Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A little about your self.
EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville
A little about your self.
I live in Hill View about a mile into northern Bullitt County, went to Bullitt Central in the 80's.

I'm 43

Became a louisville fan in 1983, back in the old Metro days.

Hate everything about Kensucky including our Basketball Coach. I still don't know what TJ was thinking when he hired that ass clown.
02-25-2012 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
RE: A little about your self.
I live in Floyds Knobs. Moved to Orange County, California a couple of years ago and came back to Louisville area last year because like Dave Loggins once said, "LA ain't my kind of town"...LOL.

I'm 48. I'm the VP of Global Operations for a Pharmaceutical Company.
Have been a Louisville fan since '71.

True Story: While flying between LA and Louisville, I had a brief lay-over in Vegas. I go to an airport bar to watch the Louisville game that is on. It happened to be David Padgett's senior season. As I was watching the game, an older couple came running into the bar asking whats the score?, whats the score?.

I happen to be sitting by the door and asked what score? and they said "the Louisville score." I told them the score and offered them seats at my table. After a few moments the lady noticed my shirt and said "you're a Louisville fan", I said yes I am. They said we are Dave and Kathy. We are David Padgett's God parents. Kathy says David was named after my husband. We are teachers in Reno and have just flew to Vegas for a conference. We laughed, exchanged numbers, I paid for their dinner, wished them well and caught my flight home.

Another True Story: Once set next to Erin Andrews on a flight from LA to Chicago. Would never have known it was her unless the FA had not asked her what she did and she said "I'm a side line reporter for ESPN".

I know my mouth fell open because I followed her up the jet-way to our seats. She had on a hoodie that Bill Belichick would be envious of and jeans that were 3 sizes too big for her. Honestly she looked like a homeless man. No way anyone could have ever recognized her. It's a shame too.
CJ
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 05:38 PM by CardinalJim.)
02-25-2012 05:35 PM
EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

Quote:She had on a hoodie that Bill Belichick would be envious of and jeans that were 3 sizes too big for her.

[Image: Man20Card-thumb-572xauto-146025.jpg]

[Image: large_image-1.jpg]
02-25-2012 05:46 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I live in St. Regis Park a 6th class city in the Louisville Metro.

I'm 62 years old.

I graduated from Denbigh high School in Newport News Virginia 1968.

I wrestled, ran track and played football. I was linebacker, Cornerback and tailback.

Attended my first UL game in October 1971.
Season tickerholder since 1976.
Graduated from UofL in 1977 BSC in business management.

My daugther was a Louisville Letterman, she was a football/basketball and baseball trainer trainer for Louisville and Male High School.

I am a Navy and Kentucky Army National Guard Veteran.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 08:03 PM by Wilkie01.)
02-25-2012 08:01 PM
EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

(02-25-2012 08:01 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  I live in St. Regis Park a 6th class city in the Louisville Metro.

I'm 62 years old.

I graduated from Denbigh high School in Newport News Virginia 1968.

I wrestled, ran track and played football. I was linebacker, Cornerback and tailback.

Attended my first UL game in October 1971.
Season tickerholder since 1976.
Graduated from UofL in 1977 BSC in business management.

My daugther was a Louisville Letterman, she was a football/basketball and baseball trainer trainer for Louisville and Male High School.

I am a Navy and Kentucky Army National Guard Veteran.

Don't want to make you sound old Wilkie, but I was born in 1968.03-old
02-25-2012 08:26 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Then 1968 was a good year. 04-cheers
02-25-2012 08:39 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
I was born in Nelson County but spent most of my time growing up in Oldham County. I ran cross country and track in college. I'm now in my early 30's, live in Cincinnati, and am an attorney.

My parents have had season tickets for football and basketball since the early '80's. My first game in Freedom Hall was probably around '87 and my first game at the old Cardinal Stadium was a down to the wire win over Memphis during the Fiesta Bowl season. In the late '90's and early 2000's I was able to attend nearly every game in both sports for a few years. Now I don't make it to as many games as I like with living out of town but I usually make a few games a year for both sports. Tomorrow will be my final basketball game of the year I can attend so I'm hoping for a nice performance.
02-25-2012 09:22 PM
Advertisement

EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

(02-25-2012 09:22 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  I was born in Nelson County but spent most of my time growing up in Oldham County. I ran cross country and track in college. I'm now in my early 30's, live in Cincinnati, and am an attorney.

My parents have had season tickets for football and basketball since the early '80's. My first game in Freedom Hall was probably around '87 and my first game at the old Cardinal Stadium was a down to the wire win over Memphis during the Fiesta Bowl season. In the late '90's and early 2000's I was able to attend nearly every game in both sports for a few years. Now I don't make it to as many games as I like with living out of town but I usually make a few games a year for both sports. Tomorrow will be my final basketball game of the year I can attend so I'm hoping for a nice performance.

I help build the Yum Center, but I have yet to go in there sence they opened it.

One day soon I hope.
02-25-2012 10:31 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I'm a utility/repairman in building 1 GE appliance park. Been there off and on since 1974. Left there got into insurance buisness for 10 years and grew tired of traveling, got married in 1987 to a lady from near Syracuse,NY had a Daughter in1989 whose a near Senior at UL.
I lived in south FL from 1959 -1969. I'm 59 from Louisville. Actually attended UK 1971-1972 and stayed in Holmes hall with the "Super Kittens" that had their reunion today at rupp .I graduated from Westport h.s. in 1971. Family always were UL as parents graduated from there. Wife also a big UL fan and has fun with the UK fans at KFB were she works when We beat them. I followed Denny Crum, Schnellenberger,John L,Petrino and Slick Rick. Had season tickets for years but I usually share tickets with some friends nowadays since Crackhead was there.getting full tickets this year though.
I live in the Lyndon Area and sometimes hang out at BoomBozz for a few beers during games. Great prices and food.
Also interested in Ford Mustangs. Own a ' 70 Mach 1, '91 GT convertible
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2012 12:24 AM by CardFan1.)
02-25-2012 10:44 PM
Advertisement

BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

Well I am 41, and a big Louisville fan here in Owensboro Kentucky. I use to be Oboro-Card over on the Urinal years ago, and TheBigOC on CardinalEmpire when it started up.

I've been here in Owensboro since moving from Louisville in 98, and like so many others I use to work at UPS ( ramp ) as well as the Airport. I remember going to many football games at old cardinal stadium especially when tickets were free. And watched the ground breaking of PJCS from the Watterson going home from work, and this past year finally able to attend my first game since old cardinal stadium, but unfortunately we lost to Pitt.

The reasoning behind my username BigOwensboroCard is not that I am a big fan, but I am 6'7" and change and go about 290, and live here in Owensboro.

You would be amazed to know that since being here since 98 that Owensboro is a pUKe town go figure, but the split is probably a good 60/40 IMO. I honestly think that pUKe does own the state, but not by the numbers they think.
02-26-2012 01:56 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
I am 36, from Louisville, and still live here. Went to Oldham County High while growing up in Goshen. I've been UL fan all my life, have had season tickets off and on in football for a few years, and split a season ticket package in basketball now. I have a construction management background, but not building anything these days, I'm actually using my background to travel around to visit properties to put together reports for property owners tax returns......boring but recession proof, pays well, and the travel is nice, was just in Minot, North Dakota of all places last week. I'm looking into the renewable energy business now a days and hope to get a small biz set up with that this summer. The goal is to make it successful enough to pay cash for suites at the soon to be 80k seat football stadium sharing a conference game between OU vs UL and a KU vs UL conference basketball game at the Yum.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2012 06:13 AM by dgrace4cards.)
02-26-2012 06:08 AM
cardshouse Offline
UofL 4 Playoff!

I Root For: UofL Cardinals
I live in Mt. Washington, Ky. A suburb of Louisville located in Bullitt County, most of you know that Im sure. I moved here from NC in 1993...Yes I like UNC as well but not as much as I LOVE the CARDS! Went to my first football game in 1993 and was hooked. Obtained season tickets in 2002 and have never looked back. I hate KENSUCKY & I hate PUKE.....Best CARDINAL moments for me....Beating UK anytime, meeting Felton Spencer in Nashville during Mid. Tenn. St. game, getting a letter from a russian volleyball player on the CARDS team thanking us for donating, storming the field after our victory over Florida St., beating the hell out of Miami after their QB ran his mouth mocking our program...I could go on and on....Im 34 years old and I do not pitch for the other team if you know what I mean. I have two great kids & a wonderful wife of 12 years. I like to sandblast, powdercoat, bass fish, play drums, play golf & basketball and rock out to good music.....I love yeggers too...lol.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2012 04:10 AM by cardshouse.)
02-27-2012 04:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.