Wam resort in Litchfield Park. Lie and tell them you are from Chicago. You'll get an immediate upgrade at no charge. Just don't say you are from the east side.

Go less expensive and sleep in Flagstaff and avoid the $ in Sedona (Red Rock Country). Zip in and out on scenic 89A.

South rim of the GC is talked down plenty. This time of year the NR is closed (snow). The South Rim was breath taking. 2 full days along the rim and we still only did 70%.
If you come in the route from the south US 180 be sure to exit the east entrance out US 64. You wil drive by and be able to see the Painted Desert. 64 T's into 89 which transitions back to Ponderosa Pine and the San Francisco Peaks(?).

Had a Nissan Venza(?) from Enterprise. $159 for the week excluding gas. A good car and deal. Very accomodating.

Missed the Lady Bronco golfers at the Red Rock Invitational at Sedona. Didnt realize they were there and playing at a local CC. Had already committed to and paid for a jeep tour of the area. Don't do the "pink jeeps". All commericial. Go Red Rocks Jeep. Puts your chiropractor to shame if you take the Soldiers pass route. Hard Hat suggested.
03-11-2012 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
RE: For you flat landers
^
Great writeup. Lived there 12 years and couldn't have said it better. Red Rocks Jeep are a great bunch of people, used to four wheel with them when I lived there, they taught me a great respect for the beauty of the high country.

Next time take in whisky row and go back through Jerome. You might just write a hit album after doing that like Bono.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 07:36 PM by DesertBronco.)
03-12-2012 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.