Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great Basketball Victory
Bookmark and Share
WIS11 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Great Basketball Victory
As I said in earlier posts, Mike Montgomery was a coach to turn the Basketball program around. After Ricardo Patton with all of his excuses it was nice to see a Coach use the talent he was left with and win a big game.

It is refreshig to see that some NIU coaches can actually add talent to an existing roster and succeed. Since the late 70's with John McDougal, good coaches add to the existing roster.
look it up he as fired after going 15-12. Our AD at the time Bob Brigham said that Kenny Battle needs NIU more than we need him. Lousy coaches run everybody off blame everyone else and never have sustained success.
03-05-2012 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ProudHuskie Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
RE: Great Basketball Victory
(03-05-2012 09:30 PM)WIS11 Wrote:  As I said in earlier posts, Mike Montgomery was a coach to turn the Basketball program around. After Ricardo Patton with all of his excuses it was nice to see a Coach use the talent he was left with and win a big game.

It is refreshig to see that some NIU coaches can actually add talent to an existing roster and succeed. Since the late 70's with John McDougal, good coaches add to the existing roster.
look it up he as fired after going 15-12. Our AD at the time Bob Brigham said that Kenny Battle needs NIU more than we need him. Lousy coaches run everybody off blame everyone else and never have sustained success.

Mark Montgomery
03-05-2012 09:34 PM
beachboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: huskies
Monty did in one season what Patton never accomplished. And Judson struggled in the MAC tourney. Nice work, Huskies!
03-05-2012 09:42 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Congrats guys on the win. God knows I'm supremely pissed about it, but I tip my cap. You deserve it.

Good luck against Western.
03-05-2012 09:56 PM
Doggone Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
(03-05-2012 09:30 PM)WIS11 Wrote:  As I said in earlier posts, Mike Montgomery was a coach to turn the Basketball program around. After Ricardo Patton with all of his excuses it was nice to see a Coach use the talent he was left with and win a big game.

Here we go again. You are a loon. Montgomery did what every good coach does. He got rid of those who would play under his rules. From last year, Rucker, Hall, Fisher are gone. He dismissed Toler during the season. Get off your Novak hate.
03-05-2012 10:12 PM
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
"Mike Montgomery?" 01-wingedeagle
03-05-2012 11:03 PM
WIS11 Offline
Water Engineer

(03-05-2012 11:03 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  "Mike Montgomery?" 01-wingedeagle

I was so excited, I forgot his name. Hopefully he can build on this great game. Maybe this will help to get the ore players over the hump. Lord knows, six straight 20+ loss seasons is getting harder to take. I would be happy with a 10+ wins next year. .500 would be great!
03-05-2012 11:20 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-05-2012 11:20 PM)WIS11 Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 11:03 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  "Mike Montgomery?" 01-wingedeagle

I was so excited, I forgot his name. Hopefully he can build on this great game. Maybe this will help to get the ore players over the hump. Lord knows, six straight 20+ loss seasons is getting harder to take. I would be happy with a 10+ wins next year. .500 would be great!

Agreed. I would be happy with 10 wins next year. Progress in small steps.
03-06-2012 08:30 AM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
I would think we can more than double our win output next year. Listening to the opposing teams announcers on the MAC streaming site, many of them have good things to say about the potential for this team. We were in many games until the second half. We have a winning record.....over the last three games.......Obviously in two or three years we should be contending for a top spot, at least in the west.
03-06-2012 09:47 AM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-06-2012 09:47 AM)NIUSAE Wrote:  I would think we can more than double our win output next year. Listening to the opposing teams announcers on the MAC streaming site, many of them have good things to say about the potential for this team. We were in many games until the second half. We have a winning record.....over the last three games.......Obviously in two or three years we should be contending for a top spot, at least in the west.

If we are not MAC West champs in 2 years that would be disappointing.

In three years we need to be a top 4 seed.
03-06-2012 10:03 AM
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Never would have imagined that a team winning a handful of games on the season would feel so good. Feels like there really is hope for this program.
03-06-2012 11:13 AM
High On NIU Hoops Offline
1st String

(03-06-2012 11:13 AM)DogTracks Wrote:  Never would have imagined that a team winning a handful of games on the season would feel so good. Feels like there really is hope for this program.

When those wins (and some competitive losses) all come late in the year for such a young team, it is easy to feel better and more excited. It does lend to the feeling of hope for the near future.
03-06-2012 11:16 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
Play the schedule again and they easily win 10 games.
03-06-2012 12:06 PM
Advertisement

1st String

(03-06-2012 12:06 PM)HuskieJ Wrote:  Play the schedule again and they easily win 10 games.

Interesting thought for a discussion. Remember that the season also started with Storm and Nixon injured and limited in playing time. Now they have come on to contribute more in scoring and leadership. Consider also that the chemistry seems to be very good right now. And that the freshmen and sophomores have a lot more experience. As a team they play better overall basketball than they did when learning MM's system early in the year.
03-06-2012 12:27 PM
niucyberdawg Offline
1st String

congrats to players and staff for hanging together during a very taxing season and validate their efforts with a W in MAC tourney - as a 12 seed on home floor of a five seed divisional (weak sister) winner.

I too am optimistic and beleive NIU has hired the man to bring some potential for greater success , excitement and respectability to the program.

Neither Rome nor Huskie bball will be built in a day but the W is something positive to build upon for next year.

Avoid being too euphoric by the one win over a pretty weak opponent.

Beat WMU and now we have some room to bark out loud.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 03:05 PM by niucyberdawg.)
03-06-2012 03:04 PM
1st String

I say bark away. It's been 9 years since we won a MAC conference game of any type and we should enjoy it. More are on the horizon. I am happy for this team of players and staff. Really happy for Storm to go through what he apparently had to and now get to experience some type of reward and enjoyment before he leaves the program. Enjoy it Huskies. Take any enjoyment we can get when we can get it.
03-06-2012 04:18 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-06-2012 04:18 PM)High On NIU Hoops Wrote:  I say bark away. It's been 9 years since we won a MAC conference game of any type and we should enjoy it. More are on the horizon. I am happy for this team of players and staff. Really happy for Storm to go through what he apparently had to and now get to experience some type of reward and enjoyment before he leaves the program. Enjoy it Huskies. Take any enjoyment we can get when we can get it.

Woof woof
03-06-2012 04:51 PM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
When do we play WMU?
03-06-2012 07:37 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-06-2012 07:37 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  When do we play WMU?

Wed 6pm ct

On STO...espn3?
03-06-2012 07:57 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(03-06-2012 07:57 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 07:37 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  When do we play WMU?

Wed 6pm ct

On STO...espn3?
Yes, it's on ESPN3 as well.
03-06-2012 11:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.