Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] The Big East Should Organize An Academic Consortium
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
[split] The Big East Should Organize An Academic Consortium
(03-07-2012 05:54 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Hate to burst your bubble, but... Every Big East school is looking to get out of the conference. It's simply most Big East schools don't have another conference looking back.

That's simply a false statement. But, this is America and you're free to be an idiot.
03-07-2012 07:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: The Big East Should Organize An Academic Consortium
(03-07-2012 07:04 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 05:54 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Hate to burst your bubble, but... Every Big East school is looking to get out of the conference. It's simply most Big East schools don't have another conference looking back.

That's simply a false statement. But, this is America and you're free to be an idiot.

Believe what you want. This thread will most likely be on it's way to the smack board now. Gotta love what's happened to this forum. 03-lmfao
03-07-2012 07:14 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(03-07-2012 07:14 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Believe what you want. This thread will most likely be on it's way to the smack board now. Gotta love what's happened to this forum. 03-lmfao

I just think you want people to envy you, bro. With your LAX sigs and your checkerboard sequences of terrible ACC football programs. And I'm not seeing it.

The only smack being run here is by you. In fact, you're beating yourself off.
03-07-2012 07:17 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

(03-07-2012 07:17 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 07:14 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Believe what you want. This thread will most likely be on it's way to the smack board now. Gotta love what's happened to this forum. 03-lmfao

I just think you want people to envy you, bro. With your LAX sigs and your checkerboard sequences of terrible ACC football programs. And I'm not seeing it.

Says the man with a checkerboard sequence he copied from me. 03-lmfao

You can put me on ignore. I had you on it until I tried to reason with you. You wouldn't respond to my pm's, though.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 07:22 PM by OrangeCrush22.)
03-07-2012 07:21 PM
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(03-07-2012 07:21 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  You can put me on ignore. I had you on it until I tried to reason with you. You wouldn't respond to my pm's, though.

Respond to your PMS? 03-lmfao My response was not to respond. Someday you'll learn that lesson, little man.
03-07-2012 07:24 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

(03-07-2012 07:24 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 07:21 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  You can put me on ignore. I had you on it until I tried to reason with you. You wouldn't respond to my pm's, though.

Respond to your PMS? 03-lmfao My response was not to respond. Someday you'll learn that lesson, little man.

I tried to end this nonsense. I don't know how that makes me the "little man".
03-07-2012 07:26 PM
Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
(03-07-2012 07:14 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 07:04 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  

Believe what you want. This thread will most likely be on it's way to the smack board now. Gotta love what's happened to this forum. 03-lmfao
What, some departing current members continually stirring the pot?
03-07-2012 07:28 PM
Advertisement

dogma Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USF

I'm starting to believe certain fans of departing programs expected the rest of us to be upset and depressed about their exit. As if they expected us to be begging for them not to leave.

But they cant handle how instead of groveling, we are realizing that the new conference may actually better without them. 04-rock

...And it kills them.
04-cheers
03-07-2012 07:31 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

(03-07-2012 07:28 PM)Wooglin157 Wrote:  What, some departing current members continually stirring the pot?

What I originally said wasn't pot stirring. The pot started stirring the moment BigEastHomer took it personally. No you're here and this thread is further going downhill.
03-07-2012 07:32 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

(03-07-2012 07:31 PM)dogma Wrote:  I'm starting to believe certain fans of departing programs expected the rest of us to be upset and depressed about their exit. As if they expected us to be begging for them not to leave.

But they cant handle how instead of groveling, we are realizing that the new conference may actually better without them. 04-rock

...And it kills them.
04-cheers

No. Nothing you said there is true.

I wasn't even trying to start anything.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 07:35 PM by OrangeCrush22.)
03-07-2012 07:35 PM
Advertisement

dogma Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USF
(03-07-2012 07:35 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 07:31 PM)dogma Wrote:  I'm starting to believe certain fans of departing programs expected the rest of us to be upset and depressed about their exit. As if they expected us to be begging for them not to leave.

...And it kills them.
04-cheers

No. Nothing you said there is true.

I wasn't even trying to start anything.

[Image: cool-story-bro.jpg]
03-07-2012 07:43 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(03-07-2012 07:31 PM)dogma Wrote:  

I'm starting to believe certain fans of departing programs expected the rest of us to be upset and depressed about their exit. As if they expected us to be begging for them not to leave.

...And it kills them.
04-cheers

here are some excerpts from a column by Bud Polquin:

"I knew, of course, that we were different up here. I understood that autumn Saturdays in our burg have never been given over to any kind of serious sporting fervor. I've accepted for a good, long while that a fair amount of our citizens regularly choose to pick apples or seal driveways rather than head to the Carrier Dome to watch the Syracuse University Orangemen at play."

and this gem

"And us? Um, let's see. We can't fill 49,000 seats. We debate, ad nauseam, standing-vs.-sitting in the Dome. We give our tickets to takers at the door who had to be schooled in the art of courtliness. We regularly vacate the joint long before the final gun. We allow, in a good-idea-gone-bad, a bunch of vulgar louts planted in a thing called "The O-Zone" to chant expressions you'd never say in front of Mom at the dinner table.

"In other words to compare our college football experience to that of _______ (and a lot of other places) is to compare a skillet of beans to a plate of Chilean sea bass. And while that might sound harsh, it doesn't make the words any less true."

03-lmfao

Get over yourself Syracuse, here is the full article

03-nutkick
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 09:00 PM by shere khan.)
03-07-2012 09:00 PM
HtownOrange Offline
All American

(03-07-2012 09:00 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 07:31 PM)dogma Wrote:  

...And it kills them.
04-cheers

here are some excerpts from a column by Bud Polquin:

"I knew, of course, that we were different up here. I understood that autumn Saturdays in our burg have never been given over to any kind of serious sporting fervor. I've accepted for a good, long while that a fair amount of our citizens regularly choose to pick apples or seal driveways rather than head to the Carrier Dome to watch the Syracuse University Orangemen at play."

and this gem

"And us? Um, let's see. We can't fill 49,000 seats. We debate, ad nauseam, standing-vs.-sitting in the Dome. We give our tickets to takers at the door who had to be schooled in the art of courtliness. We regularly vacate the joint long before the final gun. We allow, in a good-idea-gone-bad, a bunch of vulgar louts planted in a thing called "The O-Zone" to chant expressions you'd never say in front of Mom at the dinner table.

"In other words to compare our college football experience to that of _______ (and a lot of other places) is to compare a skillet of beans to a plate of Chilean sea bass. And while that might sound harsh, it doesn't make the words any less true."

03-lmfao

Get over yourself Syracuse, here is the full article

03-nutkick

Bud Poliquin is a poor source. He has been a reporter for the paper for over 30 years and was never respected in the community. He was cheap and still is, that is why he remains in Syracuse instead of growing in his profession. He hates Syracuse and Syracuse University, he's just too lazy to improve his abilities and move upward.

He complained about Syracuse when football was great and even now when basketball is great. He is nothing and lacks substance. I usually try not to be this negative, but Poliquin ensured I would never become a journalist, I couldn't think of being that miserable with everything, including myself.
03-07-2012 09:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.