Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is your schools main message board a plus?
Bookmark and Share
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
One of the problems ASU had was that the main site covering it was a viewed as a negative by the ASU coaches and administrators, who were constituently putting out fires resulting from misinformation from that site.

ASU just decided it was in its best interest create an environment that might encourage the creation of some alternatives, like a Rivals or Scout site.

Former HC Freeze was very proactive in this effort with the goal of providing ASU fans with access to accurate and timely information that in some cases, like recruiting, the NCAA rules don’t allow ASU to provide.

New HC Malzahn has also embraced the task, and is going out of his way to give these alternative sites access to him and his players, and with the buzz around ASU football, I’m confident that ASUs days of being a one site school are finally over.
01-24-2012 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Is your schools main message board a plus?
We get it Seminole...you dont like the Den. Do you really have to try and trash us on every board? You've gone to Razorback boards, done it on here, and on our board. Whats next? Appy States board?
01-24-2012 11:06 AM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
This isn't accurate. Roberts didn't like the board but he didn't like attention from the Sun, KAIT or any media because thatwas his personality. The main reason Freeze cooperated and help foster a Scout and Rivals site is because he wanted coverage of recruiting. The main board did not and does not generate recruiting stories. Freeze loves to have that stuff out there, Roberts did not.
01-24-2012 11:30 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

(01-24-2012 11:06 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  We get it Seminole...you dont like the Den. Do you really have to try and trash us on every board? You've gone to Razorback boards, done it on here, and on our board. Whats next? Appy States board?
Actually I loved the Den and what it has meant to ASU. ASU and its fans are indebted to those guys.

Also appreciate the efforts of you, and a handful of others have done over the years to provide them with good information to help them get the ASU message out, and hate that that message has sometimes been hijacked. Keep up the good work.

I'm planning from retiring from reading or posting on message boards, and have already done so for the most part on the Den, and have made my last visit to the one Razorback board I posted ASU info on.
01-24-2012 12:06 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

(01-24-2012 11:30 AM)Crump1 Wrote:  This isn't accurate. Roberts didn't like the board but he didn't like attention from the Sun, KAIT or any media because thatwas his personality. The main reason Freeze cooperated and help foster a Scout and Rivals site is because he wanted coverage of recruiting. The main board did not and does not generate recruiting stories. Freeze loves to have that stuff out there, Roberts did not.

I did not know what Roberts feelings were, just those of Freeze and from what I have been told now Malzahn.

Aside from sports there are some real strong feelings about that site by the school and it's administration, and they are not positive.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2012 12:17 PM by Seminole Indian.)
01-24-2012 12:14 PM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(01-24-2012 12:14 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  Aside from sports there are some real strong feelings about that site by the school and it's administration, and they are not positive.

The Admin gets hammered if they do something that the fans don't like....so I can see where they wouldn't like it. But we are also quick to acknowledge when they do something that everyone supports.

I think it's good to have those checks and balances.
01-24-2012 12:23 PM
chiefsfan Offline

Our administration doesnt really understand how message boards work. They expect us to all be positive, when in reality thats only going to happen when we like what is happening.
01-24-2012 01:25 PM
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(01-24-2012 12:06 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  I'm planning from retiring from reading or posting on message boards

The message board world shouts in unison, "Thank you!"
01-24-2012 01:31 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

(01-24-2012 01:25 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Our administration doesnt really understand how message boards work. They expect us to all be positive, when in reality thats only going to happen when we like what is happening.
I think they have learned and plan on being proactive, and aggressive in making sure that people have access to the facts on a timely basis.

That should help dilute the venom of a few on that board that just have an agenda of attacking everything about ASU.

Again, guys like you just need to continue to post good information, correct errors and challenge posters that give out false information, not only on the Den, but also on any message board.
01-24-2012 02:50 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(01-24-2012 02:50 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  
(01-24-2012 01:25 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Our administration doesnt really understand how message boards work. They expect us to all be positive, when in reality thats only going to happen when we like what is happening.
I think they have learned and plan on being proactive, and aggressive in making sure that people have access to the facts on a timely basis.

That should help dilute the venom of a few on that board that just have an agenda of attacking everything about ASU.

Again, guys like you just need to continue to post good information, correct errors and challenge posters that give out false information, not only on the Den, but also on any message board.

First of all, there isnt a single poster on that board outside of a few UAF trolls that is not an Arkansas State fan. Sure, they may go after the administration a bit, but I have yet to have seen a message board where fans dont. Again ASU has no experience in dealing with active message boars, and rather then not worrying about stupid rumors, they complain.

You like to bash us when you can because you dont like certain posters without realizing that there is a reason most of us put up with them... Do you think if any of those people werent ASU fans that we would tolerate a second of what they give us on their? Have you seen the way treat UAF fans?

Quit acting like its a big deal that ASU didnt like us a few years back...they got, or will get over it. We're not changing.
01-24-2012 03:46 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

(01-24-2012 03:46 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(01-24-2012 02:50 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  

First of all, there isnt a single poster on that board outside of a few UAF trolls that is not an Arkansas State fan. Sure, they may go after the administration a bit, but I have yet to have seen a message board where fans dont. Again ASU has no experience in dealing with active message boars, and rather then not worrying about stupid rumors, they complain.

You like to bash us when you can because you dont like certain posters without realizing that there is a reason most of us put up with them... Do you think if any of those people werent ASU fans that we would tolerate a second of what they give us on their? Have you seen the way treat UAF fans?

Quit acting like its a big deal that ASU didnt like us a few years back...they got, or will get over it. We're not changing.
I don't have any problem with The Den, and don't really care what ASU or its coach’s and administrators think about it. It fills a niche, that many ASU fans want filled. All I know is I don't care for it, but have drop by a few times recently to see what was going on with recruiting.

I now know there is a better place to go for recruiting information, so don't have a need for visiting The Den.

Happy that ASU recognized that it is was in its best interest to have other sites that are more focused on providing accurate, accountable and timely information about ASU athletics, especially recruiting.

Don’t think providing accurate, accountable and timely information is the niche The Den, does or intends to fill.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2012 05:32 PM by Seminole Indian.)
01-24-2012 05:30 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
those pay sites are a joke.

both have tried to move into western.

neither have caught on. nobody wants to pay for what minimal 'scoop' you might get on recruiting.

this thread sounds like nothing more than spam to generate traffic.

you're not going to in any way replace the den any more than the teeny tiny dent scout and rivals did to h.h.

coaches are tied into them to make money.

home message boards are not meant to be cheerleading sites. the majority of posts are positive unless there's nothing positive to post like we had with ken mcdummy.
01-24-2012 06:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Roberts hated it and hated me and made that quite clear one night when he sat down at my table with his wife and I had to listen to her as she proceeded to shame most trailer trash with her behavior. Despite that I continued to treat his leadership of the team better than the performance deserved.

Roberts was anti-recruiting sites as well. He thought all Internet discussion was a negative.

The AD doesn't care for the Den but when the booster club tax reports were used as the basis of an article showing poor performance in your job you might get testy as well.

The Den has brought many thousands of dollars into the athletic department if they don't like it it speaks more to their character than the character of the fans there.

As for Freeze he felt Scout and Rivals were essential and recruited a friend to come do a site.

I had been approached by both outfits and I rejected both because I'm not interested in calling 17 and 18 year old kids, not interested in profiting from fellow fans and refuse to be in a business where my ability to make money is dependent on not pissing off a coach and losing the flow of information especially when doing that means I cannot be honest in stating my opinion.
01-24-2012 08:00 PM
Advertisement

Seminole Indian Offline
All American

(01-24-2012 06:10 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  those pay sites are a joke.

both have tried to move into western.

neither have caught on. nobody wants to pay for what minimal 'scoop' you might get on recruiting.

this thread sounds like nothing more than spam to generate traffic.

you're not going to in any way replace the den any more than the teeny tiny dent scout and rivals did to h.h.

coaches are tied into them to make money.

home message boards are not meant to be cheerleading sites. the majority of posts are positive unless there's nothing positive to post like we had with ken mcdummy.
Not a question of replacing, it is just another way for and institution, and coaches to provide accurate, accountable, timely and factual information about their athletic program, to their fans and supporters.

Those that don’t care for any of the above will still have the Den.
01-24-2012 08:03 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

(01-24-2012 08:00 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Roberts hated it and hated me and made that quite clear one night when he sat down at my table with his wife and I had to listen to her as she proceeded to shame most trailer trash with her behavior. Despite that I continued to treat his leadership of the team better than the performance deserved.

Roberts was anti-recruiting sites as well. He thought all Internet discussion was a negative.

The AD doesn't care for the Den but when the booster club tax reports were used as the basis of an article showing poor performance in your job you might get testy as well.

The Den has brought many thousands of dollars into the athletic department if they don't like it it speaks more to their character than the character of the fans there.

As for Freeze he felt Scout and Rivals were essential and recruited a friend to come do a site.

I had been approached by both outfits and I rejected both because I'm not interested in calling 17 and 18 year old kids, not interested in profiting from fellow fans and refuse to be in a business where my ability to make money is dependent on not pissing off a coach and losing the flow of information especially when doing that means I cannot be honest in stating my opinion.
I have never heard anything about you from anyone, anywhere, that was not good. We need to have your wife give us the real scoop.
01-24-2012 08:06 PM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
I think the coaches and staff to some degree desire the pay recruiting sites. It gives them a legitimate and known site for recruiting information, that to some degree they can control. Most administrations probably have a good bit of dislike for the messageboard part of sites. They tend to foster rumors, misinformation, the negative is usually emphasized greater than the positives, and sometimes information leaks via these boards before they were intended to be made public. The flip side is that good information is passed through these boards and you can get a feel for how the fanbase feels on certain things not directly linked to coaches and players.
01-25-2012 08:20 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(01-24-2012 08:06 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  
(01-24-2012 08:00 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Roberts hated it and hated me and made that quite clear one night when he sat down at my table with his wife and I had to listen to her as she proceeded to shame most trailer trash with her behavior. Despite that I continued to treat his leadership of the team better than the performance deserved.

I have never heard anything about you from anyone, anywhere, that was not good. We need to have your wife give us the real scoop.

There are few people who she holds in contempt the way she feels about Roberts wife.
01-25-2012 09:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.