Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Killer Instinct
Bookmark and Share
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

All teams will always be compared to the '92-'93 teams. That team had a killer instinct and wanted to put teams away. Will this team ever get that? I think they have that kind of potential but they must learn to sustain it.

01-13-2005 06:57 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Intimidate Dominate Celebrate Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I think people are looking too much into this game. It was a conference road game. Really, the first road game we've had this year with a rowdy crowd. We've put every other team away when we get up, and we let one team back in at home and all of a sudden we don't have a killer instinct. Maybe people are just paranoid cuz we have some tough games coming up, but I'm not looking into this game at all. We'll be fine! 04-cheers

01-13-2005 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bearcatfan4life Offline
All American

I Root For:

It was also the first game all year where we were in serious foul trouble. Kirkland, White, and Hicks all got 4 fouls with a decent amount of time left in the game. Kirkland, in particular, was in foul trouble most of the game. Maybe that had something to do with it, although that's not much of an excuse. Of course, East Carolina also had Badianne and Rouse in foul trouble.

01-13-2005 12:57 PM
DP3113 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I agree Chatter.........do people here really think that Kirkland and White have that killer instinct that winners have?

Please don't use the "still learning" excuse, they have been in the system for 3 years.

01-13-2005 02:32 PM
Advertisement

Bearcatfan4life Offline
All American

I Root For:

Hey DP,are you a Bearcat fan? Honestly, it's hard to tell sometimes with all your negatve posts. Is it possible that you can never find anything nice to say about UC? Or maybe, you're just the glass is half empty kind of guy. I don't mean to rag on you, I just get kind of frustrated with some of your posts. You're the only one on here that seems to never say anything positive about the Cats.

You say that Kirkland and White don't have "killer instinct". I don't really know what that means, but they're not the only two guys out on the floor. They are 14-1, 3-0 in Conference, and ranked 13th in the country. I don't think that's too bad. Last year, they won a Conference championship, and the Conference tournament. So, guys without so-called killer instincts won championships last year. I understand they blew a big lead last night, and nearly lost, so you're upset. I get that, but I think you're a little harsh sometimes. In fact, Kirk and White weren't on the court for a lot of that 2nd half comeback, because of foul trouble.

01-13-2005 02:49 PM
DP3113 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

yes i am a fan.

i'd be willing to say that most bearcat fans do not listen to the games on the radio while being ridiculed by the 72 other diehard IU fan fraternity brothers that live in with him.

i'd also be willing to say that most bearcat fans do not travel 5 hours roundtrip for over 10+ games a year.

i'd also be willing to say that most bearcat fans do not order espn full court, when they already are poor and helping pay their way through college, to pick up a few extra bearcat games per year, and to watch the bearcats future opponents.

obviously also, you don't read many of my posts, because several times i have stated that i am in fact probably one of the most optimistic people you will ever meet, but that i am very frustrated with this team because they are incredibly talented, and do not play up to their skill level. i have said at least 5 times that kirkland, maxiell, white, and hicks are as talented of a 4some as huggins has ever had. yes they are 14-1 i know, but they still have played poorly in most games.

and yes, i still do not think that Kirkland and White have killer instinct. I do not feel that they are very aggressive.

01-13-2005 04:52 PM
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Donators

DP3113 Wrote:i'd be willing to say that most bearcat fans do not listen to the games on the radio while being ridiculed by the 72 other diehard IU fan fraternity brothers that live in with him.
Question after this comment, how can you offer up such harsh criticism of how everyone plays in a game when you're listening to the game?

01-13-2005 05:14 PM
Advertisement

DP3113 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

lets see olsekl, heres how:

Valparaiso I drove home for.

Northern Iowa and Purdue I was on Thanksgiving break.

Dayton was on ESPN.

Vanderbilt I watched on UC Vision.

Detroit I came home for.

NorthWestern State, Jackson State, LaSalle, Miami, Longwood, Illinois, DePaul, Saint Louis were all during my Christmas Break.

East Carolina I listened to on the radio.

Therefore, I have listened to 1 game. That was a reference to last year more than anything about the radio. I have already been to six games, which as a college student I pay for with my own money, we have no season tickets. If you all still really want to think that I am a fairweather fan, please go ahead.

01-13-2005 08:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Bearcattitude Wrote:All teams will always be compared to the '92-'93 teams. That team had a killer instinct and wanted to put teams away. Will this team ever get that? I think they have that kind of potential but they must learn to sustain it.
[QUOTE]

Is there anyone on this board who has their posts misconstrued more than me?

My exact quote to start this thread:

"All teams will always be compared to the '92-'93 teams. That team had a killer instinct and wanted to put teams away. Will this team ever get that? I think they have that kind of potential but they must learn to sustain it. " - Chatter, oops, I mean Bearcattitude

Anyway..........what was that thing I said about I think they have that kind of POTENTIAL?

I'm so misunderstood. :laugh:

You guys just love to hate me, don't you? Don't you? DON'T YOU? 03-wink

01-13-2005 09:46 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Bearcat Steve Offline
1st String

I Root For:

DP3113 Wrote:lets see olsekl, heres how:

Valparaiso I drove home for.

Northern Iowa and Purdue I was on Thanksgiving break.

Dayton was on ESPN.

Vanderbilt I watched on UC Vision.

Detroit I came home for.

NorthWestern State, Jackson State, LaSalle, Miami, Longwood, Illinois, DePaul, Saint Louis were all during my Christmas Break.

East Carolina I listened to on the radio.

Therefore, I have listened to 1 game. That was a reference to last year more than anything about the radio. I have already been to six games, which as a college student I pay for with my own money, we have no season tickets. If you all still really want to think that I am a fairweather fan, please go ahead.
You do realize that your claimed efforts to be a great fan are in no way consistant with the posts you promulgate here each day, don't you?????

If I didn't know better, I would assume that the "DP" stands for the "Dumb Pong".

01-14-2005 06:06 AM
Advertisement

DP3113 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

steve

how does being critical not make me a great fan?

01-14-2005 10:41 AM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators

Critical is not the word for it, DP. Pessimistic is. Maybe the question we should ask is how does being pessimistic make you a great fan?

Playing poorly in most games? Poor play doesn't get you 14-1.

I'll say this: this team has played well in most of their games. Sure they have lapses, but they play well too. Can you see that?

01-14-2005 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I judge White based on the talent I believe he has in relationship to the results he delivers on the floor - one is disproportional to the other. Therefore, when an obviously athletic, talented player disappears for the length of time that White does, it's easy to infer that he lacks a "killer instinct".

I do agree with the "one game, on the road" argument when it comes to Wednesday night...but we should also look closely at some of the other games UC has played. Remember being down 18 at home to Northern Iowa? What about being outrebounded 15 by LaSalle? The Northern Iowa game was a great comeback, and it was early...but I can scarcely remember a time when UC was being beaten that badly on it's home floor...unless you count the Marquette game from a few years back during their final 4 year.

I don't think there's any excuse for being outrebounded THAT BADLY by teams with losing records, given our general size advantage at the 3 spot. Max and Hicks are getting it done despite being undersized, so that leaves Kirk and White to pick up the slack CONSISTENTLY, and these two are anything but consistent.

I like Kirk and White quite a bit - but I feel like both could be doing more especially in the rebounding department. UC standards are a little better than "we'll be ready for the big games, but we quit playing sometimes against lesser teams". It's that kind of attitude and inconsistency that leads to 2nd round tourney exits.

All that said...14-1 is a very good record, and I'm not going to grumble about winning. But like Coach Huggins says "you shouldn't have to lose to learn". I hope the team is able to see and correct their mistakes while continuing to win. We won't be seeing any East Carolinas or LaSalles on our schedule anytime soon.

01-14-2005 11:25 AM
Intimidate Dominate Celebrate Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I agree White is as soft as they come, and up until the past couple games Kirk disappears in the big games, we'll find out how much Kirk has improved in these next 3 games.
But like someone else said, there are 5 guys on the floor, not 2, and one of those five is a guy named Jason Maxiell. Nobody can seriously tell me that he does not put a game away. His free throw shooting is the only reason someone can argue against that, but he's a big man, and for a big man he shoots it well at the line.

DP, your a Hoosier frat boy?! Is wasted cow tipping the preferred weekend excitement? :D

01-14-2005 01:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.