Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Komen in Trouble with Women
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
Komen in Trouble with Women
Quote:The Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation's decision to yank its funding from Planned Parenthood has triggered a flood of donations to Planned Parenthood and at least two petitions aimed at reversing the decision.

The Komen Foundation, the world's leading breast cancer organization, has confirmed that it will cease providing grants to Planned Parenthood centers nationwide for breast-health services, such as clinical breast exams and referrals for mammograms and biopsies.

But a Komen spokesperson said the decision was due to recently adopted criteria that forbids funding of any organizations under government investigation. In September, Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) launched an inquiry to determine whether Planned Parenthood uses public money to fund abortions.

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostersho...9203.story
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 01:25 PM by AtlanticLeague.)
02-01-2012 01:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
RE: Komen in Trouble with Women
(02-01-2012 01:24 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
Quote:The Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation's decision to yank its funding from Planned Parenthood has triggered a flood of donations to Planned Parenthood and at least two petitions aimed at reversing the decision.

The Komen Foundation, the world's leading breast cancer organization, has confirmed that it will cease providing grants to Planned Parenthood centers nationwide for breast-health services, such as clinical breast exams and referrals for mammograms and biopsies.

But a Komen spokesperson said the decision was due to recently adopted criteria that forbids funding of any organizations under government investigation. In September, Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) launched an inquiry to determine whether Planned Parenthood uses public money to fund abortions.

I think never bearing children increases the likelihood of breast cancer. Why is this an issue? Can't they choose who they GIVE money to?
02-01-2012 01:31 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
Susan G. Komen was born in Peoria and the Race for the Cure has been big in this town for decades. This is personally very disappointing and I'll be very interested to see how this affects turnout.
02-01-2012 01:35 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

"Komen in Trouble with Women"

A little misleading, no? You think all women believe in killing unborn children?
02-01-2012 01:36 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
"The Komen Foundation, the world's leading breast cancer organization, has confirmed that it will cease providing grants to Planned Parenthood centers nationwide for breast-health services, such as clinical breast exams and referrals for mammograms and biopsies."

I have a little dreidel. I made it out of clay.
When it's dry and ready, then dreidel I shall play.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play.
02-01-2012 01:40 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(02-01-2012 01:36 PM)Rebel Wrote:  

A little misleading, no? You think all women believe in killing unborn children?

The funding was for cancer screenings. What % of the services provided by PP in a given year do you think are abortion?
02-01-2012 01:43 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
I know it's very very low. The new policy for the Komen Foundation has a clause in it that they can't contribute any money to any organization under investigation...so some lawmaker starts an investigation of PP and Komen pulls the funding. Pretty low.

Hopefully it results in fewer contributions to Komen and more to PP.
02-01-2012 01:46 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(02-01-2012 01:46 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I know it's very very low. The new policy for the Komen Foundation has a clause in it that they can't contribute any money to any organization under investigation...so some lawmaker starts an investigation of PP and Komen pulls the funding. Pretty low.

Well, if your more interested in abortion than breast cancer, then yes, by all means, give directly to PP.
02-01-2012 01:52 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-01-2012 01:40 PM)Paul M Wrote:  "The Komen Foundation, the world's leading breast cancer organization, has confirmed that it will cease providing grants to Planned Parenthood centers nationwide for breast-health services, such as clinical breast exams and referrals for mammograms and biopsies."

I have a little dreidel. I made it out of clay.
When it's dry and ready, then dreidel I shall play.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play.

Courtney Cox,
I Love you,
you're so hot,
on that show
02-01-2012 01:53 PM
I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
(02-01-2012 01:46 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I know it's very very low. The new policy for the Komen Foundation has a clause in it that they can't contribute any money to any organization under investigation...so some lawmaker starts an investigation of PP and Komen pulls the funding. Pretty low.

So because they don't want to donate to a glorified abortion clinic under federal investigation you hope less people donate to help find a cure for breast cancer? Wow...

They are just following policy. I'm sure they will continue funding the murder of innocent babies when the investigation is complete. Would that make your sensitive little heart feel better?
02-01-2012 01:53 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(02-01-2012 01:36 PM)Rebel Wrote:  "Komen in Trouble with Women"

Misleading? Not at all. It's downright fiction.

Many women (perhaps the majority) are happy w/ Komen's decision. Max not included.
02-01-2012 02:06 PM
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
(02-01-2012 01:46 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Hopefully it results in fewer contributions to Komen and more to PP.

Amazing how liberals want death for everyone except terrorists and convicted murderers.
02-01-2012 02:11 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(02-01-2012 02:11 PM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  
(02-01-2012 01:46 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Hopefully it results in fewer contributions to Komen and more to PP.

Amazing how liberals want death for everyone except terrorists and convicted murderers.

Amazing that conservatives don't feel it's important for breast cancer screenings and mamograms for the poor who can't afford it. Just let them die I guess?

Most doctors feel that early detection tests for breast cancer save many thousands of lives each year, and that many more lives could be saved if even more women and their health care providers took advantage of these tests. Following the American Cancer Society's guidelines for the early detection of breast cancer improves the chances that breast cancer can be diagnosed at an early stage and treated successfully.
http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/BreastCance...-detection
02-01-2012 02:17 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
(02-01-2012 02:17 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Amazing that conservatives don't feel it's important for breast cancer screenings and mamograms for the poor who can't afford it. Just let them die I guess?

We support Susan G. Komen foundation that gives money directly to that effort. Your incorrectly assume that because Komen has halted giving money to Planned Parenthood, that poor will stop getting them. That is a lie. Komen hasn't stopped funding mamograms, they've stopped giving money specifically to planned parenthood.

Your hope that fewer people give to Komen in hopes Planned Parenthood can continue its mission to perform as many abortions as possible is repugnant.
02-01-2012 02:20 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(02-01-2012 02:17 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(02-01-2012 02:11 PM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  

Amazing that conservatives don't feel it's important for breast cancer screenings and mamograms for the poor who can't afford it. Just let them die I guess?

dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
02-01-2012 02:21 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(02-01-2012 01:43 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(02-01-2012 01:36 PM)Rebel Wrote:  

The funding was for cancer screenings. What % of the services provided by PP in a given year do you think are abortion?

Serious question, Rebel. Awaiting your reply.
02-01-2012 02:21 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-01-2012 02:21 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  Serious question, Rebel. Awaiting your reply.

Is there a point? Answer me this, why are PP abortion clinics always in depressed areas like ghettos? Trying to continue Sanger's "cause"? I don't see'em out here in Evans, Ga.

Oh, you're trying to get us off the topic we created. Gotcha. I guess you have no answer for that.
02-01-2012 02:24 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(02-01-2012 02:20 PM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  
(02-01-2012 02:17 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Amazing that conservatives don't feel it's important for breast cancer screenings and mamograms for the poor who can't afford it. Just let them die I guess?

We support Susan G. Komen foundation that gives money directly to that effort. Your incorrectly assume that because Komen has halted giving money to Planned Parenthood, that poor will stop getting them. That is a lie. Komen hasn't stopped funding mamograms, they've stopped giving money specifically to planned parenthood.

Your hope that fewer people give to Komen in hopes Planned Parenthood can continue its mission to perform as many abortions as possible is repugnant.

And you putting words in my mouth is as well. Poor people go to PP for free screenings and mamograms. With less money for PP, you can't see any way that this might result in less screenings and mamograms?
02-01-2012 02:24 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(02-01-2012 02:24 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(02-01-2012 02:21 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  Serious question, Rebel. Awaiting your reply.

Is there a point? Answer me this, why are PP abortion clinics always in depressed areas like ghettos? Trying to continue Sanger's "cause"? I don't see'em out here in Evans, Ga.

Oh, you're trying to get us off the topic we created. Gotcha. I guess you have no answer for that.

If you think that the primary mission of PP is abortion, then you should have a response. If you don't then I'm not sure why you brought it up in response to an article about cancer screenings.

Edit: PP mission statement http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-u...n-4837.htm
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 02:29 PM by AtlanticLeague.)
02-01-2012 02:26 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

Susan G. Komen Listened. Have You Responded?

Yesterday, the Susan G. Komen Foundation announced it would stop giving money to Planned Parenthood. Conservatives have been pushing on this issue for a while.

As a result of the announcement, the left has gone on the attack. It is important that you who wanted Komen to do this say thank you. You can email them at news@Komen.org.

More importantly, you can donate to them. If you are not willing to support an organization that takes a stand you want when they come under attack, you cannot be surprised when less organizations listen to you.

So say thank you.
02-01-2012 02:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.