Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I see many Mountaineer fans have moved
Bookmark and Share
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
To the Big 12 board; makes sense really as the tone of the BE board has changed dramatically with Memphis, SDSU and Boise fans bantering.

I will be here now and again myself. Is this board an active Board or is there a better Big 12 discussion site in some other venue?
02-08-2012 11:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
RE: I see many Mountaineer fans have moved
This isn't a particularly active board, at least as far as legacy Big 12 schools' fans are concerned. Depending on the extent of expansion, it may blossom as a discussion area that is largely composed of new members at first. I know that I was drawn to the overall site by the conference realignment question, and have found some good posters on these boards.
02-08-2012 12:56 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
The realignment board was primarily created because of complaints by me and others about the annual invasion of wannabees after the 2003 ACC raid. At first it was a separate board on the Big East board. But it eventually gained a life of its own, and was moved to the Lounge, where it sits today...

Every season The BEast would be invaded by people pushing their school for membership, and then last year, it overshadowed the entire football season. I'm glad to see the last of that...
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 04:41 PM by bitcruncher.)
02-08-2012 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I've been doing pretty much the same on the ACCboard. I just don't see the point in discussing Pitt over there. It become a forum for the NBE as they move forward. No reason for me to be in those discussions. I wish em well though.
02-08-2012 03:57 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I don't think about it at all. I quit thinking about The BEast just before the WVU-Maryland game kicked off...
02-08-2012 04:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU & Wisconsin
There doesn't seem to be any Big 12 board that is particularly active. At least not that I have found, someone let me know if they find one.
02-08-2012 07:41 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(02-08-2012 07:41 PM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  There doesn't seem to be any Big 12 board that is particularly active. At least not that I have found, someone let me know if they find one.

I remember a day when the Big East Board wasn't so active. I think it takes time patience with minimal at best activity.
02-08-2012 08:10 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

(02-08-2012 04:42 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I don't think about it at all. I quit thinking about The BEast just before the WVU-Maryland game kicked off...

Why then?
02-09-2012 09:29 AM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(02-08-2012 07:41 PM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  There doesn't seem to be any Big 12 board that is particularly active. At least not that I have found, someone let me know if they find one.

The ACC board has steadily grown. There are only a 3 schools without any representation, now (FSU, UVA, and UM).

I'm sure the XII board will steadily grow, too. As long as lurkers see that it's active.
02-09-2012 10:01 AM
vinman3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Big 12
(02-09-2012 10:01 AM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  

The ACC board has steadily grown. There are only a 3 schools without any representation, now (FSU, UVA, and UM).

I'm sure the XII board will steadily grow, too. As long as lurkers see that it's active.

Lurking.:ninja: and looking forward to the settlement and moving into the Big 12.02-13-banana
02-09-2012 10:26 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(02-09-2012 09:29 AM)Tigeer Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 04:42 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I don't think about it at all. I quit thinking about The BEast just before the WVU-Maryland game kicked off...
Why then?
Don't you remember the stupified look on Marinatto's face just prior to the game, when ESPiN's cameras caught him learning about Pitt and Syracuse being invited to join the ACC by phone?

ESPiN learned about the defections before he did, which was the last straw for me. After that, I could care less what The BEast did, as long as it was without WVU. Independence would have been better at that point IMO...

I've been bemoaning the incompetence and short sightedness of The BEast's leadership since the football side of the conference was formed. WVU pushed for The BEast to begin play with 12 teams, and start up a championship game, as the SEC was considering at the time. That was quickly shot down, as was any other proposal that required strengthening the football numbers beyond those not playing football...

And since BC and Syracuse always toed the line with the non-football schools, football got ignored. That is until 2003, when they had to address it. Since 2003, we've had realignment talk every off season. This year it overshadowed the football season to the point where a lot of BEast fans lost interest early in the season...

The sad part is that it all could have been headed off. But it wasn't. Instead, The Beast came up with a proposal to save the conference - a proposal that eventually killed the conference. Screw The BEast...
02-09-2012 11:05 AM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
LOL I hear ya Bit... Johny Boy should've known bout this before due to the rumors and all. I first heard about it the Wednesday before hand.
02-09-2012 11:18 AM
vinman3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Big 12
(02-09-2012 11:05 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
Why then?
Don't you remember the stupified look on Marinatto's face just prior to the game, when ESPiN's cameras caught him learning about Pitt and Syracuse being invited to join the ACC by phone?

ESPiN learned about the defections before he did, which was the last straw for me. After that, I could care less what The BEast did, as long as it was without WVU. Independence would have been better at that point IMO...

I've been bemoaning the incompetence and short sightedness of The BEast's leadership since the football side of the conference was formed. WVU pushed for The BEast to begin play with 12 teams, and start up a championship game, as the SEC was considering at the time. That was quickly shot down, as was any other proposal that required strengthening the football numbers beyond those not playing football...

And since BC and Syracuse always toed the line with the non-football schools, football got ignored. That is until 2003, when they had to address it. Since 2003, we've had realignment talk every off season. This year it overshadowed the football season to the point where a lot of BEast fans lost interest early in the season...

The sad part is that it all could have been headed off. But it wasn't. Instead, The Beast came up with a proposal to save the conference - a proposal that eventually killed the conference. Screw The BEast...

04-cheers:iagree:04-cheers
02-09-2012 11:28 AM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

Why then?

It has all been a blur to me. But I do agree that all of this took away a lot of interest in FB for the year.
02-09-2012 11:37 AM
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
Cfn.scout.com has a semi active one. It would be nice to have more Big 12 fans over here.
02-09-2012 09:07 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
recruit, recruit, recruit... 04-cheers
02-09-2012 09:15 PM
Advertisement

WVMntneer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU
Why then?

You hit it on the head Bit....this whole mess with the Big East could have been stopped in the early 90's and the conference would have been pretty stable and likely could have been considered a top conference. However, the conference did not have strong enough leadership and forsight to recognize that the many basketball only schools were steering us over Nigara Falls.
02-10-2012 09:38 AM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies
(02-09-2012 10:26 AM)vinman3 Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 10:01 AM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  

Lurking.:ninja: and looking forward to the settlement and moving into the Big 12.02-13-banana

as long as you beat up on OU, stick around, fail to beat OU and there will be problems. 03-razz
02-11-2012 01:49 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Look up the 2007 Fiesta Bowl, Tulsaman. You might want to look up the 1982 WVU-Oklahoma game in Norman too... 07-coffee3
02-11-2012 09:29 AM
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU & Wisconsin
Oklahoma State is the one that has had problems beating Oklahoma. Only 18 wins in a 106 game series. 04-chairshot
02-11-2012 10:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.