Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Romney does it again...
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
Romney does it again...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-5...re-owners/

Quote:Mitt Romney went to the Daytona 500 NASCAR race Sunday for what should have been a chance to show he's one of the guys. Instead, in casual conversation with an Associated Press reporter at the Florida track, he reminded people once again that he is not exactly a regular Joe.

Asked by the AP reporter if he follows NASCAR, Romney responded, "Not as closely as some of the most ardent fans. But I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners."

Either he's not trying to limit his "$h!t rich guys say" or he can't.
02-27-2012 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: Romney does it again...
Give 'em him a break. My wife was two cadillacs also...doesn't everyone's?
02-27-2012 02:59 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
He's not a regular guy, but he earned every dime he has so why knock him for it?
02-27-2012 04:55 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Did Mitt pay his own way through the college's that afforded him the opportunity to achieve what he did in business? Or did he earn a free ride solely by being born to a wealthy man who provided him with every opportunity imaginable? Opportunities not available to 99.9% of us?

Look, I'm not begrudging Mitt's achievements in business. He's done very well for himself. But when he tries to act like he knows what's happening on main street and that he's just like you and me he comes off looking like this.
02-27-2012 05:07 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(02-27-2012 05:07 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Did Mitt pay his own way through the college's that afforded him the opportunity to achieve what he did in business? Or did he earn a free ride solely by being born to a wealthy man who provided him with every opportunity imaginable? Opportunities not available to 99.9% of us?

Look, I'm not begrudging Mitt's achievements in business. He's done very well for himself. But when he tries to act like he knows what's happening on main street and that he's just like you and me he comes off looking like this.

He's no worse than Obama or his stinking wife. Or how about John Kerry, any one of the Kennedys, and on and on.
02-27-2012 05:09 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(02-27-2012 05:09 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(02-27-2012 05:07 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Did Mitt pay his own way through the college's that afforded him the opportunity to achieve what he did in business? Or did he earn a free ride solely by being born to a wealthy man who provided him with every opportunity imaginable? Opportunities not available to 99.9% of us?

He's no worse than Obama or his stinking wife. Or how about John Kerry, any one of the Kennedys, and on and on.

I'll give you Kerry and any of the Kennedy's, but Obama and his lovely hot wife aren't quite from the billionare clubs the other were from.
02-27-2012 05:12 PM
Advertisement

Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
LOL it's like he's trying to alienate the working class.

Then he sarcastically tells people in $5 rain ponchos at the NASCAR race they "sprung for the big bucks."

Quote:But the crowd initially booed Mr. Romney, who occasionally struck a discordant note, as when he approached a group of fans wearing plastic ponchos. “I like those fancy raincoats you bought,” he said. “Really sprung for the big bucks.”

[Image: mittromneyponcho_022612.jpg]

What a f*ckface.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2012 05:21 PM by Max Power.)
02-27-2012 05:17 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
The working class sure does love the millionaire NASCAR drivers. Some admire success.
02-27-2012 05:19 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-27-2012 05:17 PM)Max Power Wrote:  LOL it's like he's trying to alienate the working class.

Then he sarcastically tells people in $5 rain ponchos at the NASCAR race they "sprung for the big bucks."

Quote:“I like those fancy raincoats you bought,” he said. “Really sprung for the big bucks.”

What a f*ckface.

Don't worry Max SEC country and all of the Electoral votes are going to the GOP.
02-27-2012 05:21 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

The Kennedys have not known [American] poverty. The Obamas have.
02-27-2012 05:22 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(02-27-2012 05:21 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(02-27-2012 05:17 PM)Max Power Wrote:  LOL it's like he's trying to alienate the working class.

Quote:“I like those fancy raincoats you bought,” he said. “Really sprung for the big bucks.”

What a f*ckface.

Don't worry Max SEC country and all of the Electoral votes are going to the GOP.

Not if Santorum is nominated they won't. Which I'm really rooting for, because I want to see a blue Texas! 02-13-banana

Also, this should be Romney's campaign song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm4TG56KGZ4
02-27-2012 05:26 PM
Advertisement

Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

Seriously, they should play that song every time he walks on a debate stage.

Romney Romney Romney RomnEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
02-27-2012 05:28 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

What a f*ckface.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to shop at Target like Moochelle......and with a photographer and security in tow.
02-27-2012 06:19 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

Yeah who needs security anyway, not my concern if the president and his family members die or are held hostage.
02-27-2012 06:51 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-27-2012 06:51 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Yeah who needs security anyway, not my concern if the president and his family members die or are held hostage.
I am pretty sure that if the president didn't have security, Biden would be president by now.
02-28-2012 03:09 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(02-27-2012 05:12 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

I'll give you Kerry and any of the Kennedy's, but Obama and his lovely hot wife aren't quite from the billionare clubs the other were from.

...And this is obviously why Romney's wealth has coincidentally become such a big theme this election cycle. With no mega-wealthy Gore or Kerry on the Democratic ticket this time around, opportunity for a little more class warfare presented itself.

Sounds like Romney tends to let loose a few boneheaded 'silver spoon' slips on occasion, but he doesn't sound too different from when a Hollywood limousine liberal leaves their bubble universe of mansions and luxury cars.
02-28-2012 08:04 AM
Advertisement

I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
Yeah, I don't get the rub. When was the last time an average joe became President? How many have there been?

You have to be wealthy or travel in wealthy circles to be President. It's an elitist office.
02-28-2012 09:25 AM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(02-28-2012 09:25 AM)ImMoreAwesomeThanYou Wrote:  Yeah, I don't get the rub. When was the last time an average joe became President? How many have there been?

You have to be wealthy or travel in wealthy circles to be President. It's an elitist office.
Right. Many have started as an average joe, became successful and wealthy, and elected president. It takes a high level of accomplishment to be a viable Presidential candidate. See Bill Clinton.

I don't think we've ever elected Average Joe off the street.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 09:33 AM by AtlanticLeague.)
02-28-2012 09:31 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(02-28-2012 09:25 AM)ImMoreAwesomeThanYou Wrote:  Yeah, I don't get the rub. When was the last time an average joe became President?

Obama? And before that, Clinton? Jimmy Carter lived in public housing!

Mitt Romney has had more than a few "silver spoon slips." He couldn't do a self parody if he tried. Sometimes I think he's messing with us or has some bet going.

[Image: romney_shoeshine.jpg]

Quote:10. “I like those fancy raincoats you bought [to people wearing plastic ponchos]. Really sprung for the big bucks.’”

9. “I know what it’s like to worry about whether or not you are going to get fired. … There are times when I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip.”

8. “Corporations are people, my friend.”

7. “Rick [Perry], I’ll tell you what: 10,000 bucks? $10,000 bet?”

6. “I get speaker’s fees from time to time, but not very much.” [$374,000]

5. “I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners.“

4. “Ann drives a couple of Cadillacs.”

3. “I’m not concerned about the very poor. … We have a safety net there.”

2. “I’m also unemployed.”

1. “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.”
02-28-2012 10:24 AM
I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
(02-28-2012 10:24 AM)Max Power Wrote:  
(02-28-2012 09:25 AM)ImMoreAwesomeThanYou Wrote:  Yeah, I don't get the rub. When was the last time an average joe became President?

Obama? And before that, Clinton? Jimmy Carter lived in public housing!

Mitt Romney has had more than a few "silver spoon slips." He couldn't do a self parody if he tried. Sometimes I think he's messing with us or has some bet going.

[Image: romney_shoeshine.jpg]

Quote:10. “I like those fancy raincoats you bought [to people wearing plastic ponchos]. Really sprung for the big bucks.’”

9. “I know what it’s like to worry about whether or not you are going to get fired. … There are times when I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip.”

8. “Corporations are people, my friend.”

7. “Rick [Perry], I’ll tell you what: 10,000 bucks? $10,000 bet?”

6. “I get speaker’s fees from time to time, but not very much.” [$374,000]

5. “I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners.“

4. “Ann drives a couple of Cadillacs.”

3. “I’m not concerned about the very poor. … We have a safety net there.”

2. “I’m also unemployed.”

1. “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.”

I never said that some people didn't start as an average joe but they weren't average when elected to President. That was my point.
02-28-2012 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.