Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Schiano, the Rutgers Coach, to Tampa Bay
Bookmark and Share
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
Schiano, the Rutgers Coach, to Tampa Bay
Some of you better get your antacid pills out. Would Doeren be a potential replacement?05-stirthepot
01-26-2012 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BrianNowicki Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Schiano, the Rutgers Coach, to Tampa Bay
Really nice of Schiano and Tampa Bay to do this now instead of waiting until February 2nd. It's only one more week and wouldn't hurt the Bucs to wait. But now Rutgers could very well lose some recruits, the new coach will get hired and have no say on the incoming class, unless they hire him in a day or two. And if they do and poach him from another schools like a MAC school or C-USA school, that now potentially hurts their recruiting class at the last second. Just a horrible decision to not wait 7 more days.
01-26-2012 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
You're trying too hard on that one. They either go internal (like Frank Cignetti, their OC) or KC Keeler's gotten early mentions.

The real question is whither PJ?

We know what 7 wants.

A couple years as an NFL assistant would look mighty nice on his resume if he gets the chance to move with Schiano. Alternately, it might be good for him to branch out again and move out Rutgers to another program.
01-26-2012 01:12 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-26-2012 12:56 PM)klake87 Wrote:  Some of you better get your antacid pills out. Would Doeren be a potential replacement?05-stirthepot

No way.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2012 01:32 PM by HuskieJohn.)
01-26-2012 01:21 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-26-2012 01:09 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  Really nice of Schiano and Tampa Bay to do this now instead of waiting until February 2nd. It's only one more week and wouldn't hurt the Bucs to wait. But now Rutgers could very well lose some recruits, the new coach will get hired and have no say on the incoming class, unless they hire him in a day or two. And if they do and poach him from another schools like a MAC school or C-USA school, that now potentially hurts their recruiting class at the last second. Just a horrible decision to not wait 7 more days.

Apparently your good ole coach is currently in NJ handing out mass amounts of offers.
01-26-2012 01:33 PM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

(01-26-2012 01:33 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(01-26-2012 01:09 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  Really nice of Schiano and Tampa Bay to do this now instead of waiting until February 2nd. It's only one more week and wouldn't hurt the Bucs to wait. But now Rutgers could very well lose some recruits, the new coach will get hired and have no say on the incoming class, unless they hire him in a day or two. And if they do and poach him from another schools like a MAC school or C-USA school, that now potentially hurts their recruiting class at the last second. Just a horrible decision to not wait 7 more days.

Apparently your good ole coach is currently in NJ handing out mass amounts of offers.

What? If you are talking about Toledo there is only maybe two more spots left in the class and there are a few 3 star prospects considering offers from Toledo, plus a three star JUCO DB coming in this weekend.......He's from Kansas though, not New Jersey.

If you are talking about Beckman at Illinois, yeah he probably is offering everyone that has committed to Rutgers.
01-26-2012 01:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-26-2012 01:42 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  
(01-26-2012 01:33 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

What? If you are talking about Toledo there is only maybe two more spots left in the class and there are a few 3 star prospects considering offers from Toledo, plus a three star JUCO DB coming in this weekend.......He's from Kansas though, not New Jersey.

If you are talking about Beckman at Illinois, yeah he probably is offering everyone that has committed to Rutgers.
Yes Beckman
01-26-2012 01:46 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
Maybe Wisky keeps JJ Denman who just decommitted from them to go to Rutgers and that lessens the likelihood of Myers decommitting.
01-26-2012 02:26 PM
blackhawk Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: huskies
Interesting about PJ.

Would Schiano take him to Tampa? That's a nice promotion.

Or, would Rutgers actually interview him for head post? Doubt it would be serious. Or, would the new coach keep him on...ala Kill?

Or, are we still looking for an OC?
01-26-2012 03:21 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

The P.J. stuff is the first thing that came to my mind. My immediate thought: what pays more, a MAC offensive coordinator or a NFL WR coach? Everybody I've asked said an NFL WR coach, and it's not even close.

It'll be interesting to see if he takes him with or not.

I may cry tears of joy if P.J. ends up as the Bucs WR coach. Hopefully he ends up there or back at NIU next year.
01-26-2012 04:16 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

So wait, you're supposed to lie for a week, have kids sign a LOI knowing Schiano won't be there, and then bail?

In what way is that fair to the kids?
01-26-2012 04:17 PM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(01-26-2012 03:21 PM)blackhawk Wrote:  Interesting about PJ.

Or, would Rutgers actually interview him for head post? Doubt it would be serious. Or, would the new coach keep him on...ala Kill?

Considering they named their offensive line coach interm head coach, I doubt P.J. gets a look.
01-26-2012 04:20 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-26-2012 04:20 PM)7 Wrote:  
(01-26-2012 03:21 PM)blackhawk Wrote:  Interesting about PJ.

Considering they named their offensive line coach interm head coach, I doubt P.J. gets a look.
I am still thinking that Hammock is our OC and BB just begged DD not to announce it until Feb 2nd.
01-26-2012 04:22 PM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

(01-26-2012 04:17 PM)7 Wrote:  
So wait, you're supposed to lie for a week, have kids sign a LOI knowing Schiano won't be there, and then bail?

That's not really what I was saying. I meant that Tampa Bay should not have made their decision yet. However, if they really felt that had too, yes, Schiano should have waited to accept the offer. That's not lying anymore than he probably did over the weekend when he hosted official visitors and probably made no mention of an interview with the Bucs and being a candidate.

That would be the right thing to do to keep the school from possibly having their recruiting class collapse.
01-26-2012 04:23 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(01-26-2012 04:23 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  

That's not really what I was saying. I meant that Tampa Bay should not have made their decision yet. However, if they really felt that had too, yes, Schiano should have waited to accept the offer. That's not lying anymore than he probably did over the weekend when he hosted official visitors and probably made no mention of an interview with the Bucs and being a candidate.

That would be the right thing to do to keep the school from possibly having their recruiting class collapse.
What do the Bucs get out of doing that? They already dragged the hiring process too long. It needed to get done to start hiring assistants.

And there's a big difference between "lying" for a weekend and intentionally waiting until they sign a LOI and can't get out of it.
01-26-2012 04:29 PM
EddieMoney Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU,Blues,Bucs
Jumped on here and thought I was reading the Bucs board for a second. I was like whoa!
01-26-2012 04:36 PM
Advertisement

17Huskies Offline
Heisman

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recrui...es-meeting

PJ mentioned by on one of the recruits:

"Three-star receiver Ruhann Peele, who committed to Rutgers last April, said he plans to honor that commitment as long as wide receivers coach P.J. Fleck remains on staff."

I really wish the NCAA would look at pushing the signing date back, which would allow most college and NFL coaching staffs to be set before the very end of the recruiting.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what does having a guy sign in Feb. or Mar. change? Signing up for Summer classes?
01-27-2012 08:11 AM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

(01-26-2012 04:29 PM)7 Wrote:  
(01-26-2012 04:23 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  

What do the Bucs get out of doing that? They already dragged the hiring process too long. It needed to get done to start hiring assistants.

And there's a big difference between "lying" for a weekend and intentionally waiting until they sign a LOI and can't get out of it.

You really have no idea about how college football, and namely coaching, works....do ya?
01-27-2012 01:35 PM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

Temple's head coach seems to be the front-runner for the Rutgers job. There are reports that he is on Rutgers campus today and interviewing for the job.
01-27-2012 01:36 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-27-2012 01:36 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  Temple's head coach seems to be the front-runner for the Rutgers job. There are reports that he is on Rutgers campus today and interviewing for the job.

I dislike Temple so... 03-nutkick

Good I hope he gets the job.
01-27-2012 01:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.