Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC must work on weakness
Bookmark and Share
b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators
UC must work on weakness
Watching the game and what stuck out to me was how good gtown's post game is. I noticed othella harrington is on the hoyas staff.

It's time for us to upgrade our big men coaching. Gates can face up, but at some point, we're gonna need some low post performers. Is bobby brannen still around?

JJ and gaines have both shown ability to block shots. Need to make that a priority.

Can't change directions this late in the season but hopefully it's addressed in the summer.

Good win today

03-08-2012 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
RE: UC must work on weakness
[Image: scaled.php?server=109&filename=m...res=medium]

03-08-2012 05:17 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
AGREED. I think I've probably said it on here 1000 times. Big men need to start progressing.

03-08-2012 05:22 PM
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
Well 2012 big man recruit, Mitchell, committed to Maryland either yesterday or today on his visit. So he's out.

Agree. I was so fired up about and for Yancy's play in this game. Kept wondering where it had been. He made some really tough shots, and he knocked the ball away twice at key times.

The play during regulation where he knocked it away, threw it to Cash, and Cash ooped it back to him for the dunk was one of the best fast breaks I've seen a long while by UC. Just perfect.

03-08-2012 05:24 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
I have a feeling Jackson won't be on the staff next year. He has missed most of this season with health issues. My guess is the assistants will be Savino, Davis, and Shumate.

03-08-2012 05:29 PM
WarningSigns Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
Our big man coaching could use a boost, but part of it is we just need more skilled big recruits. Some things you can't teach.

Saw about Mitchell.. so much for him visiting. Guess his tour of the UA factory went well.

We're gonna have three very athletic bigs next year in Jackson, Gaines and Ellis.. none of them inspire much confidence as post scorers. JJ is coming along, but he's better facing the basket from 10 feet out.

03-08-2012 05:31 PM
Advertisement

BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

(03-08-2012 05:29 PM)subflea Wrote:  I have a feeling Jackson won't be on the staff next year. He has missed most of this season with health issues. My guess is the assistants will be Savino, Davis, and Shumate.

Who's Shumate?

03-08-2012 05:32 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

(03-08-2012 05:24 PM)BearChatter v2.0 Wrote:  Well 2012 big man recruit, Mitchell, committed to Maryland either yesterday or today on his visit. So he's out.

Agree. I was so fired up about and for Yancy's play in this game. Kept wondering where it had been. He made some really tough shots, and he knocked the ball away twice at key times.

The play during regulation where he knocked it away, threw it to Cash, and Cash ooped it back to him for the dunk was one of the best fast breaks I've seen a long while by UC. Just perfect.

Yancy has the chance to completely change his image as a Bearcat if he plays like that from here on out.

03-08-2012 05:33 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
(03-08-2012 05:32 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 05:29 PM)subflea Wrote:  I have a feeling Jackson won't be on the staff next year. He has missed most of this season with health issues. My guess is the assistants will be Savino, Davis, and Shumate.

Who's Shumate?

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-baskb...ris00.html

03-08-2012 05:36 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
We need a big man developer...I think that's why we keep whiffing on our top targets.

03-08-2012 05:38 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(03-08-2012 05:32 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  

Who's Shumate?

Besides the profile posted above, he has been filling in for George Jackson when he has been out. Good guy, and I think they would like to be able to use him on the road to recruit.

03-08-2012 05:43 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(03-08-2012 05:24 PM)BearChatter v2.0 Wrote:  Well 2012 big man recruit, Mitchell, committed to Maryland either yesterday or today on his visit. So he's out.

Maryland?!?!?!?! LOL ok

Do they even have ncaa team anymore or is their hoops a club sport along with Wake?

03-08-2012 05:43 PM
WarningSigns Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-08-2012 05:43 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

Maryland?!?!?!?! LOL ok

Do they even have ncaa team anymore or is their hoops a club sport along with Wake?

He said he wasn't going to commit til he took all his visits. Would have at least liked to get the kid on campus.

Oh well. Lets go get Obekpa and be ShotBlock U.

03-08-2012 05:46 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
(03-08-2012 05:46 PM)WarningSigns Wrote:  

Maryland?!?!?!?! LOL ok

He said he wasn't going to commit til he took all his visits. Would have at least liked to get the kid on campus.

UC probably came in too late on him, he really liked Maryland and Florida State

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 05:50 PM by Bearcat_Bounce.)
03-08-2012 05:50 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
(03-08-2012 05:46 PM)WarningSigns Wrote:  

Maryland?!?!?!?! LOL ok

Check cleared.

03-08-2012 06:07 PM
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
I hate to say it, but I'd be tickled to death if UC could actually land a few guys who can make jump shots, specifically three pointers.

03-08-2012 06:10 PM
Advertisement

vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
Didn't UC have the 1st or 2nd most 3 pointers in the Big East? Parker, Dixon, SK and Cash, along with Guyn and Jeremiah Davis, are all 3-point shooters. The problem is that making 3's in BE games against tall, agile, quick BE defenders is not the same as making them against Wright State.

03-08-2012 06:20 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I think with Cash, SK, Parker, and Thomas we will hit some shots next year...throw in JD3 and Guyn and we should be ok

03-08-2012 06:20 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

(03-08-2012 06:20 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I think with Cash, SK, Parker, and Thomas we will hit some shots next year...throw in JD3 and Guyn and we should be ok

The mere fact that Dixon won't be shooting 3's should help our percentage.

03-08-2012 06:22 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

tell you what...we NEED SK to get his 3pt stroke back...RIGHT NOW

03-08-2012 06:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.