Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

And it's Donald Little with the game winner over Wade,Crean and the Eagles
Bookmark and Share
shocknawe Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Bearcats
And it's Donald Little with the game winner over Wade,Crean and the Eagles
2002- 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been that long. That was a friday night game at the shoe I believe. Marquette had beaten the bearcats team 4 straight times before that win. That season was a masterful coaching job by Huggs. I thought since today was another chapter in this great rivalry we could all enjoy this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ESUwsdI-M4

02-11-2012 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

airjrdan08 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: And it's Donald Little with the game winner over Wade,Crean and the Eagles
I miss those uni's sooo much.

What ever happened to Coach Goggin??

02-11-2012 10:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chip Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC
I wish the Big East was as exciting as the old CUSA !!

Maybe it was Huggs...

I donno, it's just not the same as it was 10 years ago !!!

(02-11-2012 10:25 AM)shocknawe Wrote:  2002- 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been that long. That was a friday night game at the shoe I believe. Marquette had beaten the bearcats team 4 straight times before that win. That season was a masterful coaching job by Huggs. I thought since today was another chapter in this great rivalry we could all enjoy this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ESUwsdI-M4

02-11-2012 11:03 AM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
That win was one of the best. Probably the finest moment for D. Little. But watching that video made me kind of sad.

The Shoe used to rock. The fans used to pack it in and were really loud. UC Bearcat Basketball was the team you could count on in Cincinnati to win and win a lot. Our students were crazy and it used to be hard to get a student ticket. Now sometimes they show up sometimes they don't.

We have come back part of the way but we are nowhere near what we used to be. I want the Jordan unis back and I want to be a king of college basketball again. I want a team that intimidates their opponents and enforces their will. Bring back the swagger!

: (

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 11:12 AM by mptnstr@44.)
02-11-2012 11:11 AM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
QSECOFR and his son were at that game. One of the best/loudest games at the Shoe ever!

02-11-2012 11:12 AM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
One other thing, Huggs sure has aged in the last 10 years.

02-11-2012 11:13 AM
Advertisement

bungles Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The Steelers
That was the loudest I have ever heard the Shoe.

02-11-2012 11:25 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Too bad Donald failed to parlay that moment into better things. That's all I have to say about that.

What a terrific game!

02-11-2012 11:37 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Another reason why I believe UC belongs with DePaul, Marquette, and Memphis in the Big East. I miss the good old days of the Great Midwest and Conference-USA because of the rivalries we had. The Big East has been exciting but the Marquette and Louisville games are not the same because UC was down and it seemed most years the Cats only played those schools once a year.

There has been some exciting games against Syracuse, Pitt, UConn, Georgetown, St. John's, Villanova, and WVU over the last few years but not enough games at the level of that UC-Marquette game from 2002.

02-11-2012 11:49 AM
BringBackthe Glory Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcat Nation
(02-11-2012 11:03 AM)chip Wrote:  I wish the Big East was as exciting as the old CUSA !!

Maybe it was Huggs...

I donno, it's just not the same as it was 10 years ago !!!

I hear you. Indeed, it was The Big Man that made it like that. Sadly, it will never be like that again and that's no knock on Mick either, two different people - with two different styles. I still love the Cats, but it's not the same.

02-11-2012 11:50 AM
BringBackthe Glory Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcat Nation
(02-11-2012 11:11 AM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  That win was one of the best. Probably the finest moment for D. Little. But watching that video made me kind of sad.

The Shoe used to rock. The fans used to pack it in and were really loud. UC Bearcat Basketball was the team you could count on in Cincinnati to win and win a lot. Our students were crazy and it used to be hard to get a student ticket. Now sometimes they show up sometimes they don't.

We have come back part of the way but we are nowhere near what we used to be. I want the Jordan unis back and I want to be a king of college basketball again. I want a team that intimidates their opponents and enforces their will. Bring back the swagger!

: (

IMO that two week period starting with that game was the most exciting time of the Huggs era. That incredible game with Marquette was just the beginning. Louisville put the hurt on UC the next game which setup the epic matchup for all the marbles with Memphis.

That Memphis game and the Marquette game were arguably the most exciting and hard fought UC victories in the Bob Huggin's era at The Shoemaker Center.

There was no doubt in my mind after the way they won the Memphis game that they were going to break out the extra large family size can of whupass for the CUSA tourney down on the river. Incredible year. Great memories.

02-11-2012 11:58 AM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Thing that sucks about the Big East is that they've yet to make Louisville one of our mirror games. We've had Pitt, UConn, DePaul, Marquette, and USF a few times, but UL is our main rival and we play only once a year. Not sure what the BE office is thinking on this matter.

I'm glad that St. John's is growing into a regular rivalry-type game. It's important for us to have a NYC rival, given Mick's recruiting. That's one mirror game I've been warming up to.

02-11-2012 11:59 AM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows
I'll always remember thinking to myself, ”Oh no, why is he shooting?” Quickly followed by obnoxious jubilation.

02-11-2012 12:29 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
The Shoe was absolutely rocking late that season. I remember there was a ton of speculation that Huggins was going to go to WVU. After the insane win against Memphis where Logan tied it going coast to coast at the end of regulation, and UC locked up yet another Conference USA championship I remember staying at the shoe for like a half hour. No one was leaving. Everyone was cheering, yelling, waiting for the team to come back out. Huggins addressed the crowd. It might be my favorite Bearcat basketball memory and that team is without a doubt my favorite Bearcat team (even more than the ridiculous Kmart team). That team had no business being as good as they were, but Logan was unreal the entire season and they played great defense. Logan was the only consistent scorer on the team (though Stokes would score in stretches).

02-11-2012 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
Great clip. I hated plenty of UC's rivals, but Dwayne Wade and Tom Crean are two guys who I really enjoyed. I find myself rooting for Crean at IU and what Wade did to UK in the Final Four puts him in a special place in my heart.

I know we've talked about this before, but I wonder how much it would cost Adidas to buy that design from Jordan. If Adidas wanted to make a crap load of money they would make those the Bearcat jerseys again. I would buy another in addition to the two I already own along with that white warmup.

02-11-2012 12:50 PM
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
....and when Little was asked in the postgame what was going through his mind as he found himself with the ball to shoot, with seconds remaining, he responded "all I could think was.........'Satterfield'".

I'll never forget him saying that.

02-11-2012 10:20 PM
Advertisement

BearcatDave Offline
All American

I Root For:
I was at that game in 2002, and even met dick vitale after the game. I had the best tickets ive ever had and got it by totally lucking into a ticket to the soldout game when a guy had an extra and sold it to me for face value. I remember posting about the crazy night on cusatalk.

Great night. Hard to believe it was ten years also. Been a super busy 10 years for me. Was in grad school for my first masters degree at that time

02-11-2012 10:27 PM
OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
(02-11-2012 11:12 AM)QSECOFR Wrote:  QSECOFR and his son were at that game. One of the best/loudest games at the Shoe ever!

I too was at that game, and many other memorable ones I might add. Our seats were in section 120. I usually had to drag my wife out into the cold night to do so, but once she got there, she loved it. I only had one local customer, but I received constant requests from their purchasing people and engineers for our other two tickets.

Huggins was at the very least as big as the basketball program, and we went to see him as a part of the show. That is something missing with today's UC basketball.

On the other hand, Huggs did receive a lot of help from being in a very winnable conference, and from OSU being down almost for the count. We picked up several great Ohio prospects during that time.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 09:25 AM by OneUChoopsfan.)
02-12-2012 09:25 AM
SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
(02-12-2012 09:25 AM)OneUChoopsfan Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 11:12 AM)QSECOFR Wrote:  QSECOFR and his son were at that game. One of the best/loudest games at the Shoe ever!

I too was at that game, and many other memorable ones I might add. Our seats were in section 120. I usually had to drag my wife out into the cold night to do so, but once she got there, she loved it. I only had one local customer, but I received constant requests from their purchasing people and engineers for our other two tickets.

Huggins was at the very least as big as the basketball program, and we went to see him as a part of the show. That is something missing with today's UC basketball.

On the other hand, Huggs did receive a lot of help from being in a very winnable conference, and from OSU being down almost for the count. We picked up several great Ohio prospects during that time.

That's back when I became a Bearcat, lived in the dorms and went to all the games. I only have been a Bearcat for 10 years or so 04-cheers
I loved playing Louisville and Marquette back in those days...Reece Gaines, Fransico Garcia, Taquan Dean and Rick Pitino...Dwayne Wade, Steve Novak, Travis Diener and Tom Crean. Beating those teams back in College cemented my foundation as a lifelong fan.

The shoe was also rocking nicely during this 2003 Louisville game as well.

The two football games that made me feel Cincinnati was a top 25 football program was OSU in 2002 and Rutgers in 2006

02-14-2012 12:19 PM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
What a game! i remember celebrating at 2:00 in the morning at the Waterfront and the place went crazy when Donald walked in.
That shot had to be his best moment as a Bearcat!

02-14-2012 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.