Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Should the taxpayer be forced to pay for other peoples contraceptive devices?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Does anyone know where I can score a condom?
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Does anyone know where I can score a condom?
I was watching "Meet the Press" this morning and David Gregory kept repeating a question to Newt Gingrich about women being denied access to contraception.

What???? We've lost access to contraception? Women can't get birth control from their pharmacist? I can't go to Walgreens and pick up a condom? When did this happen?

Of course no one is being denied access to contraception. The 30 year old Georgetown law student who complained before Congress that she needed the tax payer to pay her $3000 contraceptive bill (cost over 4 years of law school because GT insurance won't cover birth control, as it's a Catholic College) stirred the pot of the left and drew swoons from the media this week. "Someone help this poor women score some contraceptives, please!!!!" 03-weeping03-weeping

I fully understand that the DNC is trying to frame this argument to create a boogie man and give the appearance that access to contraception is being threatened, as well as distract the public from trillion dollar deficits, double digit unemployment, etc. I'M A LITTLE PERPLEXED THAT THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA FRAMES THE QUESTION THE EXACT SAME WAY, when it has NOTHING TO DO with access.

It's not about access, the question is this..................
Question: Should the tax payer be FORCED to pay for other peoples contraception?
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 12:52 PM by Chipdip.)
03-04-2012 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: Does anyone know where I can score a condom?
Your boy Rushbo took the "boogie (sic) man" bait hook, line, and stinker.
03-04-2012 12:52 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(03-04-2012 12:52 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Your boy Rushbo took the "boogie (sic) man" bait hook, line, and stinker.

Libs, they always fear the truth, so resort to diversions.

So Major, we've lost access to contraceptives?

Is it really about access Major? Can you still pick up contraceptives at Walgreens?

Do you think the tax payer should be forced to pay for everyones contraceptives?
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 12:57 PM by Chipdip.)
03-04-2012 12:56 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Not a diversion, just an observation.

Would never try to beat you, the Master, at your own game.
03-04-2012 01:02 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(03-04-2012 01:02 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Not a diversion, just an observation.

Would never try to beat you, the Master, at your own game.
The fact you avoid the actual question tells me everything I need to know about the answer..........03-phew

So tell me, On Meet the Press this morning, David Gregory repeatedly asked Gingrich about women being denied access to contraceptives. Can we no longer purchase them? Is Meijer Pharmacy telling women that they can't purchase them there?

Or is the actual question....................
Should the tax payer should be forced to pay for everyones contraceptives?
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 01:25 PM by Chipdip.)
03-04-2012 01:24 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I think this is a great issue for the Republican presidential candidates, especially the former Massachusetts moderate, to keep pushing as they pander to the extreme right of the party.

BTW, Dipper, contraception is funded by Title X, which was passed with the support of a congressman named George H. W. Bush and signed into law by a Republican president.

Something about protecting women's health, saving money, cutting down on abortions. What "right"-minded person would want those things?
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 01:35 PM by MajorHoople.)
03-04-2012 01:31 PM
Advertisement

Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa
A scored condom = destined to fail. Just sayin'.
03-04-2012 01:37 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Major
Quote:Something about protecting women's health, saving money, cutting down on abortions. What "right"-minded person would want those things?

You're speaking in platitudes. No one knows if paying for womens contraceptives will cut down on anything. Fact is it's been free for decades through county health departments and Planned Parenthood, yet illegitimate births continue to rise.

The question being asked is not about access, that is a lie. Libs like to form questions so that their idiot base thinks everyone is a boogieman. But the real question being put forth is very simple.

Should the tax payer be forced to pay for women's contraception?

If you want to get to the real down and dirty, then the question should be.................

If you believe the taxpayer should be forced to pay for women's contraception, then should Catholic hospitals, colleges, and churches be forced to provide insurance that covers contraceptive devices?
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 01:48 PM by Chipdip.)
03-04-2012 01:41 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(03-04-2012 01:37 PM)Whinny1 Wrote:  A scored condom = destined to fail. Just sayin'.

How did you score one. David Gregory said on Meet the Press this morning that women were being denied access to contraception? Email me who your condom dealer is, mums the word. 03-shhhh03-shhhh

Don't forget to vote in the poll
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 01:46 PM by Chipdip.)
03-04-2012 01:45 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Catholics have enough to worry about "insuring" their religious leaders stay celibate. Already costing them mega bucks in damages to abuse victims.

There's a moral compass to follow.

Actually according to NYT/CBS poll from a month ago the percentage of Catholics that favor free contraception as part of health care is higher than the national average (59% to 55). And studies have shown that 98% of Catholics not only support birth control, but have used it.

Just another reason for Mitt, Santorum, et al to keep pushing this particular envelope.

I'll do my voting where it matters, Dipper - at the ballot box in November.

But on behalf of the majority of American Catholics, I'll check "Yes" on your cute little message board poll!

Happy?
03-04-2012 02:06 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Quote:Actually according to NYT/CBS poll from a month ago the percentage of Catholics that favor free contraception as part of health care is higher than the national average (59% to 55).

Here's the question they didn't ask, (and please don't cite a NYT poll as proof anything, as their sampling always leans way left).

The question they didn't ask is this.
Should the federal government force the Catholic Church to provide insurance with a contraceptive rider, even though it goes completely against church doctrine?

The irony is the "separation of church and state zealots" turn a blind eye to that in this case, and embrace government as the end all know all.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 02:22 PM by Chipdip.)
03-04-2012 02:21 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Original Question
I was watching "Meet the Press" this morning and David Gregory kept repeating a question to Newt Gingrich about women being denied access to contraception.

What???? We've lost access to contraception? Women can't get birth control from their pharmacist? I can't go to Walgreens and pick up a condom? When did this happen?

Of course no one is being denied access to contraception. The 30 year old Georgetown law student who complained before Congress that she needed the tax payer to pay her $3000 contraceptive bill (cost over 4 years of law school because GT insurance won't cover birth control, as it's a Catholic College) stirred the pot of the left and drew swoons from the media this week. "Someone help this poor women score some contraceptives, please!!!!" 03-weeping03-weeping

I fully understand that the DNC is trying to frame this argument to create a boogie man and give the appearance that access to contraception is being threatened, as well as distract the public from trillion dollar deficits, double digit unemployment, etc. I'M A LITTLE PERPLEXED THAT THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA FRAMES THE QUESTION THE EXACT SAME WAY, when it has NOTHING TO DO with access.

It's not about access, the question is this..................
Question: Should the tax payer be FORCED to pay for other peoples contraception?
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 02:23 PM by Chipdip.)
03-04-2012 02:22 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2012 02:21 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  please don't cite a NYT poll as proof anything, as their sampling always leans way left).

"(Conservatives,) they fear the truth, so resort to a diversion." (Already posted you are the master or at least most frequent user of that game).

Can't disprove the facts, attack the source.

Quote:Should the federal government force the Catholic Church to provide insurance with a contraceptive rider, even though it goes completely against church doctrine?

The irony is the "separation of church and state zealots" turn a blind eye to that in this case, and embrace government as the end all know all.

Had you been paying attention instead of blindly going off half-cocked (in search of a condom apparently), you would know the White House has addressed this.

But then that would weaken your attack. Never let the facts get in the way of a propaganda-laced rant.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 02:52 PM by MajorHoople.)
03-04-2012 02:32 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Quote:Had you been paying attention instead of blindly going off half-cocked (in search of a condom apparently), you would know the White House has addressed this.

They did address it. They've stated point blank that they want all institutions, regardless of religious philosophy, to comply to the fine print in the 3000 page Obamacare document.

And then because they know they're on the wrong side of the issue they run and hide and try to frame it as "An issue of women's access to contraception." And the not so bright folks on the left (not saying you fall into that category) buy the false narrative, hook, line and sinker.

But as stated several times it is not a question of women having access to contraception, they all have access and plenty of it. The question, for which you continually duck and dodge is.........................

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 02:41 PM by Chipdip.)
03-04-2012 02:39 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Asked and answered in Post #10. Man you are so upset you can't see straight - even for you. I even asked if I made you happy.

There's just no pleasing you.

(03-04-2012 02:21 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  please don't cite a NYT poll as proof anything, as their sampling always leans way left.

You can surely affirm that if the "Fair and Balanced" network posed the question and got similar results, it would have rushed the results onto the air with approbation - will of the majority, voice of the people etc.

Being "Fair and Balanced" and all.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 02:51 PM by MajorHoople.)
03-04-2012 02:51 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Health center gives out free condoms at msu but they aren't trojans so I go to the store and spend 15 bucks on condoms. W/e **** the free world. #drunkpostfrom daytonabeachbitch.
03-04-2012 03:11 PM
Advertisement

Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa
(03-04-2012 01:45 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 01:37 PM)Whinny1 Wrote:  A scored condom = destined to fail. Just sayin'.

How did you score one. David Gregory said on Meet the Press this morning that women were being denied access to contraception? Email me who your condom dealer is, mums the word. 03-shhhh03-shhhh

Fer gawd's sakes, 'Dip. You're so set on making a political issue of this that my levity went right over your head. Let me connect the dots for you: 03-melodramatic

1. "Scored" also means to make a series of cuts in an object

2. A "scored" condom means that it is full of cut holes

3. Therefore, a "scored" condom is destined to fail in its intended purpose
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 03:33 PM by Whinny1.)
03-04-2012 03:32 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Quote:But on behalf of the majority of American Catholics, I'll check "Yes" on your cute little message board poll!

Happy?

So now that we've affirmed that you feel all American's should pay for everyone elses condoms ($3000 in the case of the GT law student), how bout we just take it to a grass roots level.

This girl knocks on your door

Hello sir, I plan on having sex tonight with at least two guys---hopefully, several times. I need protection. I need you to pay for some condoms. Give me $7.
[Image: 41760_100001509998905_2912_n.jpg]

Well why should I have to buy them for you?
[Image: Emlekezz-a-Titanokra--i1007.jpg]

Cause you got the money.
[Image: 41760_100001509998905_2912_n.jpg]

Well I don't have $7 on me young lady
[Image: Emlekezz-a-Titanokra--i1007.jpg]

Sorry sir, you're now in violation of federal law, please put your hands behind your back.........
[Image: 20111216_094444_1217_COBOS_ARREST_COPY_rrr_VIEWER.jpg]
03-04-2012 03:40 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(03-04-2012 03:32 PM)Whinny1 Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 01:45 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  

Fer gawd's sakes, 'Dip. You're so set on making a political issue of this that my levity went right over your head. Let me connect the dots for you: 03-melodramatic

1. "Scored" also means to make a series of cuts in an object

2. A "scored" condom means that it is full of cut holes

3. Therefore, a "scored" condom is destined to fail in its intended purpose

Uhhhh, Whinny, the word you wanted is "scoured" not "scored."
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 03:43 PM by Chipdip.)
03-04-2012 03:42 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
yeah, I make sure the girl is on the pill before I get with her. It feels better with out the glove. The Gov should start paying for my gloves.
03-04-2012 04:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.