Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Attention all Big East Posters.
EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville

I'm not happy with what I am about to do, because I think that everyone should have a different opinion than what I or someone else think's.

Now with that said, I let TopCoog hang around because I love the fact that he makes all this prediction, and they usually come back to bite him in his butt.

I just sit back and let the Man hang himself.

But it has come to my attention that a lot of you regulars are not happy with my decision to allow him to continue to post here.

So I'll leave the fate of TopCoog in your hands.

Here's how we are going to work this. First off if you are not a Big East fan don't reply. Second don't just say ban him or keep him, in your response put the Big East school you pull for, and then reply with your response.

I will leave this up until January 1, I'll then count the vote, and you and not me will determent TopCoogs fate.

I will never ban someone with out the consent of every member of this board.

EnterSandman

<span style='color:red'>Louisville</span>

I will not vote on TopCoog fate, it's up to you guy's/
12-16-2004 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats

I am say NO! on the Banishment for TopCoog. Since the Ignore Button, has been the best tool available

<span style='color:red'>UCBearcat4ever</span>

CINCINNATI
12-16-2004 06:12 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

$0.02: Polling about troublesome posters will only inflame the situation. Take stock of the situation, especially the views of posters that are exceedingly levelheaded and rational... make a decision based upon that and the general opinion.

:wave:
12-16-2004 08:13 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Jackson1011

West Virginia University

I vote to ban him
12-16-2004 08:25 PM
ULCARDINALS Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I think he should be suspended for a month. If he acts up after that, ban em'.
12-16-2004 09:04 PM
Advertisement

EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville

ULCARDINALS Wrote:I think he should be suspended for a month. If he acts up after that, ban em'.
Yes or No ULCARDINALS, it's up to you guy's.

It's either ban ToopCoog or quit complaining (and I know that your not complaining ULCARDINALS).
12-16-2004 09:12 PM
ULCARDINALS Offline
1st String

I Root For:

EnterSandman Wrote:
ULCARDINALS Wrote:I think he should be suspended for a month.&nbsp; If he acts up after that, ban em'.
Yes or No ULCARDINALS, it's up to you guy's.

It's either ban ToopCoog or quit complaining (and I know that your not complaining ULCARDINALS).
Actually....I do complain about him in other threads. If it's yes or no ONLY.....BOOT EM'!!!!
12-16-2004 09:48 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Boot him. Make the same argument every post and has nothing to back up his claims.
12-16-2004 11:50 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

UC fan says Top Coog has worn out his welcome. It's time for him to be booted.
12-16-2004 11:53 PM
Advertisement

ajsuess Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I think it sets a bad precedent to ban him so I would vote against it. His main crime is being annoying which is different from being offensive. At worst I think he should be "officially" warned not to do certain things(still to be defined) and then if he does not comply he would need to be evaluated again.
12-17-2004 12:11 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

UCONN fan

Ban him. He adds nothing to any discussion except flames.
12-17-2004 02:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BatonRougeEscapee Offline
1st String

I Root For: GEAUX TIGERS &

LOUISVILLE

Ban him. Anyone interested can check his material out at the CUSA board. It's the same tired schtick.
12-17-2004 03:49 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

I hate banning people, and I think he could bring different views in to the conversations on this board. He needs to be given an ultimatum that either he learns some etiquette and stops posting old, tired views with no proof other than his own opinion (which he does over and over and over, I guess he wants us to be sure we know his view) or he is banned.

No on the ban, give him the ultimatum
UC
12-17-2004 08:15 AM
Advertisement

vinman3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Big 12

ajsuess Wrote:I think it sets a bad precedent to ban him so I would vote against it. His main crime is being annoying which is different from being offensive. At worst I think he should be "officially" warned not to do certain things(still to be defined) and then if he does not comply he would need to be evaluated again.
I would have to agree with this opinion. Different opinions are not a bad thing, even if they are annoying. I understand the opinions of those who want him banned, but I think that it would be one thing if he was just blantantly offensive, but to offer opinions, even unsubstantiated or wrong ones, I don't think that is grounds for dismissal. But hey, that's me :)

You want flaming check out the ESPN's BEAST boards or Steelers board, there you will find hardcore flaming. Not sure TopCoog has risen to that status, but maybe he has. I say no ban, unless he really rises to troll status.
12-17-2004 08:33 AM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

[Image: p_ignore.gif]

ever since I found this little button I haven't had any problems
12-17-2004 09:02 AM
bearcat65 Online
All American

I Root For:

I say don't ban him. Sandman is right. Topcoog makes himself look foolish and he is pretty harmless. Besides I'm looking forward to see how he reacts when Louisville wins their bowl and finishes top 10 for this season. That is his standard of excellence after all.
12-17-2004 09:03 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

No - unless he is getting personal or using foul language, leave him on. We don't have to read it.
12-17-2004 09:12 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.