Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Temple departs MAC
Bookmark and Share
Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Temple departs MAC
Dear Friends,
It is now official. Temple leaving the MAC with a $6,000,000 payout. The MAC announced that Bowling Green would be going back to the East Division immediately.
Does the MAC have anyone in the wings waiting to be announced? I would hope that whomever the MAC may invite in the future, they are committed to all sports, not just football.
03-08-2012 08:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Temple departs MAC
(03-08-2012 08:36 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
It is now official. Temple leaving the MAC with a $6,000,000 payout. The MAC announced that Bowling Green would be going back to the East Division immediately.
Does the MAC have anyone in the wings waiting to be announced? I would hope that whomever the MAC may invite in the future, they are committed to all sports, not just football.

Ken,

This is being discussed on the main MAC board.
03-08-2012 11:04 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear emu steve,
Not to cause friction here, I did go to the main MAC board, and found out about a situation that involved Eastern and the possible admittance to the MAC, of Western Kentucky. Huron Dave laid out a very interesting story of what happened several years ago. My point being that maybe that could have been great for conversations on this board? I also wonder how many people from this board, even look at the main MAC board? I know, counting today, it has been twice for me.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 12:48 PM by Ken Barna.)
03-08-2012 12:43 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(03-08-2012 12:43 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear emu steve,
Not to cause friction here, I did go to the main MAC board, and found out about a situation that involved Eastern and the possible admittance to the MAC, of Western Kentucky. Huron Dave laid out a very interesting story of what happened several years ago. My point being that maybe that could have been great for conversations on this board? I also wonder how many people from this board, even look at the main MAC board? I know, counting today, it has been twice for me.

My problem with the main board is the sure volume of threads and posts.

BUT... Trying to predict what the MAC will do is like predicting the unpredictable. One thousand posters might have one thousand opinions.
03-08-2012 12:54 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Here is a statement from the commish which is the best statement I've read:

[Temple and the MAC negotiated a deal where the Owls would leave immediately and pay $6 million.]

Steinbrecher was asked by ESPN.com if the MAC was considering finding a 14th team to replace Temple.

"It's too soon to make any determinations," Steinbrecher said. "We'll be very deliberate. There's no reason to rush into anything. We'll sit back and examine the landscape. We'll observe, we'll think strategically as a league and if there are moves that make sense that strengthen or improve us, we'll make those moves."
03-08-2012 04:06 PM
Advertisement

NUPudge Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU Football
I am with EmuSteve on this matter also..

I go to the main board for information covering the whole MAC and come here for EMU related stuff.

With that being said, I think the MAC need to move quickly with adding a team (All sports) to join us and then move to 2 more teams (warm climate) to join the MAC.
03-08-2012 04:37 PM
Eagles2008 Offline
2nd String

I'm with Ken, I don't visit the MAC board either because there is too much info. Temple leaving the MAC affects EMU so it is relevant. Thanks Ken.
03-11-2012 11:38 AM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU Football
(03-11-2012 11:38 AM)Eagles2008 Wrote:  I'm with Ken, I don't visit the MAC board either because there is too much info. Temple leaving the MAC affects EMU so it is relevant. Thanks Ken.

I mostly go there during the football season.. They will have good information on the site then.. Usually things picks up in the fall..

What happens for us since Temple is now gone and we had them down for a game this season?
03-11-2012 01:28 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(03-11-2012 01:28 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 11:38 AM)Eagles2008 Wrote:  I'm with Ken, I don't visit the MAC board either because there is too much info. Temple leaving the MAC affects EMU so it is relevant. Thanks Ken.

I mostly go there during the football season.. They will have good information on the site then.. Usually things picks up in the fall..

What happens for us since Temple is now gone and we had them down for a game this season?

here is info from the MAC release:

Additional Information:

-The negotiated exit fee for Temple to leave the Mid-American Conference is $6 million.

-2012 MAC Football Divisional Alignment

East Division: Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, UMass, Miami, Ohio

West Division: Ball State, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan.

-Since 2007, the MAC has operated under a 13-member football membership model.

Three games from the 7 East team.

Kent?

BG?

and ?

The MAC had to redo the entire schedule. Should be released within 2 weeks (I think).
03-11-2012 02:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.