Trustees, UAH Rift disputed
02-05-2012 02:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
RE: Sunday Huntsville Times headline
Look the BOT dont see their head as being in the sand on this, they see their butt up in the air and that is their message to UAB and UAH.
02-05-2012 02:53 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I Root For: UAB
Hey, I am mentioned in there. (one who turned his back).
02-05-2012 02:55 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Quote:"I don't know what the problem is," Bryant told The Times. "I don't recognize that problem."
03-lmfao
02-05-2012 05:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(02-05-2012 05:31 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  
Quote:"I don't know what the problem is," Bryant told The Times. "I don't recognize that problem."
03-lmfao

If you don't know what the problem is, it's probably you.
02-05-2012 05:33 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
They say ignorance is bliss & the BOT is blissfully unaware of 2 parts of the system. I bet they know about a mouse fart at Tuscaloosa but nothing about anything on any other campus & they wish to remain that way & they prove it every time they speak
02-05-2012 05:47 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

Their arrogance infuriates me.
02-05-2012 05:52 PM
Advertisement

USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
(02-05-2012 05:33 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 05:31 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  
03-lmfao

If you don't know what the problem is, it's probably you.

Well, if one lives with his/her head up one's a$$, not only is it dark, but one loses all sense of how bad it really stinks.
02-05-2012 05:57 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

What planet are these trustees from?
02-05-2012 09:34 PM
bpblazer Offline
1st String

(02-05-2012 09:34 PM)Pence Wrote:  What planet are these trustees from?

The planet Bamarama. They live in their own world. We need to destroy it.
02-05-2012 10:07 PM
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Quote:They live in their own world. We need to destroy it.

Absolutely true. They represent an old order that should have passed on decades ago.

It is time for this state to enter the 20th Century.
02-05-2012 10:42 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I'm surprised that so many of you made comments about "blissful ignorance" or "heads in the sand." I would have replied to one post but there were too many. Some of the offending quotes are below. These are not the words of ignorance (at least of this topic). These are the words meant to send a specific, unavoidable message to those rocking the boat in Huntsville. They are also the words of plausible deniability and, in the case of Urquhart and Brooks, toeing the company line (Who says, "...I'm not sure my opinion is really anything different than [so and so] said and been quoted in the paper."? Those are the words of someone making absolutely clear who built this ledge they are being asked to step out on.). Anyone who thought that a Trustee outside of the Cronies could be convinced to undertake the task of putting the OCS proposal on the agenda so that it can't be removed, or even to vote "yea" on the proposal, needs to read Urquhart's and Brooks' comments very carefully.

Quote:"That's a little too general," said trustee Finis St. John IV when asked about the concerns in Huntsville. "I don't know which concerns you're talking about. Most of what I've read is what's been written in the paper than what I've heard from anybody in Huntsville."

Quote:Asked if he had spoken to the [UAH Community Committee], St. John said, "I don't know who is on that committee. I haven't seen the list. I may have talked to somebody on the committee. If I have, no one has called me and said the committee wants to talk to me about it."

Quote:"I care an awful lot about all three (campuses)," said trustee Marietta Urquhart, who graduated from UAB. "It surprised me that people in universities want to segregate it so much - either you're a UAH person or you're not, you're a UAB person or you're not.

"I enjoy the diversity of all three campuses. I think that's a strength. As board members, it would be really bad to go in and say, 'We're only for this one and nothing else.' I don't really think people think that. I just do not see that."

Quote:"I have my opinions on what I think but I'm not sure that my opinion is really any different than anything Ron Gray has said and been quoted in the paper," trustee Karen Brooks said. "I am completely on the same page with him."

While trustees distanced themselves from concerns in Huntsville, a common thread among those surveyed was that Huntsville has not reached out to them.

Asked if he had talked to anyone in Huntsville or to Battle, Bryant simply said, "No." Then he added, in reference to Battle, "He hasn't talked to me."

Said Urquhart, "It would be nice if they would contact me if they had questions. I have not had any contact from anybody."
02-06-2012 09:38 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I know they're talking about Huntsville, but I can no longer count the number of letters and emails I've sent each of them on one hand, and I've heard nada from any of them, save for Cubby's secretary saying "We got your email, thanks" to one of them.

What next? Smoke signals? Candy-grams?
02-06-2012 09:51 AM
Advertisement

mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Just to be clear, Karen Brooks is from Tuscaloosa and is a graduate of UA. The two UAB graduates are Urquhart and Andria Scott Hurst
02-06-2012 09:52 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

& both are a part of the "system" and know who butters their bread.
02-06-2012 09:53 AM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(02-06-2012 09:52 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  Just to be clear, Karen Brooks is from Tuscaloosa and is a graduate of UA. The two UAB graduates are Urquhart and Andria Scott Hurst

True. The point I was making was to read the tone of their comments. Anyone not named Bryant, St. John, Espy, or McMahon sounds terrified that they might say anything they aren't pre-approved to say.
02-06-2012 10:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.