big south tourney!
Bookmark and Share
campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: campbell
big south tourney!
ok we finsihed bad however now its tourney time. i believe the 9 day break was just not good for us. we now have to beat winthrop for a third time this season.sounds like we will have alot of camels in ashville! lets stay behind this team,its still one of our best seasons in a long time! lets get hot at the right time!! lets GO CAMELS! WHO ALL IS GOING TO ASHVILLE?
02-26-2012 08:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

camelfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Campbell
RE: big south tourney!
I hope we win but am not too optomistic after the last three games.

I was considering going but with all the work I have to do I can harldy come up with a reason to go after the way our guys have played. No effort the past three games.

Disappointing season again as far as I am concerned. Maybe they will prove me wrong and win the tournament. I know they have the talent but not sure about the effort and heart to win it. Again - hope I am wrong.
02-26-2012 08:39 PM
OrangeCamel Offline

My attitude at the moment is that I might wait and require the Camels to beat Winthrop before I spend time and money to go to Asheville.

This bunch is capable of winning the tournament, but can they can break out of this funk and do it? After winning only 3 of their last nine, I wonder what the team's mindset is now.

Let's go Camels....the road to Dayton (yes, Dayton) begins in Kimmel Arena tomorrow.
02-28-2012 07:48 AM
WinthropEagleFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Wish I could be in Asheville tomorrow to watch this one. Neither of our teams is really coming into this tournament with much momentum. And the atmosphere in Kimmel will likely be non-existent due to the afternoon start-time on a weekday (and with the host team's session later in the evening)...so I think whichever team can come out with the most energy will find a way to win.
02-28-2012 07:43 PM
camelsinthecreek Offline
Water Engineer

Looking at the brackets and seedings for the tournament, you have to think that CU got as good a draw as they could have gotten. They are a combined 5-0 this year against their potential opponents on the road to the conference final. To me, the key to a successful tourney is for CU to regain their shooting touch. The Camels have shot below 40% the last three games, which is poor when you consider they have averaged over 50% for most of the year. Darren White has been in an extended shooting slump and Trey Freeman has been very poor (by his standards) the last few games. It seemed to me in the High Point game that CU’s strategy was to get the ball into Eric, and when they couldn’t do that everyone else was afraid to shoot. D. White especially seems to hesitate on his jumpers. I do see a reason for optimism in Trey and Darren’s performance in the second half against Liberty. If CU can improve their shooting, minimize foul trouble and make free throws, they could have a very good tournament.
02-28-2012 09:20 PM
Advertisement

OrangeCamel Offline

VMI up 6 on the Chants at halftime! Hope they keep it up and we can be one step closer to the championship playing played in the Creek!
02-29-2012 01:00 PM
OrangeCamel Offline

(02-29-2012 01:00 PM)OrangeCamel Wrote:  VMI up 6 on the Chants at halftime! Hope they keep it up and we can be one step closer to the championship playing played in the Creek!

VMI ousts #2 Coastal. This should inspire the Camels for the opportunity to return to Gore Arena for the championship. Just have to win and hope UNCA stumbles now.
02-29-2012 01:57 PM
oldcamel Offline
Water Engineer

so this year we start 8-1 and finish 9-14. Last year we start 7-3 and finish 5-16. Should keep us as a sub-200 team in the country again. Yes, we did have a winning season (with only one non-D1 game) which is commendable with our history.

We always lose in the first round of our conference tournament (see other thread), so that is not a surprise.

For years we had all the built in excuses of why we were bad. Arena, campus life, etc. Now we have a great building, more inviting campus and lead the league in attendance. Now is the time to make the move, if we ever are, to a solid program.

I'm excited to see what the future holds, especially with three more years of Trey.
02-29-2012 04:18 PM
OrangeCamel Offline

(02-29-2012 01:57 PM)OrangeCamel Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 01:00 PM)OrangeCamel Wrote:  VMI up 6 on the Chants at halftime! Hope they keep it up and we can be one step closer to the championship playing played in the Creek!

VMI ousts #2 Coastal. This should inspire the Camels for the opportunity to return to Gore Arena for the championship. Just have to win and hope UNCA stumbles now.

And, of course, this team continues its losing ways and does not take advantage.

Gladly, my total spent on this tournament totals $0.00.
02-29-2012 04:22 PM
Advertisement

Mr. X Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cornell
Please everyone wake up and smell the coffee. ROBBIE LAING CANT COACH. He wins games that anyone could win but when a game requires coaching to win, he folds like one of his cheap suits.

This is pathetic. I wish people would realize this but no one will because Campbell won 17 games HOORAY!!! As long as he is here Campbell will just continue to be a place for JUCO kids to finish out their careers and Campbell will keep losing in the 1st round.

All I have to say to Robbie is "Suck failure freak"
02-29-2012 04:56 PM
oldcamel Offline
Water Engineer

Without saying whether I agree or disagree, why do you think Robbie can't coach? What are some specific examples?
02-29-2012 05:39 PM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

I have nothing nice to say right now. So I better not say anything.

Glad I spent $0 on the tourney as well. May spend $0 on my season tickets next year as well.

Very disappointing season after the way we started.

Started the season saying we were going to be an up tempo team and run the floor. Finished not being able to score 60 pts a game.

You be the judge.
02-29-2012 10:30 PM
camelsinthecreek Offline
Water Engineer

Other than thinking about the obvious while watching the game online today, I thought about what a shame they just don’t play all the tournament games at campus sites. It looked to me that if you exclude the bands and cheerleaders, there were not 50 people at today’s game. Why don’t they just play all the games at home arena of the higher seed? Imagine how much better the atmosphere would have been if the CU had played its game tonight in Buies Creek? I would think that there would have been at least 2500 at the game and I bet the students would have made it a great fun/atmosphere for everyone (which I thought was the point of college athletics). Wouldn’t this make the regular season and higher seedings actually mean something by giving the higher seeds an advantage? I would also imagine that having all the games at night at campus sites would greatly increase overall attendance (i.e. gate receipts) for the tournament. It’s a shame the Big South is thinking of going the opposite direction and having all the games at a neutral site like Charlotte.
02-29-2012 11:04 PM
Advertisement

Mr. X Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cornell
Example 1. His record in the playoffs
Example 2. His record on the road
Example 3. 2010 we beat ETSU by 22 and then 2 weeks later we get beat by ETSU in the first round of the playoffs (oh wait i guess that goes back to point 1)
Example 4. We drop down in level of competition and cant win 20 games against a pathetic schedule
Example 5. The games against HBU. Win by 14 then lose by 11
Example 6 2008 Lipscomb game up 3 with under ten seconds and doesn't foul to put them on the line and KEEP EDDIE ARD (who had 35) from hitting a game tying 3
Example 7 and the only one I need The infamous 2009 Belmont game.

I can keep going if you would like but I am starting to get carpal tunnel from typing all of these.
02-29-2012 11:27 PM
OrangeCamel Offline

Last year's excuses (3-13 finish) were injuries and the scheduling with opposing teams repeatedly having more prep time than we did. I bought into both of those excuses.

It sounds like this year's excuse (3-7 finish) was the 9-day layoff preceding the BracketBusters game. Is that really going to wipe-out the remainder of the season? I might accept that for the Northwestern State game, but look at the games that followed...

The High Point debacle where the Camels didn't respond to playing a team trying to break into the top 6 on their Senior Night. Next, they go to Liberty about which a Liberty fan posted on their board that the Campbell players "looked so disinterested". Then yesterday, where Coach Laing states in the post-game that Winthrop "played with more passion than we did".

I just have to question the players' mindsets and attitudes.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 12:08 PM by OrangeCamel.)
03-01-2012 08:13 AM
oldcamel Offline
Water Engineer

Mr. X, thanks. Was just curious your thoughts on it. I do agree, I thought we would win 20. I didn't tink we would beat Iowa or ECU, and sweep CCU. But the HBU, UNCW, APP losses were bad, and Pres at home game was bad too.

I agree with OrangeCamel. Some of those bad losses early we were engaged, close games, etc. The last four games were a disaster.

Looking back as well, we were 8-1 without Lorne. He comes back and things fall apart. I'm not blaming him at all. Just makes me wonder about chemistry, Trey taking over the team and some maybe not liking it. Just got to wonder what happened there.
03-01-2012 11:27 AM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

I was saying the same thing about two months ago on here. There is a problem between several of the players. It was obvious to me.

The Presbyterian loss at home was it for me this year.

Except for Wintrop and CCU everyteam we beat the first time ate our lunch the second time we played them. They had our number and we really did not improve.

Robbie is either going to have to build a team that can win consistantly and finish a season or he is going to have to go. The time for excuses is over. The players, facilities and support from the university and fans is there. Now do somthing with it.
I hope he is successful.
03-03-2012 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.