I Root For: UAB
CUSA Board to Discuss MWC Merger
02-08-2012 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: CUSA Board to Discuss MWC Merger
This is similar to what I posted on the other thread.

Quote:Heres my idea: Four divisions, four teams each to help develop regional rivalries.

Pacific: Hawaii, Fresno St., Nevada, and UNLV

Mountain: AFA, CSU, New Mexico, Wyoming

South: Tulsa, Rice, UTEP, Tulane

Atlantic: ECU, Marshall, UAB, USM

9 conference games a year and you play the 3 other teams in your division every year. Then you play 2 teams from the other 3 divisions, and rotate the remaining two teams every other year.

I would only do 8 conference games a year though instead of 9.

Looks like Hawaii would be football only so we need to pick up one basketball only school.

How about Butler? For Basketball just do an East and a West add Butler and ship UTEP to the West for basketball.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 03:22 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
02-08-2012 03:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Is Commish Brittany a wimp or what?

We would like to thank the Big East for notifying us that they don't plan on taking any more of our teams.
02-08-2012 03:23 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Is he still in the fetal position or has he stood up yet?
02-08-2012 03:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazerjay Offline

Donators
C-USA has also already been in contact with Temple:

From CBSSports.com
Quote:After Memphis’ decision to leave for the Big East on Tuesday, Conference USA officials immediately contacted Temple to gauge the Owls’ interest in moving from the Mid-American Conference to C-USA, college football industry sources told CBSSports.com.

Temple thought it would receive the Big East’s invitation and was stunned the Big East invited Memphis. The Owls were former Big East members before getting dismissed from the league in 2004. Temple has been a member of the MAC since 2007 and in the past three seasons has a 26-12 record under former coach Al Golden and current coach Steve Addazio.

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.co...2/34753656
02-08-2012 03:24 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

If the merger does not happen bring Temple and add Butler, Charlotte, & VCU.
02-08-2012 03:41 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Sounds good to me.
02-08-2012 03:42 PM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
(02-08-2012 03:41 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  If the merger does not happen bring Temple and add Butler, Charlotte, & VCU.

That's close...I'd also send UTEP packing and bring in ODU or Western Kentucky.
02-08-2012 04:00 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I was just chatting with Jon Solomon today & for some reason like a lot of others, he thinks that they merger thing would be bad for CUSA & they should instead pick up Sun Belt teams.

I tried to explain to him the following:

2 - 8 team divisions
Football - play other 7 in division with 1 from other division each year (1 being at home every other year)

Basketball - play other 7 in division - home & home & play 4 from other division each year (2 home & 2 away)

Other sports are similar.

What is so difficult about this? It isn't like we are travelling to Hawaii 8 more times each year.

Heck, for the other sports you may not even need to play a team from the other division until championship time.
02-08-2012 04:06 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
If we do the MWC thing, I definitely want to play every team in the conference at least once. At least you can recruit and say you'll get to go to Vegas and Hawaii every other year if we do that.
02-08-2012 04:20 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

(02-08-2012 04:06 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I was just chatting with Jon Solomon today & for some reason like a lot of others, he thinks that they merger thing would be bad for CUSA & they should instead pick up Sun Belt teams.

I tried to explain to him the following:

2 - 8 team divisions
Football - play other 7 in division with 1 from other division each year (1 being at home every other year)

Basketball - play other 7 in division - home & home & play 4 from other division each year (2 home & 2 away)

Other sports are similar.

What is so difficult about this? It isn't like we are travelling to Hawaii 8 more times each year.

Heck, for the other sports you may not even need to play a team from the other division until championship time.

That's what I keep saying. BTW hawaii would be football only.

I think the merger is a no-brainer.
02-08-2012 04:36 PM
Advertisement

bladhmadh Offline
All American

(02-08-2012 03:23 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Is Commish Brittany a wimp or what?

We would like to thank the Big East for notifying us that they don't plan on taking any more of our teams.

And just what would you have done to prevent Memphis from going? Memphis has been acting like a two dollar whore in a bus station bathroom for the past five years trying to get in the big east
02-08-2012 04:44 PM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

Would like the merger, with schools like Butler, VCU, ODU, etc. for basketball only.
02-08-2012 04:45 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

(02-08-2012 04:44 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

And just what would you have done to prevent Memphis from going? Memphis has been acting like a two dollar whore in a bus station bathroom for the past five years trying to get in the big east

The bigger Wimpy part is him thanking the Big East for not taking any more teams, IMO.
02-08-2012 05:44 PM
smcleod Offline
Bench Warmer

At Pleasant Grove high school we had three football players sign with UNA, and they told me that UNA might be joining C-USA. Anyone else heard anything about this?
02-08-2012 07:41 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
I still like the idea of adding FIU to keep a league presence (for recruiting) in Florida. If we have to choose between VA teams, I like Charlotte over VCU, but I would hope to not have to choose. What MAC teams might welcome a chance to play in our "sandbox"?

Wouldn't it be interesting if the first 16 team "Superconference" was based upon C-USA realignment?
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 07:54 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
02-08-2012 07:50 PM
Advertisement

oldblazer79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: my kids, UAB
(02-08-2012 07:41 PM)smcleod Wrote:  At Pleasant Grove high school we had three football players sign with UNA, and they told me that UNA might be joining C-USA. Anyone else heard anything about this?
NO.
02-08-2012 08:02 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

(02-08-2012 05:44 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 04:44 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

The bigger Wimpy part is him thanking the Big East for not taking any more teams, IMO.

the simple fact is there is not a damn thing he can do to keep a school from going to a better conference.
02-08-2012 08:19 PM
GreenMississippi Online
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
(02-08-2012 07:50 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Wouldn't it be interesting if the first 16 team "Superconference" was based upon C-USA realignment?
Actually, the first 16 team "Superconference" was the WAC in 1996-1999. Much more regionally reasonable back then. The only reason "Super" has been thrown around is because a 16 team Big "10" or SEC probably lasts until the NCAA dissolves, or it becomes 18-24.
02-08-2012 08:48 PM
dragonbreath Offline
All American

BlazerTalk Award
Cannot imagine what travel expense would be.
02-08-2012 10:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.