Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Season Ticket Dates
Bookmark and Share
cartershaw Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, UT
Season Ticket Dates
I read season tickets go on sale Feb 15th. But I thought that was the date they just had out the renewals for this fall.

I thought last year I paid for everything at the Spring Game?
02-06-2012 01:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Season Ticket Dates
(02-06-2012 01:09 PM)cartershaw Wrote:  I read season tickets go on sale Feb 15th. But I thought that was the date they just had out the renewals for this fall.

I thought last year I paid for everything at the Spring Game?

Last year you could purchase season tickets STARTING on Feb 15th.

The date just after the spring game (April 30th I think) was when the packets were due for renewing your season tickets AND ordering the Soldier Field tickets for HASF/season ticket priority.

So if you are renewing then you can likely wait till the spring game again.
02-06-2012 01:25 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Gee, I wonder when I can expect to receive my season tickets this year?? 03-confused 03-nutkick
02-06-2012 01:32 PM
foch41 Offline
1st String

So wait, 1st time season ticket holder last year, do they send you a renewal sheet or call or is it up to me to contact them? Also is it possibly to move any closer to the field from where i was last year?
02-08-2012 07:36 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(02-08-2012 07:36 AM)foch41 Wrote:  So wait, 1st time season ticket holder last year, do they send you a renewal sheet or call or is it up to me to contact them? Also is it possibly to move any closer to the field from where i was last year?

Yes, you will get your renewal form in the mail in about 2 weeks unless you pick it up at the HASF kickoff next Wednesday.
02-08-2012 08:04 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2012 07:36 AM)foch41 Wrote:  So wait, 1st time season ticket holder last year, do they send you a renewal sheet or call or is it up to me to contact them? Also is it possibly to move any closer to the field from where i was last year?

The ticket office (Eric) will not know if you can move up until after the packed due date. (around May 1st)

ALSO on your renewal form you must put down that you want to request better seats. I would suggest that you are very specific in what seats you are looking for... (some people think 50th row on the 50 yard line is better than 10th row on the 30 yard line)...it's all personal preference.

Finally for people that want to be NEW season ticket holders, you will get better seats if you buy them when they first go on sale. This is because the seats are allotted as the orders come in and they don't wait for the packet due date.
02-08-2012 09:25 AM
Advertisement

PSE NIU Offline
1st String

When do single game tickets go on sale?
02-08-2012 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2012 12:39 PM)PSE NIU Wrote:  When do single game tickets go on sale?

Usually July 1st.

Though if you plan on going to 2 games its just about the same price to do the mini plan and you will get better seats...on top of tickets to a third game.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 12:50 PM by HuskieJohn.)
02-08-2012 12:49 PM
NSwanson89 Offline
Special Teams

ill just wait till i have $ for my 1st time season tickets, and ill just sit on the east side while Im still young...
02-08-2012 02:39 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2012 02:39 PM)NSwanson89 Wrote:  ill just wait till i have $ for my 1st time season tickets, and ill just sit on the east side while Im still young...

I agree you should enjoy that side for as long as you can. However remember that with a West side ticket you can always go visit the East side any time you want.
02-08-2012 02:55 PM
cartershaw Offline
All American

Just renewed and upgraded this morning....said my receipt and SF packet will be available on the 15th
02-08-2012 11:00 PM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2012 11:00 PM)cartershaw Wrote:  Just renewed and upgraded this morning....said my receipt and SF packet will be available on the 15th

What did you upgrade to/from?
02-10-2012 08:57 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
I tried to keep this under wraps, but I just can't. There is a new season ticket upgrade plan this year! For $50 over the cost of season tickets, you can sit on my lap for every home game! $50 is not much, but that's all I can afford to pay.
02-10-2012 09:16 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(02-10-2012 08:57 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 11:00 PM)cartershaw Wrote:  Just renewed and upgraded this morning....said my receipt and SF packet will be available on the 15th

East side to West side? 05-stirthepot
02-10-2012 10:09 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

From the NIU radio show this morning...

HuskieLand = $60 per seat for UT Martin, Kansas & Toledo games AND $45 in gift certificates from local companies. If you use all of the $45 in certificates that's $5 per game! Toledo date is not known and I did not hear if she said where the seats would be located.

Soldier Field - HSAF/Season ticket sales officially start on the 15th till May 1st...same as Iowa supporters. May 7th they go on sale to the general public.
02-11-2012 09:03 AM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(02-11-2012 09:03 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  From the NIU radio show this morning...

HuskieLand = $60 per seat for UT Martin, Kansas & Toledo games AND $45 in gift certificates from local companies. If you use all of the $45 in certificates that's $5 per game! Toledo date is not known and I did not hear if she said where the seats would be located.

Soldier Field - HSAF/Season ticket sales officially start on the 15th till May 1st...same as Iowa supporters. May 7th they go on sale to the general public.

Thx HJ. I'm always up at that time but can never seem to remember the show.

"Huskieland" seems like it may help some. I like the target of the DeKalb/Sycamore area which is still not drawing as many folks as it should.

Odds are Toledo will be a Tuesday night. That leaves the Homecoming game which in theory should do well on its own though last year was I think only 18-20K. Should be 22-24K! One of the other two games may be a weeknight instead of a Saturday.

I still think they need to market the way the Kane County Cougars & Chicago Wolves do to families with "4-pack deals" or Single Game tickets that are in the $12-$15 range. We need to include Rockford, Geneva, Aurora etc. in "Huskieland". ( BTW, single Game went from $20-$24 last year.) Those seats would be in the Upper corners of the West Side maybe?
Or as HJ mentioned in another post, something in the South Endzone, maybe for $10-$12?.

All that being said, Huskie Football is a great entertainment value relatively speaking.

....oh...another related thought about the demographics of the College Football Stadiums that draw in the 50K range. For the most part, Students are no more than 20%. Of that remaining 80%, many are not even Alumni at these BIG10 stadiums like Iowa (jokes aside huskiebob), Wisconsin, OSU etc..That College Team is like another NFL team. (In Iowas' case their only one.)

Huskie Football needs to be marketed to the areas mentioned above as their local D1 College Football Team. (Phillips has tried at NW to be Chicagolands BIG10 Team without much success with attendance. Have you ever tried to get to Evanston. It's brutal. NW does better with attendance only when the BG10 teams that travel well come...Ex: Mich/Iowa) De Kalb is much more accessible, we just need to get some better name teams to come. Kansas will be a sell-out.

Ok, that's enough, too much 07-coffee3 on a Saturday morning.
02-11-2012 10:31 AM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-11-2012 10:31 AM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  Thx HJ. I'm always up at that time but can never seem to remember the show.

"Huskieland" seems like it may help some. I like the target of the DeKalb/Sycamore area which is still not drawing as many folks as it should.

Odds are Toledo will be a Tuesday night. That leaves the Homecoming game which in theory should do well on its own though last year was I think only 18-20K. Should be 22-24K! One of the other two games may be a weeknight instead of a Saturday.

I still think they need to market the way the Kane County Cougars & Chicago Wolves do to families with "4-pack deals" or Single Game tickets that are in the $12-$15 range. We need to include Rockford, Geneva, Aurora etc. in "Huskieland". ( BTW, single Game went from $20-$24 last year.) Those seats would be in the Upper corners of the West Side maybe?
Or as HJ mentioned in another post, something in the South Endzone, maybe for $10-$12?.

All that being said, Huskie Football is a great entertainment value relatively speaking.

....oh...another related thought about the demographics of the College Football Stadiums that draw in the 50K range. For the most part, Students are no more than 20%. Of that remaining 80%, many are not even Alumni at these BIG10 stadiums like Iowa (jokes aside huskiebob), Wisconsin, OSU etc..That College Team is like another NFL team. (In Iowas' case their only one.)

Huskie Football needs to be marketed to the areas mentioned above as their local D1 College Football Team. (Phillips has tried at NW to be Chicagolands BIG10 Team without much success with attendance. Have you ever tried to get to Evanston. It's brutal. NW does better with attendance only when the BG10 teams that travel well come...Ex: Mich/Iowa) De Kalb is much more accessible, we just need to get some better name teams to come. Kansas will be a sell-out.

Ok, that's enough, too much 07-coffee3 on a Saturday morning.
YES! Though I think the HuskieLand promo has sort of undersold the future of this type of thing.

Other people suggested endzone/berm seating not me...My idea was "The Huskie Pack" where you got a seat for $9ea but you had to get 4 tickets and the seating would be in section closest to the Yordon in the upper 1/3rd of the rows so not to make the season ticket holders or mini plan people feel like they got a bad deal.

Don't get me wrong this "HuskieLand" is a good idea and is progress in my mind but we could do better at attracting the fans looking for a low price point not a bargain in the long run. We will see where the gift certificates are for then hopefully people that did not go to more than one game last year will make this a success.
02-11-2012 11:04 AM
cartershaw Offline
All American

I am in chairbacks now
02-11-2012 11:24 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-11-2012 11:24 AM)cartershaw Wrote:  

I am in chairbacks now

No waiting list?
02-11-2012 11:27 AM
cartershaw Offline
All American

(02-11-2012 11:27 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 11:24 AM)cartershaw Wrote:  

I am in chairbacks now

No waiting list?

I am VIP...02-13-banana

If I wasn't buying 4 tickets i think i would have just done the skybox, but i wish you could do the skybox and have the ability to go outside when it's nice...we need a new suite section.
02-11-2012 12:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.