Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So, is a Temple announcement coming tomorrow?
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
So, is a Temple announcement coming tomorrow?
I've read that Temple to the Big East is "done" and an announcement may come tomorrow. Temple just has to negotiate the dollar amounts with the MAC and A10.

I don't think the Big East makes an announcement until Temple has finalized everything, so I don't expect anything for a few days.

Thoughts?
03-04-2012 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SteveAztec Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
RE: So, is a Temple announcement coming tomorrow?
I defer to you guys. I know very little about Temple except they have had some real good basketball teams.
03-04-2012 08:29 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
If Temple were to announce tomorrow, I'm sure we'd know of it by now. There's hardly been any chatter. Which either means no one cares, or it's not happening tomorrow.
03-04-2012 08:40 PM
Advertisement

NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(03-04-2012 08:26 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  I've read that Temple to the Big East is "done" and an announcement may come tomorrow. Temple just has to negotiate the dollar amounts with the MAC and A10.

I don't think the Big East makes an announcement until Temple has finalized everything, so I don't expect anything for a few days.

Thoughts?

I feel you are on the mark. Temple will continue to deny that anything is a done deal with the Big East to try and keep as much (or in this case as little) leverage they have left in negotiations with the MAC and A10. Being a public state funded university Temple always needs to be public relations conscious when it comes to large expenditures, especially when it comes to athletics and even more so in the recent face of budget cuts.

Word will continue to leak that the deal is close to completion, Temple will continue to deny until a manageable buy out number is negotiated. It would not surprise me to see Temple come in for football only in 2012 if the MAC forces an unreasonable buy out figure, then sit it out in the A10 for the waiting period and pay the minimum buy out figure. The funny thing is the MAC owes Temple nothing, but based on the amount of money Temple has brought to the A10 over the past 4 years with their NCAA tournament appearances I would have guessed they would be reasonable with an early buyout, a reasonable dollar amount and basketball scheduling combination that would be manageable for Temple.

It would make sense for the announcement to be tomorrow before the start of the Big East tournament, but common sense doesn’t always play into it. My fingers are crossed, it a perfect world it would be announced tomorrow all sports in 2012, but I’d say 50/50 at best.
03-04-2012 08:43 PM
OrangeXtreme Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
The BE won't want anything to overshadow the BET.

The announcement either comes Monday, or the following week.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 09:06 PM by OrangeXtreme.)
03-04-2012 09:05 PM
Advertisement

Lolly Popp Offline
Magically Delicious

I Root For: Football
It would be cleaner and simpler for everyone if the A-10 lets Temple join the Big East in hoops next season as well.

I can already envision ESPN moving to lower the Big East basketball contract due to having 15 teams instead of 16.
03-04-2012 10:50 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I think we'll hear something firm tomorrow. Remember how fast the Memphis invite took place. Same type of thing.
03-04-2012 11:17 PM
Advertisement

pzz189 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Temple
(03-04-2012 11:17 PM)stever20 Wrote:  I think we'll hear something firm tomorrow. Remember how fast the Memphis invite took place. Same type of thing.

God I hope so. I am getting nervous that it has been so quiet.
03-04-2012 11:56 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(03-04-2012 11:56 PM)pzz189 Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 11:17 PM)stever20 Wrote:  I think we'll hear something firm tomorrow. Remember how fast the Memphis invite took place. Same type of thing.

God I hope so. I am getting nervous that it has been so quiet.

If you remember, it got real quiet before Memphis came aboard.
03-05-2012 12:07 AM
Advertisement

ollin Offline
1st String

I Root For: BE
Quote:There are reports and rumors that something could in fact transpire as early as today, in order not to conflict with the Big East men's basketball tournament at Madison Square Garden. The first round of the tournament is tomorrow. But conference sources familiar with the situation have told the Daily News that there is still "uncertainty." Their sense is that the more likely timetable is Wednesday, when the Big East presidents hold a regularly scheduled meeting in New York. Football is expected to be on the agenda.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/sports/141394113.html
03-05-2012 06:22 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Wasn't really that fast. Memphis and the BE worked on it almost a month. They just kept it super quiet, for some reason. The Providence guy finally broke it in a tweet (that most didn't believe) 8 days before it was made public, and 9 days before the official presser.
03-05-2012 08:27 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(03-05-2012 08:27 AM)TripleA Wrote:  
Wasn't really that fast. Memphis and the BE worked on it almost a month. They just kept it super quiet, for some reason. The Providence guy finally broke it in a tweet (that most didn't believe) 8 days before it was made public, and 9 days before the official presser.

Very similar situation though- Temple and the BE probably had been working on ths for a while(not sure if a month). It got broke last week and now a week or so later it'll get made public before the official presser.
03-05-2012 08:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.