Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Way to early Big 12 football predictions
Bookmark and Share
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
Way to early Big 12 football predictions
So what are expectations for your football team this year in the Big 12?

I don't know who or what 1-8 will be but I have a feeling that Tech and Kansas will be 9-10. I just don't have a lot of faith in ole Pine Box Tommy.

Definitely has some talent on campus but to many coaching questions for me.

I expect Tech to go 4-8 or maybe 5-7.
02-17-2012 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Way to early Big 12 football predictions
I have no idea where WVU will end up. But the schedule, and the returning talent, sets this season up for WVU to be capable of winning the Big XII in their first season...
02-18-2012 07:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I'll go with:

1 Oklahoma
2 WVU
3 TCU
4 Texas
5 Oklahoma State
6 Baylor
7 Kansas State
8 Texas Tech
9 Iowa State
10 Kansas
02-18-2012 07:41 PM
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU & Wisconsin
My predictions

Oklahoma
WVU
Texas
TCU
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Iowa State
Texas Tech
Kansas
02-19-2012 01:06 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
What exactly is Okla State losing from this years team to where none of you put them in the running??? I think with Oklahoma's QB coming back for another year puts them in the running of top dog, and with Okla State running second if they haven't lost alot from this years team. I can see Kansas State 3rd if not 2nd with Texas rebounding with a better year, but not top dog. I see both TCU and WVU running in the middle of the pack just do to playing bigger and better competition week in and week out, but both programs will be coming into the fold with winning on their mind. With the usual prospect rounding out the conference with Baylor, TT, Kansas and Iowa State.
02-19-2012 04:09 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

OSU loses QB Brandon Weedon to graduation, and top WR Justin Blackmon declared early...
02-19-2012 04:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

Oklahoma State also gained 44 turnovers last year and were +21 on the season in turnover margin. That is one of those stats that typically evens itself out in the long run. They forced 5 more turnovers than the #2 team in the category and 10 more than the #3 team.
02-19-2012 05:58 PM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

(02-19-2012 04:09 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  What exactly is Okla State losing from this years team to where none of you put them in the running??? I think with Oklahoma's QB coming back for another year puts them in the running of top dog, and with Okla State running second if they haven't lost alot from this years team. I can see Kansas State 3rd if not 2nd with Texas rebounding with a better year, but not top dog. I see both TCU and WVU running in the middle of the pack just do to playing bigger and better competition week in and week out, but both programs will be coming into the fold with winning on their mind. With the usual prospect rounding out the conference with Baylor, TT, Kansas and Iowa State.

The sad part is that Mike usually had us in 3rd or 4th place. Thanks to Hance and now Tubby, I can't argue with that prediction although some on our scout site think Tubby rules the Universe and will win 8-9 games this season.

OSU lost their Stud QB and WR. I think OSU will be OK but not like 2011. OU has as good shot as any. West Virginia could be in the mix. Kansas will be Kansas. K-State, not sure how they will do but Snyder is heck of a coach. Baylor loses RG3 but the back-up might be alright. He did torch Tech for 35 or so this past season which isn't saying much.
02-19-2012 08:55 PM
BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
(02-19-2012 01:06 PM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  My predictions

Oklahoma
WVU
Texas
TCU
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Iowa State
Texas Tech
Kansas
This looks about right to me. While it's been a done deal for a long time, it's really odd to see such a list without aTm or Missouri on it.
02-20-2012 11:46 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Get used to it, Phogman... 04-cheers
02-20-2012 12:27 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
(02-20-2012 11:46 AM)BewareThePhog Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 01:06 PM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  My predictions

Oklahoma
WVU
Texas
TCU
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Iowa State
Texas Tech
Kansas
This looks about right to me. While it's been a done deal for a long time, it's really odd to see such a list without aTm or Missouri on it.

You will see them in a list that looks like this:

LSU
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
A&M
Missouri
MSU
Mississippi

Year in and year out.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2012 12:32 PM by Tigeer.)
02-20-2012 12:32 PM
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

(02-19-2012 08:55 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 04:09 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  What exactly is Okla State losing from this years team to where none of you put them in the running??? I think with Oklahoma's QB coming back for another year puts them in the running of top dog, and with Okla State running second if they haven't lost alot from this years team. I can see Kansas State 3rd if not 2nd with Texas rebounding with a better year, but not top dog. I see both TCU and WVU running in the middle of the pack just do to playing bigger and better competition week in and week out, but both programs will be coming into the fold with winning on their mind. With the usual prospect rounding out the conference with Baylor, TT, Kansas and Iowa State.

The sad part is that Mike usually had us in 3rd or 4th place. Thanks to Hance and now Tubby, I can't argue with that prediction although some on our scout site think Tubby rules the Universe and will win 8-9 games this season.

OSU lost their Stud QB and WR. I think OSU will be OK but not like 2011. OU has as good shot as any. West Virginia could be in the mix. Kansas will be Kansas. K-State, not sure how they will do but Snyder is heck of a coach. Baylor loses RG3 but the back-up might be alright. He did torch Tech for 35 or so this past season which isn't saying much.

Tubby seems to recruit well (at least in the opinion of the recruiting services), so it will be interesting to see how much Tech improves. I know they picked up a lot of JUCO guys in this class with hope of some immediate contribution on the defensive side of the ball.

Tech had been incredibly consistent and occasionally very good under Dykes and then Leach. Missing a bowl last year was a big deal, something that hadn't happened in Lubbock since the 1992 season.
02-20-2012 04:53 PM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

(02-20-2012 04:53 PM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  Tubby seems to recruit well (at least in the opinion of the recruiting services), so it will be interesting to see how much Tech improves. I know they picked up a lot of JUCO guys in this class with hope of some immediate contribution on the defensive side of the ball.

Tech had been incredibly consistent and occasionally very good under Dykes and then Leach. Missing a bowl last year was a big deal, something that hadn't happened in Lubbock since the 1992 season.

Tubby has recruited very well in Lubbock but his coaching decisions are what drive most Tech fans crazy as well as the blowout losses to Iowa St, UT, Okla St and Baylor. If he doesn't win more 8 games or more, I feel like he is gone which is OK with me.

Actually we were bowl eligible in 99 but got selected over OU who we beat that season. We had 11 straight bowling season but were eligible almost every season since the 92 season. A lot of Tech fans are upset that string got broken.
02-22-2012 08:09 PM
Advertisement

tcufrog86 Offline
All American

(02-22-2012 08:09 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  
(02-20-2012 04:53 PM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  Tubby seems to recruit well (at least in the opinion of the recruiting services), so it will be interesting to see how much Tech improves. I know they picked up a lot of JUCO guys in this class with hope of some immediate contribution on the defensive side of the ball.

Tubby has recruited very well in Lubbock but his coaching decisions are what drive most Tech fans crazy as well as the blowout losses to Iowa St, UT, Okla St and Baylor. If he doesn't win more 8 games or more, I feel like he is gone which is OK with me.

Actually we were bowl eligible in 99 but got selected over OU who we beat that season. We had 11 straight bowling season but were eligible almost every season since the 92 season. A lot of Tech fans are upset that string got broken.

The Iowa State game was the most surprising. The Cyclones were a decent team last year, but they don't have the talent that Texas Tech has. Tech's defense was like a sieve against the Iowa State running game.
02-23-2012 09:54 AM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

(02-23-2012 09:54 AM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  The Iowa State game was the most surprising. The Cyclones were a decent team last year, but they don't have the talent that Texas Tech has. Tech's defense was like a sieve against the Iowa State running game.

After we beat OU, Tommy came out and begged the fans to show up for the Iowa St game. Tech fans showed up( 59,260 largest crowd last season) and then Tommy laid an egg.

We were sky high and should have destroyed ISU. But it didn't happen. 5 straight losses to end the season.
02-23-2012 02:14 PM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
Somebody say way to early football predictions?

East
1. UL
2. OU
3. WVU
4. OSU
5. TCU
6. ISU

West
1. Texas
2. KSU
3. T Tech
4. BYU
5. KU
6. Baylor

Champ Game
UL vs UT

Lets come back to this in a year.......
02-26-2012 04:08 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
1.)Oklahoma (A mid-season loss, at home, to a bad Notre Dame team - will be OU's only blemish.
2.)Kansas State
3.)Texas*
4.)West Virginia*
5.)Texas Christian
6.)Oklahoma State
7.)Baylor
8.)Texas Tech
9.)Iowa State
10.)Kansas

*Whoever wins the Texas-WVU game gets 3rd place. I went with Texas, because they're the home team.*
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 07:07 PM by OrangeCrush22.)
02-28-2012 07:07 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(02-28-2012 07:07 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  1.)Oklahoma (A mid-season loss, at home, to a bad Notre Dame team - will be OU's only blemish.
2.)Kansas State
3.)Texas*
4.)West Virginia*
5.)Texas Christian
6.)Oklahoma State
7.)Baylor
8.)Texas Tech
9.)Iowa State
10.)Kansas

*Whoever wins the Texas-WVU game gets 3rd place. I went with Texas, because they're the home team.*
We must revisit this at season's end... 07-coffee3
02-29-2012 09:47 AM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(02-29-2012 09:47 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(02-28-2012 07:07 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  1.)Oklahoma (A mid-season loss, at home, to a bad Notre Dame team - will be OU's only blemish.
2.)Kansas State
3.)Texas*
4.)West Virginia*
5.)Texas Christian
6.)Oklahoma State
7.)Baylor
8.)Texas Tech
9.)Iowa State
10.)Kansas

We must revisit this at season's end... 07-coffee3

Haha, I pretty much pulled it outta my ass. 03-razz

I could see any of the teams I have in the top 5 winning the XII.
02-29-2012 07:48 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(02-29-2012 07:48 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Haha, I pretty much pulled it outta my ass. 03-razz
I knew there was some reason it smelled funky... 03-banghead
02-29-2012 08:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.