Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

THANK YOU Huskie Faithful
Bookmark and Share
Coach Storm Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU now
THANK YOU Huskie Faithful
With senior night in a couple nights, and obviously Tyler's last home game as a Huskie, I wanted to get on here and extend a big THANK YOU to the Huskie fans of this message forum.

There is a lot of passion on this forum. Despite the negativism that is sometimes there, the passion is good. I've enjoyed it. While I don't check this forum as often as most of you, that doesn't mean I haven't really enjoyed my visits! Even the few that have been negative towards me or Ty - Not a big deal as we take them for what they are worth. I will check back now and then even when Ty's career is done at NIU, just because we have become loyal Huskie fans. We wish you all and obviously all the Huskie teams the very best.

Tyler's career obviously didn't go as hoped or how it could have given different circumstances of physical health or other things that happend. But, that doesn't mean we look negatively at the past 4 years overall. Some things can't be helped and things happen for reasons. Some day those reasons will be more clear. Tyler will have, like most all people do with any aspect of their lives, the "what ifs". What if he hadn't had injuries that hindered his play much of the past 3 years? What if situations had been different with what went on with his basketball development or how he was handled? What if he had transferred or chosen a diffent school? What if any number of things had been different? That is common. But that stuff doesn't matter. Things did happen this way and he chose to stay loyal to the Huskies. He is a Huskie. He always will be a Huskie. He has enjoyed his time as a student/athlete at NIU and had a few good memories made on the court.

We have been very proud of how he has handled things and what he has become. We are proud that he graduated early and is in a Masters program. We are proud he is staying at NIU after his playing days to get that degree there. Wednesday night will be a special night for all of us in our family despite all the "what ifs" that really don't even matter. We will have about 25 family/friends enjoying a pre-game meal at Fatty's and taking in the game. It will be a good night.

Thanks to all those who have either posted or sent messages of support and understanding regarding Ty's career at NIU. It was very much appreciated. Thanks to those who support the basketball program and who can honestly say they were supportive before things got turned around. Tyler (and we) bought into being part of that turn around 4+ years ago. It didn't happen like it was supposed to, obviously. Hopefully that will still be at least a small part of situation as Coach Montgomery gets that done and that Ty helped many of these young guys grow in ways we maybe won't ever know. Thanks to those who have been so friendly and supportive talking to me at the games. It was always a pleasure. And, thanks in advance for those who will be at his last home game Wednesday night.

We appreciate the passion, support, and hope. And here's to hoping for a few more bright moments as his NIU career comes to a close. 04-cheers

Brad Storm and family

* Yes, I know this type of post opens things up to less than positive reply posts by some forum members. That's fine. We know things most of you can't know and understand that opinions are based only on the information you have. That's how it works. We are so proud of what he has done and how he has done it. We are proud of NIU. And I wanted to have the chance to say THANK YOU! to you forum members, even with the given risks.
Go Huskies.
02-27-2012 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

beachboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: huskies
RE: THANK YOU Huskie Faithful
Thanks, coach, for being a classy guy and having a son who was a chip off the old block. As he leads a successful life, hopefully Tyler will look back and think about the good that came out of his NIU experience. I think we all do, which is why we remain faithful.
02-27-2012 11:49 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Very classy comments, considering some of the things you've had to endure on this board, Coach Storm. All the best to Tyler and to your family!
02-27-2012 11:56 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
Props to Tyler for sticking it out for four years. I wish him nothing but the best.
02-28-2012 12:15 AM
Huskie Love Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-27-2012 11:35 PM)Coach Storm Wrote:  With senior night in a couple nights, and obviously Tyler's last home game as a Huskie, I wanted to get on here and extend a big THANK YOU to the Huskie fans of this message forum.

There is a lot of passion on this forum. Despite the negativism that is sometimes there, the passion is good. I've enjoyed it. While I don't check this forum as often as most of you, that doesn't mean I haven't really enjoyed my visits! Even the few that have been negative towards me or Ty - Not a big deal as we take them for what they are worth. I will check back now and then even when Ty's career is done at NIU, just because we have become loyal Huskie fans. We wish you all and obviously all the Huskie teams the very best.

Tyler's career obviously didn't go as hoped or how it could have given different circumstances of physical health or other things that happend. But, that doesn't mean we look negatively at the past 4 years overall. Some things can't be helped and things happen for reasons. Some day those reasons will be more clear. Tyler will have, like most all people do with any aspect of their lives, the "what ifs". What if he hadn't had injuries that hindered his play much of the past 3 years? What if situations had been different with what went on with his basketball development or how he was handled? What if he had transferred or chosen a diffent school? What if any number of things had been different? That is common. But that stuff doesn't matter. Things did happen this way and he chose to stay loyal to the Huskies. He is a Huskie. He always will be a Huskie. He has enjoyed his time as a student/athlete at NIU and had a few good memories made on the court.

We have been very proud of how he has handled things and what he has become. We are proud that he graduated early and is in a Masters program. We are proud he is staying at NIU after his playing days to get that degree there. Wednesday night will be a special night for all of us in our family despite all the "what ifs" that really don't even matter. We will have about 25 family/friends enjoying a pre-game meal at Fatty's and taking in the game. It will be a good night.

Thanks to all those who have either posted or sent messages of support and understanding regarding Ty's career at NIU. It was very much appreciated. Thanks to those who support the basketball program and who can honestly say they were supportive before things got turned around. Tyler (and we) bought into being part of that turn around 4+ years ago. It didn't happen like it was supposed to, obviously. Hopefully that will still be at least a small part of situation as Coach Montgomery gets that done and that Ty helped many of these young guys grow in ways we maybe won't ever know. Thanks to those who have been so friendly and supportive talking to me at the games. It was always a pleasure. And, thanks in advance for those who will be at his last home game Wednesday night.

We appreciate the passion, support, and hope. And here's to hoping for a few more bright moments as his NIU career comes to a close. 04-cheers

Brad Storm and family

* Yes, I know this type of post opens things up to less than positive reply posts by some forum members. That's fine. We know things most of you can't know and understand that opinions are based only on the information you have. That's how it works. We are so proud of what he has done and how he has done it. We are proud of NIU. And I wanted to have the chance to say THANK YOU! to you forum members, even with the given risks.
Go Huskies.

As a parent and Tony's Mother, I wanted to say "THANK YOU" to you, your family and Tyler. Four years ago he did not sign up for what he received and this whole situation has been circumstances totally beyond any of your control. It has been a breath of fresh air to have met Tyler and he become a great friend/teammate to Tony. He has been a great example of a student/athlete here at NIU and he has endured a lot. He is a 4 year "true" Huskie and will have great success just because of that. Tyler has been delayed but he will definitely not be denied and I wish him many blessings for a awesome future. Enjoy Senior night, embrace the moment and be grateful for such a Great young Man!!!
02-28-2012 12:18 AM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
All the best to you and Tyler! Thank him for all of his hard work!
02-28-2012 12:57 AM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
We can only hope future Huskies represent the university half as good as Tony and Tyler!
02-28-2012 01:14 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-28-2012 01:14 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  We can only hope future Huskies represent the university half as good as Tony and Tyler!
Agreed.
02-28-2012 01:41 AM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
I'm happy Tyler has had a few good games this year....it's been a rough 4 years for anybody involved in the program or rooting for it...but he's easy to root for.

Despite the fact that things haven't worked out as well as everybody has hoped, I don't think anybody can say Tyler didn't give it his all and represent the school well. There's a lot to say for that.
02-28-2012 01:59 AM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

Coach Storm, I would like to say thank you for participating in our online community and for staying so positive throughout your stay. Parents such as yourself and Huskie_Love add a nice dimension to this electronic space. This year we caught a glimpse of what could have been had Tyler been healthy and had good coaching during his collegiate career. It is obvious that Tyler comes from a strong family and throughout everything he made sure to take advantage of obtaining a good education. In the end that will be HUGE as he moves on to the next phase of his life. Good luck to Tyler in the coming years, I wish him the best.
02-28-2012 08:08 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Congratulations. Tyler will leave NIU with a degree and no debt. I am sure he is frustrated with how his basketball career went but such is life. He showed that he has the mental toughness to stick it out. This is a good trait to have in life as not everything goes according to plan. I have enjoyed your insight.
02-28-2012 08:49 AM
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
Thank you and keep in touch with us. 04-cheers
02-28-2012 08:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

I won't repeat the praise for the Storm family that I have stated on other threads, I will simply say thank you to you and Tyler and the Storm family. Tyler is a very successful young man already.

Having said that, there is still basketball to be played. Tell Tyler to get his butt out there and do some damage! No resting yet!

Go Huskies!
02-28-2012 09:03 AM
High On NIU Hoops Offline
1st String

Best wishes for a tremendous senior night Wednesday. I will be there. Tyler is one of the easiest Huskies to want to support. And best wishes for the future. Continue to make Huskies everywhere proud.
02-28-2012 09:16 AM
Huskie Love Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-28-2012 01:14 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  We can only hope future Huskies represent the university half as good as Tony and Tyler!

Thank you so much for such kind words!!!
02-28-2012 10:35 AM
High On NIU Hoops Offline
1st String

It seems that Montgomery only wants quality character around him. That's partly why we are missing some guys that would be on the team this year otherwise. And that's why guys like Storm, Grady, Nixon, Bolin and Christian are still around.
02-28-2012 02:39 PM
Advertisement

Huskie Love Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-28-2012 02:39 PM)High On NIU Hoops Wrote:  It seems that Montgomery only wants quality character around him. That's partly why we are missing some guys that would be on the team this year otherwise. And that's why guys like Storm, Grady, Nixon, Bolin and Christian are still around.

Very well said!!!
02-28-2012 02:55 PM
Huskie_Fan Offline
2nd String

Tyler rose above all that was going on around him. He has shown great character. I wish him best of luck in his future endeavors.
02-28-2012 03:11 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Yep, kudos to Tyler for sticking it out for 4 years, and being there for all the youngsters we have on the team this year.

It's nice to have parents of players on here to provide a different viewpoint of things, and hopefully the negativity was outweighed by the posters with a more positive outlook. I'm not as big a basketball fan as some but I went to a few games and appreciate the hard work of the players even when they didn't get the "W".
02-28-2012 04:24 PM
7huskie6 Offline
2nd String

Bravo coach
02-28-2012 06:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.