Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The only thing that makes sense
Bookmark and Share
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

I Root For: Los NIU Huskies
The only thing that makes sense
If the "alliance" doesn't go through, the only thing that makes sense for C-DOA is to try to steal Temple and UMass and add ODU and JMU.

That would give them 12 with 2 divisions of 6. The East would look like this:

EAST
UMass
Temple
JMU
ODU
ECU
Marshall

The only problem is that C-DOA likes to think that it is too good to take in FCS upgrades and this scenario would require 3 in one shot.

But the other option would be to take in SBC teams (which they also seem to think they are too good for) or break up the MWC and steal some of their teams. But the MWC is the one in the position of power of the two and likely the reason why the "alliance" wouldn't go through, so C-DOA would very likely not be able to steal from the MWC, just like they wouldn't be able to take from the MAC.

Very limited options for 'lil C-DOA.

I don't see how the above scenario would be attractive to either Temple or UMass, but especially UMass. They have to try to make the jump up to FBS and all the expenses that come with that including a stadium upgrade, extra scholarships, etc. for them to make such a risky and potentially very expensive move. I would think that this option may also fall under the "C-DOA unable to do" leaving them really just crossing their fingers that the MWC doesn't leave them high and dry.

EDIT: I guess they could be trying to steal Temple, UMass, Ohio, and Buffalo. But that be one of the least possible scenarios.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 03:44 PM by Howl-n-Prowl.)
02-10-2012 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
RE: The only thing that makes sense
(02-10-2012 03:40 PM)Howl-n-Prowl Wrote:  If the "alliance" doesn't go through, the only thing that makes sense for C-DOA is to try to steal Temple and UMass and add ODU and JMU.

That would give them 12 with 2 divisions of 6. The East would look like this:

EAST
UMass
Temple
JMU
ODU
ECU
Marshall

The only problem is that C-DOA likes to think that it is too good to take in FCS upgrades and this scenario would require 3 in one shot.

But the other option would be to take in SBC teams (which they also seem to think they are too good for) or break up the MWC and steal some of their teams. But the MWC is the one in the position of power of the two and likely the reason why the "alliance" wouldn't go through, so C-DOA would very likely not be able to steal from the MWC, just like they wouldn't be able to take from the MAC.

Very limited options for 'lil C-DOA.

I don't see how the above scenario would be attractive to either Temple or UMass, but especially UMass. They have to try to make the jump up to FBS and all the expenses that come with that including a stadium upgrade, extra scholarships, etc. for them to make such a risky and potentially very expensive move. I would think that this option may also fall under the "C-DOA unable to do" leaving them really just crossing their fingers that the MWC doesn't leave them high and dry.

EDIT: I guess they could be trying to steal Temple, UMass, Ohio, and Buffalo. But that be one of the least possible scenarios.

Not if hte CUSA fans have a say they look at Buffalo as a lesser option than, literally, anyone else.
02-10-2012 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

I Root For: Los NIU Huskies
(02-10-2012 03:48 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  Not if hte CUSA fans have a say they look at Buffalo as a lesser option than, literally, anyone else.

Heck, dem Buffaloes, wif their AAU and their "learnin". Don't y'all know college is fer football.

Imbeciles.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 03:51 PM by Howl-n-Prowl.)
02-10-2012 03:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(02-10-2012 03:50 PM)Howl-n-Prowl Wrote:  
(02-10-2012 03:48 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  Not if the CUSA fans have a say they look at Buffalo as a lesser option than, literally, anyone else.

Heck, dem Buffaloes, wif their AAU and their "learnin". Don't y'all know college is fer football.

Imbeciles.

Its the 13K average crowd we pulled in. Many here have warned me just how important academics is to CDOA but I've never seen it so blatantly displayed.

Btu I had an epiphany when they said it... So what... Let them try to raid the MAC if they fail it will be funny and if the succeed it will not be as funny. Either way I would not trade a single university in CUSA for the education I received at UB.
02-10-2012 03:53 PM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
Bull, would you want Buffalo to accept an invite to C-USA if offered? I saw you on the C-USA board listing all the things that Buffalo would offer the conference.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 04:20 PM by MUsince96.)
02-10-2012 04:20 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(02-10-2012 03:53 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(02-10-2012 03:48 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  Not if the CUSA fans have a say they look at Buffalo as a lesser option than, literally, anyone else.

Imbeciles.

Its the 13K average crowd we pulled in. Many here have warned me just how important academics is to CDOA but I've never seen it so blatantly displayed.

Btu I had an epiphany when they said it... So what... Let them try to raid the MAC if they fail it will be funny and if the succeed it will not be as funny. Either way I would not trade a single university in CUSA for the education I received at UB.

Not a knock on UB, but Rice is pretty well respected.

Then again, are they in CUSA? They've changed members so often I can't recall who's in and who's not.
02-10-2012 04:22 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(02-10-2012 04:20 PM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Bull, would you want Buffalo to accept an invite to C-USA if offered? I saw you on the C-USA board listing all the things that Buffalo would offer the conference.

It all depends on who else is going along...

If you invited enough north eastern institutions of a high enough academic caliber? Sure... If you mean as is? No F'n way! The money (after travel) would be at best a slight upgrade the level of competition (after you lose Houston, SMU, Memph, UCH) is again just a very slight upgrade. You just lost the liberty bowl and you may lose one more..

That and the lower academic profiles of many CUSA schools, especially those in the East, make it a wholly unattractive conference..

Now if some how you were getting Buffalo, UMass, Temple, OU... That would be tempting.
02-10-2012 05:47 PM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(02-10-2012 04:22 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(02-10-2012 03:53 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Imbeciles.

Not a knock on UB, but Rice is pretty well respected.

Then again, are they in CUSA? They've changed members so often I can't recall who's in and who's not.

Yea rice slipped my mind....
02-10-2012 05:48 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(02-10-2012 04:20 PM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Bull, would you want Buffalo to accept an invite to C-USA if offered? I saw you on the C-USA board listing all the things that Buffalo would offer the conference.

On the board I was responding to a 'buffalo sucks' post.. School and city pride, not a desire to be in CUSA, led that post.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 05:52 PM by Bull_In_Exile.)
02-10-2012 05:49 PM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
Buffalo would not be a bad move for CUSA as they bring a large state to the table in the eastern timezone.

On top of that the academics are top notch....
02-10-2012 05:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.