Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jacobby Bledsoe basketball recruit
Bookmark and Share
Zao123 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU
Jacobby Bledsoe basketball recruit
Does this mean Miller is gone if they are still recuiting Point Guards.

Jacobby Bledsoe

5'8'', 150 lbs. | Class of 2012
HometownIndianapolis, IN
SchoolHamilton Southeastern High School
PositionPoint Guard
Status Undeclared

Scout Grade
94 POSITION
122 REGIONAL
28 STATE

Scouting Report

ESPN Analyst
Updated 01/26/2011

Strengths:
Jacobby is a quick little skilled point guard. He can score and is a good creator for himself and others. He has a solid handle which, combined with his quickness, allows him to get into the lane almost at will. He is a decent passer that is solid at finding open teammates. Defensively Bledsoe can be a pest. He uses his quickness to bother and disrupt his opponents offense.

Weaknesses:
He needs to refine his decision making a little but is on the right course. He is a streaky shooter with range to 19 feet.

Bottom Line:
Jacobby is the son of former Division I assistant coach Sean Bledsoe. Sean has done a good job with his son. Jacobby has a solid future ahead of him.

Notes

Travel Team: D3 Heat...
02-01-2012 12:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
RE: Jacobby Bledsoe basketball recruit
Do we have an internal rule against getting 6ft point guards. I still remember how dinky our guards looked against Northwestern's...
02-01-2012 02:55 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

There isn't a real point guard on the team right now unless Ford makes major strides in his decision making. Right now he looks like a 2 guard. Miller just isn't talented enough to get big minutes at this level.
02-01-2012 02:59 AM
Advertisement

cagy cager Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
amen, 7
02-01-2012 09:31 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

By why 5'8" He is Really closer to 5'6"1/2". Can't we get a legit 6' point guard?
02-01-2012 09:40 AM
Advertisement

cagy cager Offline
1st String

the operative word is QUICK.......when did NIU last have a quick point guard? some of you guys are obsessed with size: mastranzi was small but very good....corey simms was under 6' but did very well in the MAC...Donald Whiteside took the huskies to the dance...

you don't think if there were 6' and over point guards that were gettable, monty would get one....good is better than big...it is important to be able to get into the lane and size alone don't get you that....I love the "PEST" description--fits monty's defensive scheme of pressure, pressure and then, more pressure.

As far as Zach Miller: see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 09:57 AM by cagy cager.)
02-01-2012 09:55 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-01-2012 09:55 AM)cagy cager Wrote:  the operative word is QUICK.......when did NIU last have a quick point guard? some of you guys are obsessed with size: mastranzi was small but very good....corey simms was under 6' but did very well in the MAC...Donald Whiteside took the huskies to the dance...

you don't think if there were 6' and over point guards that were gettable, monty would get one....good is better than big...it is important to be able to get into the lane and size alone don't get you that....I love the "PEST" description--fits monty's defensive scheme of pressure, pressure and then, more pressure.

Everyone in HS is quick, good shooter, etc. At the next level you never know.
02-01-2012 09:59 AM
Advertisement

huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(02-01-2012 09:55 AM)cagy cager Wrote:  the operative word is QUICK.......when did NIU last have a quick point guard? some of you guys are obsessed with size: mastranzi was small but very good....corey simms was under 6' but did very well in the MAC...Donald Whiteside took the huskies to the dance...

+1 to this.
02-01-2012 10:09 AM
huskie87fan Offline
2nd String

Cagey,

I agree with you. I think Miller's upside is being a serviceable back up point guard. But do not count him out. He is tough and knows how to play the point. Q Ford looked good in HS as a point but he is not the point guard that we both want. Hopefully Balls or Bledsoe if we get him can move Zach to the bench then we know the team is going in the right direction. Berg is a two like Q but can be serviceable at point. Zach will probably never be able to pressure the ball and penetrate like we want a point guard to do.
02-01-2012 10:24 AM
cagy cager Offline
1st String

with all this talk of Bledsoe, has he actually verbally committed?
02-01-2012 12:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.