Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diesel in Mobile?
Bookmark and Share
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
Diesel in Mobile?
CheerDad and HuskieBob took Diesel down to Mobile....but I don't recall seeing Diesel at all on TV. Seems very unusual. Hoping he's ok.. Anybody know anything? Was he at the game and did he run in the end zone?

Edit: just saw a pic of Diesel in Mobile on the "how was Mobile" thread. Still wondering if he got to run in the end zone though.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 04:48 PM by HuskieFootball Addict.)
01-11-2012 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Diesel in Mobile?
(01-11-2012 04:44 PM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that CheerDad and HuskieBob took Diesel down to Mobile....but I don't recall seeing Diesel at all on TV. Seems very unusual. Hoping he's ok.. Anybody know anything? Was he at the game and did he run in the end zone?

I guess you didn't see HuskieBob's new signature pic!
01-11-2012 04:47 PM
Heisman

(01-11-2012 04:47 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 04:44 PM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that CheerDad and HuskieBob took Diesel down to Mobile....but I don't recall seeing Diesel at all on TV. Seems very unusual. Hoping he's ok.. Anybody know anything? Was he at the game and did he run in the end zone?

I guess you didn't see HuskieBob's new signature pic!

Ha ha...JUST saw it like 10 seconds ago!
01-11-2012 04:49 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(01-11-2012 04:44 PM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  CheerDad and HuskieBob took Diesel down to Mobile....but I don't recall seeing Diesel at all on TV. Seems very unusual. Hoping he's ok.. Anybody know anything? Was he at the game and did he run in the end zone?

Edit: just saw a pic of Diesel in Mobile on the "how was Mobile" thread. Still wondering if he got to run in the end zone though.

Diesel was allowed to run the endzone with the cheerleaders after Huskie scores. The GoDaddy officials were very nice to NIUCheerDad and Diesel. Don't know why ESPN didn't show him more on TV. I did see one brief shot of Diesel's face when I watched the game on my DVR.

Diesel also rode on the first float in the Mardi Gras Parade!
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 05:42 PM by huskiebob.)
01-11-2012 05:42 PM
golf4501 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-11-2012 05:42 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 04:44 PM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  CheerDad and HuskieBob took Diesel down to Mobile....but I don't recall seeing Diesel at all on TV. Seems very unusual. Hoping he's ok.. Anybody know anything? Was he at the game and did he run in the end zone?

Diesel was allowed to run the endzone with the cheerleaders after Huskie scores. The GoDaddy officials were very nice to NIUCheerDad and Diesel. Don't know why ESPN didn't show him more on TV. I did see one brief shot of Diesel's face when I watched the game on my DVR.

He was also treated like a rock star by everyone. I imagine he rested well after the trip, and with this potential snow storm he is going to be real happy soon.
01-11-2012 05:56 PM
Heisman

Oh good. I must have not been watching at the time they showed him on TV. Rode in the parade huh? That's cool....what dog doesn't like riding in a car or on a float in a parade?! ;-)
01-12-2012 12:26 PM
Advertisement

cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies

You sure about that? Word around the campfire is you didn't even see him!
01-12-2012 01:18 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(01-12-2012 01:18 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  

READ MY POST - "Diesel also rode on the first float in the Mardi Gras Parade!"
01-12-2012 01:48 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

(01-12-2012 01:48 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 01:18 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  

READ MY POST - "Diesel also rode on the first float in the Mardi Gras Parade!"

I stand corrected. 05-stirthepot
01-12-2012 01:56 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Any pics of Diesel leading the parade?
01-12-2012 01:58 PM
Heisman

(01-12-2012 01:58 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Any pics of Diesel leading the parade?

Oh yea...pix of that would be cool to see!
01-12-2012 02:31 PM
Advertisement

NIUCheerDad Offline
Bench Warmer

Diesel was in the BIG A$$ shopping Cart which was the first float in the parade. Here is a pic before we started out. He was always on the left hand side of the cart so if anybody was on the right you would have missed him.

[Image: Diesel_Parade.jpg]

Here is Diesel with a ref before the game. The refs where from the ACC conference.

[Image: Diesel_Ref.jpg]
01-13-2012 08:48 AM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

Quote:The refs where from the ACC conference.

Oh, we know. Supposedly, because of one bad spot that occurred with about 48 minutes to go in the game, the ACC officials cost Arkansas State the Go Daddy Bowl. It's amazing how the four hour skullf*#&ing they got after that all came back to that call, and none of it had to do with them laying down and letting themselves get beaten.
01-13-2012 10:44 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
(01-13-2012 10:44 AM)cawoo22 Wrote:  

Oh, we know. Supposedly, because of one bad spot that occurred with about 48 minutes to go in the game, the ACC officials cost Arkansas State the Go Daddy Bowl. It's amazing how the four hour skullf*#&ing they got after that all came back to that call, and none of it had to do with them laying down and letting themselves get beaten.
And you continue your streak to the Royal Rumble as a heel. Never one for the face turn are you?
01-13-2012 12:09 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

(01-13-2012 12:09 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  
(01-13-2012 10:44 AM)cawoo22 Wrote:  

And you continue your streak to the Royal Rumble as a heel. Never one for the face turn are you?

Gettin' myself over. The marks eventually accept the heel on his own terms. I'm setting myself up for a Randy Macho Man Savage face run, where I never have to feel guilty about bringing the foreign object into the ring with me. 04-chairshot
01-13-2012 12:31 PM
Heisman

(01-13-2012 08:48 AM)NIUCheerDad Wrote:  Diesel was in the BIG A$$ shopping Cart which was the first float in the parade. Here is a pic before we started out. He was always on the left hand side of the cart so if anybody was on the right you would have missed him.

[Image: Diesel_Parade.jpg]

Here is Diesel with a ref before the game. The refs where from the ACC conference.

[Image: Diesel_Ref.jpg]

I have never known exactly how Diesel came to be the official NIU mascot and when. CheerDad, did NIU come to you or did you approach them about it? Is Diesel the first real Huskie NIU has had? How long has Diesel been the NIU official Huskie? I would love to hear the history of how it all came to be...if you don't mind.
01-13-2012 12:35 PM
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
Was Diesel shopping for the ladies?
01-13-2012 03:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
golf4501 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-13-2012 03:32 PM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  Was Diesel shopping for the ladies?

Diesel doesn't shop for the ladies, the ladies come to Diesel!
01-13-2012 03:38 PM
leguptopee Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Family
(01-13-2012 03:38 PM)golf4501 Wrote:  
(01-13-2012 03:32 PM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  Was Diesel shopping for the ladies?

Damn....I gotta get me a huskie....
01-13-2012 04:03 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(01-13-2012 04:03 PM)leguptopee Wrote:  
(01-13-2012 03:38 PM)golf4501 Wrote:  

Damn....I gotta get me a huskie....

I heard you already got one. It's just not long enough.
01-13-2012 04:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.